Chapter 35: Would you?

Switch!

 

 

    Jinri was fixing some files to be signed by the CEO on her clipboard and folder and soon she will bring it to him. She was also in charge of telling him his schedule for tomorrow. As the CEO's secretary, her job was to keep reminding him his busy schedule, paper works, and other CEO's obligation. He was completely trusted by the CEO. As she walked to Mr. Kim's office, other employees greeted and smiled at her. As she stood outside of the office, she heard the commotion inside. She figured out that Jongin was inside and she heard him shouting. She can't let it too far so she decided to go inside quietly and she heard the noise as Jongin slammed his palm in the table. They were both trembling and silent and she flinched. But, she was extremely dumbfounded at what she heard next.

 


"I killed Do Jinri's parents." Her eyes grew bigger and her vision went black. All she can feel at that moment was hatred and wrath. Her body felt numb as the files slipped through her fingers and fell down the ground. The men inside the room looked at her in shock. She heard it right. Mr. Kim admitted that he killed her parents and she didn't want to ask furthermore. 

 


"Jinri. It's not what you think." Mr. Kim defended but Jinri's tears were continuously falling down. She didn't know what to do after hearing that words from the CEO. The trusted and kind CEO.

 


"Ho... How... How could you.... do this.... to me....." Jinri was trembling and trying to gasp for air as she spoke. She tried to stand straight but her legs felt so weak that they wobbled, she fell down to the ground. Jongin walked close to her and offered to help her stand up. 

 


"I'm sorry, Jinri. I knew that this would happen and I prevented this day from coming so, I didn't tell you the truth with the best I can." Jongin held his hands out to Jinri. She grabbed it and stood up. She walked out of the room quickly and soon, tears streamed down her eyes. She tried wiping the tears off her cheeks but they flowed out of her eyes uncontrollably.

 


Jongin walked away, following Jinri as he left his father. Mr. Kim ruffled his hair and rested his elbows above his table. He doesn't know how to explain it to his son and his secretary, who was really hurt after hearing the truth behind the incident.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jinri cried as she walked past the parking area in the basement. She tried to stay calm as she could but the tears kept falling down. Suddenly, she heard someone shouting her name from afar before she could open her car. It was Kim Jongin, he rushed towards her, gave his apologies in behalf of his father.

 


"Noona, I'm very sorry for what happened. This was also my first time to know that story. I hoped that you'll be fine after you knew the truth." Jinri was worried about something so, she better tell this to Jongin.

 


"Jongin." Jinri wiped her tears on her cheeks and stayed calm for the boy.

 


"I know that you like Kyungsoo, right?" Jongin was shocked when he heard this. He thought that Kyungsoo told Jinri after his confession. He was about to complain when Jinri interrupted him.

 


"Listen to me,okay? If you didn't want to see my appearance a while ago, you should never tell Kyungsoo about this. He's too sensitive on this matter. Don't ask why. Just he's really a loving cousin. Don't let him to go to our house for a couple of weeks. Take care of him."

 


Jinri got in her car and started the engine. Jongin saw that Jinri was so devastated after hearing that her boss was responsible for the death of her parents. It was really hard for her to believe that the one she trusted so much was able to do something like that. Jongin found it very disturbing too. He didn't want to hide things from Kyungsoo, he must know this too since he is family with Kyungri but maybe it is true that this is a very sensitive thing for him to hear. He’ll do it for his own good. He would keep this a secret.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jongin got home late once again and Kyungsoo wasn't outside the house as he expected. But, he didn't want to see Kyungsoo that moment since he was burdened with what he knew. He walked weakly through the staircase when Kyungsoo went out of his room wearing his pajamas. Kyungsoo looked at him and asked him what happened. "Oh, you're home. What happened?"

 


Jongin tried to act like nothing happened and everything went well but it was too hard when he remembered Jinri's reaction and favor towards him for the sake of Kyungsoo. The dark kid expression turned dull but he managed to fake a smile. "It was good. Everything went smooth."

 


"Have you eaten dinner? You look so weak." Kyungsoo walked close to Jongin but the dark kid stepped back. The little kid was startled on Jongin's action, he thought that something might have happened.

 


"Jongin, if something happened, you could tell me. We're friends, right?" Kyungsoo held on Jongin's right hand and the dark kid felt guilt flashing through him. He knew that this boy really trusted him since their bonds has gotten stronger. The dark kid walk towards his room, leaving Kyungsoo, who was really worried.

 


Jongin put down his bag and removed his vest. He looked at his window. Scenes from earlier played in his mind and he thought of how hurt Junri must have felt. He didn't know what would happen if Kyungsoo knew about this because according to Jinri, Kyungsoo is really sensitive to that topic. But, he couldn't just hide it forever and Kyungsoo must know it since it is a family matter.

 


"I promise to tell you this, one day. This isn't the right time."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


After a few days, Kim Jongdae and Byun Baekhyun was on the broadcasting room and they congratulated the students for the exams the past week over the speakers. A lot of students were glad to hear their names as they smiled with rejoice. "Congratulations to all the students and keep up the good work. We'll be right back after a few minutes and here's a song request from real__pcy. Here's a message for Byun Baekhyun."

 


Kim Jongdae looked puzzled when he read Baekhyun's name and gazed at Baekhyun but, the other boy also had no idea about this. Jongdae returned his gaze to the request. "Baekhyun-ah, I know that I had a lot of shortcomings to you but I can fulfill it by giving my love to you everyday. I know that sometimes, you get annoyed at me but still you stayed by my side. Your smile makes my day complete and your presence makes me alive. I love you, Park Baekhyun."

 


Jongdae looked shocked as he read Baekhyun's name with the other's surname but the boy beside was blushing and he found it gross. "Ok. So, here's My Answer by EXO."

 


The soft melody of the song was played through the campus and other students found the message for Baekhyun really sweet. They figured that it was from his boyfriend, Park Chanyeol.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked in front of the mirror with Tao, Kris, Minseok, and Yixing. 

 


"You look great, hyung." Tao blabbered while the other boys swept away the dirt on Chanyeol's uniform. They supported him in courting Baekhyun once again. Finally, Chanyeol walked out the restroom and took his way to the broadcasting room with his friends. They stood behind him and followed him on his way.

 


Jongdae still looked at Baekhyun blankly while his broadcasting mate blushed while the song played. He was really annoyed seeing Baekhyun flush from surprise. He hates couples but isn’t bitter. He wasn't acting normal but they still did well on being a dj. Suddenly, the door opened without any words and they both saw Chanyeol in his best appearance. Baekhyun never saw him this handsome. Jongdae stood up from his chair and made his way to Chanyeol.

 


"Hi Baekkie." Baekhyun stood in front of Chanyeol's chest since his boy was really tall. They were few centimeters away and Jongdae joined his bunch of friends and watched the couple. 

 


"Hi Yeollie." Baekhyun lowered his head because he couldn't help but feel shy and surprised. Suddenly, Chanyeol revealed his hand behind his back, holding a bouquet of flowers. Baekhyun was really surprised on what was happening. He found his boyfriend really sweet.

 


"Baekhyun, can you answer my question once again?" The little boy felt curious about this.

 


"Can you be my boyfriend forever?" Baekhyun felt a little weird but he giggled because he found this really dumb since he was already Chanyeol's boyfriend.

 


"Of course, yes. I'm already yours." Baekhyun smiled wide as Chanyeol hugged him tightly like they were a new couple.

 


"I did this because I wanted to make you feel special everyday when you're mine. I also brought you flowers." 

 


"You didn't need to do these things. I always feel special when I'm with you."

 


Their friends were reacting in different ways and of course, Jongdae was feeling irritated with this kind of scene. He didn't like lovey-dovey scenes and he was a prankster while Tao found this really cute. Kris was proud of his friend for being a sweet guy while, Minseok was still eating bread while he supported his friend. Everyone was really happy for them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the same time, Kyungsoo was inside the library with Jongin, who was still unwell for what happened yesterday. Kyungsoo looked at him but he didn’t dare look back. Kyungsoo felt that there was something wrong with Jongin. "Hey. Should I go home in my real house later?"

 


Jongin looked at him seriously and he remembered that Jinri told him that take care of Kyungsoo while she clears up her mind and take it all in. "No. Stay with me."
"It seems like you're mad at me or you have some kind of problem. You don’t want to tell me about it so I figured that maybe you need some time alone? I am willing to give you space if that’s what you want."

 


"No. I just need you to stay by my side. Your presence makes me feel alright. At least a bit. My head just doesn't feel good today."

 


Jongin realized that he must not show any signs of worry. He's been like this for the few days and Kyungsoo was really not used to this since Jongin was really an energetic and close to being insane guy. He must pretend that everything is fine. Kyungsoo continued scanning the book when Jongin saw someone behind him. It was Sehun and Luhan together. They were both happy so, Jongin whispered at Kyungsoo.

 


"Hey. Since when did Sehun and Luhan become that close?" Kyungsoo was startled on the dark boy's question and he looked behind him and saw Sehun and Luhan having a good time with each other. The little kid felt happy when he saw Sehun was doing great when he was with Luhan. It was a good start of moving on and a start of finding his new love. 

 


Kyungsoo heard the song that was being played by the broadcasting team. Jongin knew that this was Chanyeol's plan for his boyfriend. The little boy was singing as the song played. It was his first time hearing Kyungsoo singin in front of him but it was in a low tone. "That was Chanyeol's plan for Baekhyun."

 


"For what?" Kyungsoo looked at him curiously.

 

 

"Nothing. He’s just that sweet."

 


"I envy Baekhyun for having someone like Chanyeol. He always treats Baekhyun like they haven’t started dating yet. He courts him everyday. Baekhyun's very lucky for having Chanyeol." Jongin looked at him seriously and Kyungsoo realized that Jongin liked him. It was very awkward for him to tell that in front of Jongin because it sounded like he was demanding him to do the same thing as Chanyeol.

 


"I'm sorry." Jongin smiled at him and Kyungsoo gladly saw that the dark kid was fine. But, he still found the air between them awkward from what he said.

 


"You envy Baekhyun for being in a relationship?" Kyungsoo kept on scanning the book he was reading to distract himself because his heart was pumping really hard and he can’t move.

 


"Why don't you tell me that you love me too so we could get started." Jongin leaned closely to Kyungsoo but he didn't want to get affected by his teasing words. He didn't understand what was happening between them. Is Jongin in the stage of courting?

 


"Just sit back there, dark kid." Kyungsoo's cheeks turned red and he felt it heating so he lowered his head and continued scanning the book. Jongin might find a weak spot on Kyungsoo if he saw him blushing from his words. So, he better hide his face from Jongin while the dark kid was focused on the little kid.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jinri was on a coffee shop, drinking her macchiato. The smell of coffee felt so good as she sipped from her cup. She sighed in refreshment and her upper lip and gulped. Actually, she tried finding for another job all day and got ready with her papers for her resignation in Canyon Enterprises. She wanted to forget all that she knew that day. For her, the CEO was the most horrible person she met. She couldn't think straight whenever she remembered that he was the one who killed her parents.

 

 


Suddenly, there was a call on her phone. It was Kyungsoo. She quickly tapped the answer button and talked to the boy. "Don't you have class?"

 

 


"The teacher sent us out early so I managed to call you."

 

 


"Do you have any problem?" She tried to sound normal.

 

 


"Can I visit you home?" Jinri was about to choke when she heard Kyungsoo.

 

 


"Uhmm. I'm going to have my overtime because the documents are needed to be delivered tomorrow. Maybe next time." She couldn't handle the burden knowing that she was hiding secrets from her own sister. She needed to do this so Kyungsoo won't feel bad and burdened too.

 

 


"Too bad. Well, I’ll call you later. Bye." Kyungsoo hung up and Jinri put down her phone and fixed her hair. She wanted her brother to stay as he is and feel good everytime. She couldn't handle it if her brother would be sad. She promised to herself that she would let Kyungsoo know it one day but this wasn't the perfect time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Kyungsoo was outside the house, eating some nachos for his midnight snacks. He always finish his homeworks early so, he could have free time to relax and enjoy the night breeze. He was sitting on a bench that was not far from the house. For him, the time was too early to sleep so, he chose to eat. Suddenly, Jongin also came from the house wearing a e shirt and black ninja pants. It seemed that Jongin didn't want to sleep yet. He saw Kyungsoo from afar and called him. "Aren't you sleepy?"

 

 


"The atmosphere here seems to be nice. Come here." Jongin walked towards him and sat beside him. The dark kid really wanted this. He wanted to be anywhere near him. Jongin grabbed some nachos and ate with Kyungsoo. 

 

 


"You are really gross." Kyungsoo looked at him in annoyance.

 

 


"Where did you buy this? They're delicious." Jongin the tip of his finger as he wiped it on his pants and looked at Kyungsoo.

 

 


"Behind the chicken store near the school. Sehun used to buy me these." Kyungsoo was shocked with what he said. It just slipped from his mouth. He shouldn’t have said it. She isn’t Kyungri! 

 

 


"Sehun? The freak guy? Did you know each other for a long time?" Jongin gave him a questioning look. Kyungsoo turned dumb but he would never tell his past with Sehun.

 

 


"Of course, not. He bought me this thing after saving me from drowning." Jongin formed an o-shape with his mouth and looked away from Kyungsoo. He remembered once again the miserable truth about his father and to Kyungsoo's family. He knew that the little boy was sensitive towards this topic but he wanted to know further about him.

 

 


"Since we are being close, why don't you tell me about your family?" Jongin smiled at him while Kyungsoo looked at him with unease. The dark kid saw Kyungsoo’s expression and he decided that it was okay. He was willing to wait to talk about it. Kyungsoo felt depressed when he remembered his family. But he thought that this was the time to let out all of his sadness towards his family.

 

 


"My family? Jinri and Kyungri is my only family. My parents died at an early age. I felt pity towards myself for not having them with us. But, Jinri was determined person. There was someone I don’t know who let her study in a prestigious school and university." Jongin was listening carefully and his eyes were only focused at the little boy. Kyungsoo looked from afar.

 

 


 "Until now, she thanked that person for letting her study but we didn't know who that person was. There was also someone who gave her money every month for daily expenses. She thought that it was grandmother or some of our relatives but it wasn't them. She felt shy everytime she spend that money but she used it to let me and Kyungri study. I really, really love her." Kyungsoo smiled as he finished talking but there was something running through Jongin's head that he was curious with.

 

 


"How about Kyungri? Where is she?" Kyungsoo looked shocked as Jongin asked that question. He thought that this moment was all or nothing.

 

 


"Could we just change the topic? I really miss that person. I could cry if we talk about her." Jongin just let him silent for few minutes and suddenly, Kyungsoo started to talk again.

 

 


"You told me that you like me, right?"

 

 


"Yes. I like you." Jongin looked at him seriously.

 

 


"Why?" Kyungsoo looked back at him, smiling. Jongin felt nervous as he thought of something he liked about Kyungsoo. He liked his eyes, nose, lips, ears, hands, and everything about him. His body went numb and he spoke without thinking.

 

 


"Because I like everything about you inside and out." Kyungsoo smiled and looked up in the sky. His heart fluttered wildly as it was to burst out and he was happy from what he heard. But, he couldn't understand why he feels so happy around Jongin. He was unsure but he thought that it wasn't right. Jongin was looking at his eyes as they sparkle prettily. Suddenly, Kyungsoo thought of something since their bond between them got stronger. He would just do this for Jongin.

 

 


"Would you still like me if you will know that I'm a girl?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

A/N:

Here's a long update for you guys. I hope you liked it. Please continue supporting until the end. <3

Keep subscribing and sharing. Stay tuned ^_^

I love you <3 <3 <3