Chapter 31: This Can't Be Happening

Switch!

 


 

    It was the second day of the student council's project and they were going to have a lot of activities. They did some team games or more like family games. The games were really fun and helps create a bond between the kid and their guardians such as sack race, tug-of-war, and a lot more. Of course, Jongin and Taeyong was into it. They won a lot of games and received a lot of prizes but there's Kyungsoo, who wasn't energized at all. He just participated with the games but he didn't give a lot of eagerness towards it. He still feels bad having to let go of Sehun. Jongin noticed this while they're playing but he decided to talk with him after the activity.

 


All guardians and pre-schoolers were resting around the campus. Some of them were having a conversation while others were eating. Jongin and Kyungsoo stayed in front of Taeyong while he's eating in the cafeteria, wearing their fancy headbands again. As Kyungsoo looked at Taeyong, Jongin stared at him and he noticed it. "Kyungsoo."

 


Kyungsoo looked at him blankly. He was dull. "Is there any problem? Your seem disturbed.” The little boy tapped his fingers above the table as he glanced at Taeyong. "It's.... just.... I have.... a little headache." 

 


Jongin wasn't satisfied with his reason but he didn't force Kyungsoo. So, he felt so worried on the little boy as Kyungsoo fake smiled at Taeyong to show that he was ok. Jongin wondered what's going on with Kyungsoo. The little boy didn't even talk to him in the house even when the week isn’t really that busy. He realized that he had a big problem to solve. He wanted to help Kyungsoo but he couldn't figure out what his problem was. 

 


"Hey! We haven't taken a picture since yesterday. Let’s take a picture now!" Jongin was in his energetic mood. He tried to cheer up Kyungsoo but the little boy forced an unnatural smile. Jongin noticed it and whispered at him.

 


"Kyungsoo, please be happy. Do it for Taeyong." Actually, Jongin wanted to tell Kyungsoo to smile for him to make him feel fine. So, Kyungsoo smiled as good as he can and the picture turned out well. Taeyong was smiling while his cheeks were puffy because he had food in his mouth while Kyungsoo's chin was on Jongin's shoulder, wearing their bunny headband. It looked like they were really a family so Jongin sent it to Kyungsoo and told him to smile everytime.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Taeyong was with the other kids on the playground while their guardians watched over them. Then, there's Kyungsoo who was eating some cotton candy while Jongin was away. His eyes were on Taeyong but he was thinking how to tell Sehun that he didn't he liked him. It would be very hard to lie to him. That's pretty hard but he wanted to do this for the sake of Luhan.

 


"When are you going to tell him?" Luhan sat beside Kyungsoo. He knew that Kyungsoo was really a soft-hearted person but he had a stupid mind when it comes to love matters. It was really pathetic to leave your special someone for the sake of others.

 


"You know, you are really a kind person. I know that you really like Sehun, don't you?" Luhan looked with a bright eyes.

 


Kyungsoo looked down and took a pinch on his cotton candy. "I liked him before."

 


"Why did your feelings change?"

 


"I am trying hard not to like him for you. I want you to be happy. I saw that you've been very sad after what happened in the elections. I want you to have a better life and be happy." Luhan took this chance to deceive him with him once again.

 


"Thank you very much. I’m going to love Sehun better than you did." Luhan smiled at him really bright while Kyungsoo couldn't take what was he saying but he would do this for a friend. Suddenly, Jongin came with two plastic cups on his hands filled with juice. When he saw Luhan, he remembered that yesterday, Kyungsoo and Luhan talked and after that, Kyungsoo turned gloomy so he presumed that Luhan was the cause of his mood since yesterday. He put down the cups in between Kyungsoo and Luhan and he stood behind Kyungsoo, holding its shoulders firmly.

 


"What are you talking about?" Jongin looked at them curiously. Kyungsoo sighed as he stood up and faced Jongin.

 


"We're just having a friendly conversation." Kyungsoo looked seriously at the dark kid's eyes.

 


"I thought you’re really mad at him."

 


"I already forgave him. Let's just go and call Taeyong." Jongin felt uneasy. He remembered Kyungsoo’s question. He thought that maybe he would let go of Sehun for Luhan. But, that's impossible. He thought that he didn't like Sehun just what he said last time but why would he turn out like this?

 


Kyungsoo bowed a little to Luhan and walked away while Sehun was about to approach Luhan with their baby girl. Jongin looked at them reluctantly as Sehun approached Luhan. Sehun saw Kyungsoo walk, leaving Jongin. He saw Jongin's gaze looked like there’s a problem then he walked away. Sehun looked at Luhan and asked him. "Did something happen?"

 


Luhan was still looking at the path where Kyungsoo walked.

 


"A friendly conversation, I guess." Luhan smiled at him but Sehun was curious on what happened while he was away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jinri was on her way to the CEO Kim's office because of an important document she forgot. She walked briskly and barged in to the room. No one's inside and seemed that the CEO wasn't coming yet. She rushed to the working table of the CEO and opened the compartments one by one. She looked at every piled folders inside but the document she needed wasn't there. "Where did I put it? This is ridiculous."

 


Jinri was really annoyed because her memory wasn't that good. So, she went to the big cabinet behind the office table. She opened every compartment carefully. She started from the bottom of cabinet but, it wasn't there. She also searched for the middle part but it also wasn't there. Now, this was a great challenge for her. She was going to search for the one at the top so she grabbed a chair and stood on it. She finally saw the document she needed but, a lot of files fell down. "Oh no. Oh no."

 


She panicked down when she saw the files were scattered on the ground. She quickly put the chair she used at the side and picked the every paper. She arranged it according to the topic of every file but she saw something special. It's a folder with a hospital emblem. She set aside every files she arranged and looked the medical folder. She felt strange about it and its emblem. 

 


"I think I saw this before. Should I take a look on it?"

 


She opened the folder carefully and got the paper inside. When she was about to grab it out, the CEO came to his office looking at Jinri who was about to pull out the paper inside. "Secretary Do, don't touch that!"

 


The CEO quickly approached Jinri and grabbed the folder away from her. The CEO's eyes grew bigger like it was about to burst out. "I'm so sorry. Curiosity took over me. Really, I'm sorry."

 


Jinri bowed many times but the CEO held her shoulders and told her to stop because it was fine. He trusted his secretary a lot so he wouldn't give her punishment. "Ms. Do, please get back to your work and reflect about your actions."

 


"I'm so sorry, CEO Kim. I'm going to think about what I did today but, can I ask what is inside that folder?" Jinri asked seriously but then, CEO Kim answered him straightly.

 


"It was my medical result last week. It was confidential but I wasn’t planning on telling anyone about it because it’s nothing serious." Jinri was satisfied and she said her goodbye to the CEO. She walked out calmly leaving the CEO standing in front the window. He remembered something happened in the past. A terrible memory from Mr. Do flashed on his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


---------FLASHBACK-----------

 


The rain was pouring down hardly on the roads. Mr. and Mrs. Kim was on their way home from their outreach program when suddenly his control from the car gone crazy. He can't stop from moving in a zigzag. When suddenly, they bumped into a car and they lost their consciousness for several minutes.

 


An accident occured in the middle of the road. Two cars were in collision and each of them was on fire. Glass debris were on the floor and one tire from a blue car was removed. Two people were outside to help the people inside the other car, which contained a family. Mrs. Kim was trying to talk to the person inside the car.

 


"Please stay calm. We've already contact the 119 to rescue us. I'll try to help you inside."

 


The people on the front street were unable to move because their lower body were stucked. But Mrs. Kim was really brave to help them out of trouble. Mr. Kim was finished talking with the emergency and he ran towards his wife. He was about to help the man who was in the driver seat but his wife shouted.

 


"Honey!! Help the kids behind! Keep them away as far as you can then go back here. We have no time to waste! Go!" His wife was really on panic but Mr. Kim was against it.

 


"No! You go -"

 


"Please! Honey! Keep them away. I am a former rescuer in Seoul, right? I know what to do here. Get them!" Mr. Kim was on panic too but he chose to follow his wife since she was used to this kind of activities. Mr. Kim ran to the back seat and rescued the two kids behind and carried them away. The kids were unconscious and they had little wounds in the face and arms.

 


"I'll be back, Honey! I'll be back! I promise! Be safe for our Jongin! I love you!" Mrs. Kim said.

 


"I can do this. I love you too!" Mr. Kim really couldn't leave her wife but he must first run away with the kids to bring them to a safe place. He ran as fast as he could and put them down the ground. He was panting and holding his chest but he remembered his wife so, he ran again to catch up his wife but he saw tragic scene. The car exploded leaving his wife and the parents of the kids he rescued. 

 


The half of his life was taken away from him. Knowing that his wife was there and parents of the kids. He shouted in pain and misery and he wanted to try to save his wife but the emergency came. The rescuers held him tight while the others were trying to extinguish the fire so it wouldn't blow up once more. Mr. Kim cried a lot because he knew that his loved one died and his son, Jongin, wouldn’t have a mother anymore.

 


He remembered the parents of the kids he rescued. They would be sad if they'll know the truth about their parent’s death. He believed that it was his fault since he didn't rescue their parents in time. He blamed himself for what happened.

 


Even if it was an accident, he still got imprisoned according to the law but he managed to bail himself for being rich after all. Then, he didn't tell Jongin what happened. He just told his son that his mother died in an accident and he didn't manage to help his mom. So, Jongin had hatred with his father. Jongin was really mad at his father but still, Mr. Kim tried to get his son's feelings to remember that his father was still on his side.

 

 

-------END OF FLASBACK--------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The kids already told their goodbyes to their temporary guardians, the senior students of YongShin. The students had a sad feeling when the kids were telling their goodbyes. Taeyong gave something special to his temporary parents.

 


"Dad! Mom! I made this letter last night! I hope that you'll read it whole-heartedly. I love you! Bye!" Taeyong kissed Jongin and Kyungsoo as they leaned down to the kid.

 


"Mom! Don't forget to smile everyday!" Taeyong ran away to the school bus while Kyungsoo waved at him and gave him a smile. Kyungsoo saw Baekhyun was crying happily as he saw their child going away but Chanyeol hugged him to comfort him. Bomi also cried while Yixing was telling his goodbye to their child. Sehun and Luhan were both laughing as they saw their baby girl ran away from them.

 


"Should we read it?" Jongin mumbled beside him while they were walking from the crowd. Kyungsoo nodded and Jongin opened it. As he opened it, he saw some drawings of what they did at the side. Jongin read it as Kyungsoo listened.

 


"Dear Mom and Dad, you two were really crazy. You always argue on things. But you were funny. Thank you for loving, caring, and buying me food. Dad, thank you for teaching me how to play basketball and how to dance. You’re awesome! Mom, thank you for giving me foods and you look for me everytime. Sorry if sometimes I’m stubborn. Promise me that you'll be happy with Dad. I hope one day it will be for real. You and Dad. I love you! Taeyong."

 


Kyungsoo shed his tears from his cheeks and Jongin was surprised. He didn't know that Kyungsoo was really a soft-hearted guy. "He's really kind, you know? He cares for you."

 


Kyungsoo smiled naturally and Jongin felt fine as he saw the little kid smile once again. Suddenly, Sehun was running and reached the both of them, blocking their way. He smiled but he only looked at Kyungsoo. He saw the little boy crying. "Are you okay?"

 


"He's okay. He was just touched with our kid." Jongin blurted out angrily.

 


"Oh. Kyungsoo, can I meet up with you later? Luhan told me that you're going to tell me something." Kyungsoo was surprised but he thought that it was perfect timing to tell this. It was really hard but he was determined to do this for Luhan.

 


"Ok. Meet me in front of the coffee restaurant. Text me later." Sehun walked in a blink of an eye but Jongin wanted to complain but Kyungsoo looked at him blankly.

 


"Are you going to say something?" Jongin bit his lower lip. He thought that he had no right to stop Kyungsoo in every decision he would make. So, he let Kyungsoo to meet up with Sehun but he's going to spy on them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was late evening when Sehun was waiting for Kyungsoo. He was wearing a black top with ripped jeans and high cut shoes. He wondered what Kyungsoo tell him. He thought that Kyungsoo would tell his true feelings towards him because the last time he asked the little boy, he said that it was a no. So, he was expecting that Kyungsoo changed his mind. Finally, Kyungsoo got there. He was wearing gray shirts with black cardigan and gray on top of it, black pants and black topsiders. Sehun smiled brightly at him but Kyungsoo smiled uncomfortably because he would finally let go of him.

 


They walked through the sidewalks with many people passing by. Meanwhile, Jongin was behind them without even being noticed by the two. He was a few feet away from them but he had a good view of them. Suddenly, Sehun started their conversation.

 


"Do you want to eat something?" Kyungsoo shook his head but Sehun kept on suggesting some things to do. Kyungsoo kept on shaking his head. He just wanted to finish this day and finish what's with him and Sehun.

 


"Sehun." Kyungsoo said in his low tone. They both stopped in the middle of the park where the street lights were brightly working. There were few people around the park. Jongin was behind the tree a few meters away.

 


"Yes?"

 


"I am going to tell you something. Please listen carefully." Sehun looked at him closely but Kyungsoo looked down.

 


"It came to me that you like me. Don't you?" Sehun was a little bit shocked but he smiled after all.

 


"Did Luhan tell you? Yes, I like you but I'm not yet ready to step out of my comfort zone since I wanted us to know more about each other and..." As Sehun continued talking, Kyungsoo felt something on his heart. It was fluttering and beating really wild. He wanted to stop this feeling so...

 


"Sehun, please stop feeling that way towards me." Kyungsoo interrupted Sehun leaving the tall boy really shocked with his rejection.

 


"I.. I don't like you... really..." Kyungsoo was trembling but Sehun can't believe it.

 


"Kyungsoo, we have much time left. I can wait for you to like me back." Sehun held into his hands but Kyungsoo escaped from it.

 


"No, Sehun. You're Kyungri's boy and I believe that someone would be better than me." Kyungsoo was about to cry but he managed not to because it would only show that he wasn't into it.

 


"Kyungsoo, I love you."

 


Kyungsoo's eyes grew bigger and his body was about to melt but he must snap out of it. If he really wanted to let go of Sehun, he would be strong and ready for it. But, Sehun grabbed his waist and leaned closer to his face and started another kiss. This time, Sehun really meant to kiss the little boy. Their lips  completely touched. Jongin saw again this kind of view and he felt hurt but Kyungsoo pushed Sehun quickly. He ran away from him without saying any word. Kyungsoo felt his chest growing and his hair getting longer. He slowly became slimmer as he ran away. 

 


Meanwhile, Jongin walked briskly to Sehun and grabbed his collar. "What do you think you're doing?!" 

 


Sehun was shocked and he didn't know what he was doing. He knew that he did it in purpose but he didn't expect the outcome. Jongin pushed him away and he tried to catch up with Kyungsoo, who was experiencing a weird phenomenon.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

A/N:

Sorry for the late update, please understand. I hope you liked the new chapter!!

Stay tuned <3 Keep subscribing and sharing.

I love you <3 <3 <3