Chapter 1 - 3|3

Amends of Heart

[ Chapter 1] Part.3

“Seo…Kang In?” After a minute or less, Kyung Rok ensured.

 

Oh.” Accorded, Joon Hyuk extended then. “You know him?”

 

Gazed forward, Kyung Rok did not give response. His static expression indicated as though he was mulling over a matter and apparently, it could be regarding this person named Seo Kang In. Seemed to be in another skeptical mood while after having discovered that sort of name.

 

Aishh, Seo Kang In, the famous pioneer who often pays charity shows in recent days.” On the other hand, Joon Hyuk deemed the former had no knowledge who was he talking about. “There’s no way you aren’t familiar with him. This Seo Kang In guy and you together had ever entered the same piano’s contest before. Remember? The contest you were surprisingly eliminated from.”

 

Upon the last one, right away, Kyung Rok turned his sight on Joon Hyuk - somewhat glowered at him. Therefore, no delay Joon Hyuk switched his eyes from Kyung Rok , tried to avoid the alert he had committed. He already had the idea that Kyung Rok was totally disgruntled for his outspoken statement just now. Compressed his lip, Joon Hyuk put a guilt on himself – he really should not mention about the previous contest event.

 

“Look, seriously, about that contest…I didn’t mean to --- ”

 

“Fix that mouth of yours really well, you brat. Otherwise, you’ll have your head cut off next time you go through the matter you shouldn’t be bringing up, for sure.”

 

For such a grave warning, Joon Hyuk became wordless yet again, being timid. Kyung Rok always gave out dangerous threats and worse, there was no chance he would not fulfill them. He imagined how he would look like if that really occurred. Head was chopped off? It was an end. The result was certainly a death and it was truly terrible.

 

Concerning he still had important thing to settle, pushed his infuriation towards Joon Hyuk aside, Kyung Rok went back to the very first topic they had a short time ago. “How much you yearn for all the pieces?”

 

Puffed out a tad of tired sigh, Joon Hyuk asserted. “Have told you. You won’t get them.”

 

“So, you very much wish you’d hand them out to Seo Kang In, that two-faced criminal?”

 

“Wha --- what criminal?” Joon Hyuk’s face got scrunched up.

 

“Just sell those pieces to me.”

 

Joon Hyuk looked as if he was kind of sick of that sort pressure from Kyung Rok. “Yaah, why are you so swollen-headed?”

 

Cropped up being provoked, Kyung Rok could feel himself more boiled and bothered. Joon Hyuk’s arrogant unwillingness thoroughly made him just want to punch his smug face immediately, to rip him off all out until he would come to agree with his offer. But then….

 

“…… Your mistress woman!” A bit loud, he was at it yet again.

 

Eyes wide opened, greatly shocked, Joon Hyuk did not expect that was coming. “Yaah!” Swiftly, he glanced around, fearful of someone could be near there and overheard. “You jerk, why were so noisy?! Someone may hear you.”

 

“Now…” Glared at the latter, Kyung Rok proceeded. “You’re making me like an idiot! You useless human.” Erupted his resentment, he went back along. “You always can tell I’ll do what it takes to gain everything I desire. Everything. And, at this moment, I want all those pieces which at the beginning you’d provide them for me. Yet, because you’re so greedy, now you aim for selling them to another worthless guy.” Halted, drew close to the hesitant Joon Hyuk, he admonished. “Son Joon Hyuk, give me what I need or your underground affair will soon be found out. You choose.”

 

Vulnerable. Joon Hyuk was caught being helpless. One after another harm Kyung Rok flung on him. Dreadful, he learned himself could no longer be composed. “Yaah yaah, why are you being this scary? How dare you’re threatening me twice?!”

 

Merely forwarded his stare straight to the front, devoid of even taking glimpse at the upset Joon Hyuk, obviously, Kyung Rok did not have any concern on a part of the pathetic life Joon Hyuk had been going through, that much caused by him. To achieve his target, Kyung Rok had no dilemma for exploiting people’s weakness, only to pull the victory to his side.

Joon Hyuk scratched his head repeatedly, having been all worried. If his wife, his in-laws and his father would figure out the secret affair he had with a married woman, he would be deadly done and the whole thing would mix up, creating a very huge trouble.

 

Aisshh! Arasso! I’ll sell them to you.” Eventually, Joon Hyuk surrendered with a heavy heart. “But, Kyung Rok-ah…will you up the price a bit?”

 

Kyung Rok turned towards Joon Hyuk. He rejoined. “Let’s see, shall it be any worse for having your wifey and that mistress woman --- ”

 

“That’s enough!” Joon Hyuk stopped him without pending the hint to be finished. He could sense Kyung Rok would never match him. “Aahh, jinjha! Why the heck you learn many things about me? So unlucky.” Nagged, Joon Hyuk could not be no more frustrated on himself. “Stay here. I’ll go get those stupid pieces.” Sounded mad and down, he headed off.

 

At behind, nonchalantly, Kyung Rok examined Joon Hyuk’s steps with a wicked contemplation in his mindset.
‘If it’s me, then in any way, you can’t ever surpass. You’re wretched. Whatever happens, I’m no sorry for that.’ 

 

Out of the blue, he was relieved he had just ‘won’. Thanks to Joon Hyuk’s faults.

 

“Kyung Rok?” A voice emitted out his name from a side.

 

Immobilized, he was studying that voice and he believed he recognized it. Gradually, Kyung Rok showed his lack of emotion face, confronted the owner of the former voice. He guessed it truly right. It was Joon Hyuk’s father’s.

 

“Long time no see.” The middle-aged man greeted with welcoming smile.

 

“….. Yeah, I guess.”

 

A silence.

 

“Still do that kind of business?”

 

Kyung Rok threw a look at him. The ahjusshi doubted as if he identified what matter he shared with his son and the way Kyung Rok reacted as if the question did not surprise him, as if he had no worries with someone like that ahjusshi having knowledge about the furtive business he had been in - the business which involved his own son.

 

“As you knew it is.” Spontaneously, Kyung Rok concurred, was not even in denial.

 

Beamed a little, he said after one to two seconds. “He will be disappointed.”

 

Justly maintained at his position, Kyung Rok could clearly catch up. Yet, he in some way wondered who ‘he’ this man referred to?

 

“Your grandpa, if he sees you doing this, he will be disappointed.” Now that had been emphasized.

 

Took notice of the speech, Kyung Rok’s face grew hardened. His palm was about to build a fist. Nonetheless, he discarded. More solemn - merely was demonstrated by the pair of his eyes.


----------------------------------------------------------

At a town market…

 

Haeri quietly sat at one corner, waiting for some buyers to come to look for their needs of fresh fishes and vegetables. However, seemingly, she paid more attention to the advertisement paper and, it focused on job’s section. Little did she realized, her mother witnessed this act. Squeezed her lips, without ado, she knocked her full four fingers on the daughter’s head, hardly.

 

Aaahhh!” Haeri shrieked. Held onto her head, rubbed it repetitively, she felt hurt there. “Appo!” She made a complaint with an angry echo.

 

“Deserve it well, you bad girl.” The mother cursed. She rapidly grabbed the paper Haeri was holding and tossed an annoyed face at the former. “What’s this? You’re doing it again?!”

 

Aisshh!” Straight away, Haeri snapped the paper back from the mother. She was not fond of the latter’s attitude.

 

“Don’t dream of you’re searching for another new job. Are you that deaf that I’ve to mentioning the same thing over and over?!” Yelled out, the mother’s temperature was rather heated. Did not even care people around would turn their eyes on them both.

 

“Why so loud?! Sound just like that arrogant guy.” Grumbled, Haeri could not bear in some way her mother’s words would resemble that arrogant person – whom she always referred to Kyung Rok. She went on next. “I was just looking through this paper for extra money. Not that I want to quit that favored job of yours.”

 

“Oh yeah? If you really mean it, then good for you.” Mocked at Haeri, the mother repaid. “So long you haven’t been fired, I won’t allow you. Even you’re kicked out, I won’t either. You still have to beg that owner to keep on hiring you. Understand?”

 

“Creepy.”

 

“Listen very well, no new job. Definitely a no.”

 

Bit the lips, Haeri exposed discontentment. “What a self-centered of you, Mrs Na. Are you really my mother?” Whined and she paused.

 

Saw her mother plainly ignored her, working on other items at the market on the contrary, led she blurted out a low burden sigh. “For how long will I suppose to work there? I wish for a new one.”

 

“If possible, for ever.”

 

Omma!

 

Eisshh! This brat! End the topic already! To conclude, if you’re purposely to quit the job, I’ll consider I’ve never born you.”

 

Gaped, Haeri was so sure this was the first time she heard such warning from her mother’s mouth. “Bwuh ra gu yo? Hoh!” Almost disbelieved, being on edgy, she shouted back. “Kurae. Better it happens though. I’ll be more than glad.”

 

As a result, without prior notice, a cabbage was tossed away right at her face by the maddened mother, as a response.

 

“.....Na Geum Soo-sshi!” Retorted at the mother, Haeri was indeed upset ahead the reaction.

---------------------------------------------------------

“I don’t steal. I only buy.” Excused his opinion through the pieces business, Kyung Rok elaborated next. “They give me the things. I give them money. Both sides won’t be at loss. Also, grandfather had long gone, why would I’ve to be concerned whether he will be mad or not if he gets to know what I’ve been doing? Sooner or later, he shall understand.”

 

Smiled lightly, Joon Hyuk’s father spoke. “Let’s hope so.” At the same time, his voice sounded down in the dumps.

 

In fact, for a moment, that ahjusshi got Kyung Rok to be infuriated with him raking up his grandfather. Somehow, Kyung Rok held it back.

 

Yaah Kim Kyung Rok!” Joon Hyuk called out, standing at the front door of his house.

 

Advanced to the spot, Kyung Rok received an A4 size envelope from him. He took out some pieces by way of simply verifying them whether they are the true ones or not.

 

“You, what were you chatting about with my father? Did you --- ”

 

“Don’t bother. Nothing to do with you.” Kyung Rok advised while sliding those back into the envelope. “About this, are you sure these are all them? Could be you’re hiding some and saving to sell them to others. You’re not, are you?”

 

“Why would I?” Anxious of that thought, Joon Hyuk disproved. “Those are in the envelope, they’re the only I’ve saved. I’m giving them all to you. This is indeed true. Haven’t I given in to you? Aushh! There’s no left. I’m selling all them. Do believe me, you wary guy.”

 

Kurom, if you’re caught doing this selling job with someone else, you won’t be able to run away from troubles. Do I make it clean?”

 

“I got it already. Aishh!” Joon Hyuk lengthened. “Anyways, nice job. Making threats, you’ve improved so much. Congratulation.”

 

Being attached to the sly talking from Joon Hyuk, Kyung Rok erected a bit smirk on the face. Afterwards, he viewed Joon Hyuk’s father who had just approached them. Seeing this, Joon Hyuk quickly spared himself from the situation. He knew very well his father had never been keen in the dealing he and Kyung Rok had been making together.

 

Aahh, why suddenly so cold out here? I’m going in.” Fabricated. He said it solely to get off the strain he would have from his father.

 

Caught a glance of Joon Hyuk having disappeared, Kyung Rok opted to leave. Bend his head down a bit as a sign of goodbye, he ditched the point. Right at the third pace, unpredictably, his name was shouted once again. Loath, Kyung Rok span to the rear.

 

All of a sudden, Joon Hyuk’s father included a clandestine phrase. “Pure goal. Your grandpa normally would point this out when he mentioned you. I anticipate you’re acquainted with it better than me.”

 

Before the former’s father could carry on, Kyung Rok had hurriedly come to a conclusion. “...Like, badly, I don’t comprehend what you’re saying. I must get going now.” Decided to continue leaving. Nevertheless, his eardrum captured the later prolongation.

 

“When you have time, try recover the meaning behind that pure goal you used to gain.”

 

Abruptly being fed up, Kyung Rok revealed. “Don’t tell me you actually believe what my grandfather had told you beforehand, about the pure goal thing.”

 

Consequently, Ahjusshi’s forehead crumpled.

 

“I really hate to say but you’re unbearable. Purity, pure goal, there are no such thing. Do put your mind right quickly, ahjusshi. Asking me to look back at that meaningless matter? I’m sick of it.” Walked off directly, Kyung Rok was being determined. The enraged face he had had shown how he endured. He could not lie he was essentially furious.

 

At the back, Joon Hyuk’s father shook head frustratingly. Recalled what Kyung Rok had just stated, he happened to be sad.
‘I didn’t expect how far this kid has been changed. You used to work harder to reach that goal, Kim Kyung Rok. Why treat your whole years of sweats for its sake as a waste? Why stop?’

 

----------


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com