Love Should Go On

Symptoms

“Yah, let’s go home already!” called a very impatient Minho from across the room.

His eyebrow raised then to see Jonghyun and Key’s gazes still locked-not even slightly distracted from his loud voice in the now almost silent classroom. This would not do at all thought Minho.

"THWACK"

The next thing Jonghyun knew, there was a sharp slap to the back of his head. He looked back to see a now grinning Minho.

Jonghyun glanced around the classroom-it was empty.

“Where did the other students go? When did class end?What exactly was so fascinating that made him forget the world around him?” Jonghyun thought.A quick glance to his right and he found his answer.

It was Key. His face had a faint pink tint on it.

“Key is blushing...from staring...at me” Jonghyun thought as he began to blush himself.

“Oooh look at the shy new couple blushing-how c u t e~” taunted Minho

“Let’s go home already, I’m dying to go to sleep!” Said Minho

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The trio casually walked down the sidewalk to their homes. It was awkward to say the least. But Jonghyun couldn’t think of anything to ask Key.

"What should I ask him? The weather? How he likes the school do far? Does he even want to walk home with us? What if he thinks I'm a creep for staring at him?" A distressed Jonghyun thought.

Minho,noticing the awkward tension and Jonghyun’s face that seemed desperate for a way to connect to Key decided to be the excellent friend he was and help. He was glad that Jonghyun was actually interested in another person. When Jonghyun’s parents started going home less because of work, Jonghyun became more reserved within himself. Minho thought it was because Jonghyun blamed himself for not being interesting enough to his parent-which was completely wrong. Minho was now even more dedicated to helping his quiet best friend while he smiled kindly at Jonghyun stealing glances at Key.

Minho lovingly texted Jonghyun :“Talk about the mid-semester project or music; I’m gonna leave you two alone to “progress” & don't do it in the park on the way home pls~ ^.^”

Minho laughed at his wit while suddenly and dramatically sprinting away from the two,yelling something about them being too slow.

Now it was only Key and Jonghyun walking down the deserted sidewalk.

Jonghyun cringed while reading the message from Minho but tried the advice anyway.

“So Key, do you have a particular type of music you like?”

Key’s eyes brightened at the mention of music “Not really but I really love songs with meaningful lyrics and a killer melody.”

“Woah, that is exactly how I would describe my music tastes too. I feel like I can relate to lyrics even more being a lyricist myself;it kind of inspires me to write lyrics sometimes.” said Jonghyun

Key suddenly stopped walking and clapped his hands together in excitement.

“For the song we have to make, we can listen to music at my house and think of lyrics and stuff together; I have a huge music collection we can use for inspiration...if you want to that is.” the excited blond and pink haired boy asked.

Jonghyun couldn’t believe this. He got to hang out with Key while getting to know him and listen to great music at the same time.

“That sounds like a great idea. We can start after school tomorrow since its already late today.You can text me your address.” Jonghyun said

"Okay cool. This might be too much info but, at my old school, I was mostly a "lone-wolf" and it didn't help that my views of music was different from everyone else. So I’m so glad that I finally found someone that actually relates to music like I do"

Key said while looking down to pull his phone out of his pocket to exchange numbers.

"Well now we can be lone wolves together!" Jonghyun joked as he exchanged numbers with Key.

He was amazed at how much they had in common. Music was one of the most important things to him, and Kibum was only person who understood his passion for music

The two new close friends were so entrapped in their conversations about their passion for music that Jonghyun didn't even notice they entered the same neighborhood and then the same street. Large houses with perfectly cut green grass lined the neighborhood.

Jonghyun spotted a moving truck in the driveway of the house next to his as he approached his house. There were only two houses at the end of his street and one of them was Jonghyun’s.

This could only mean one thing. Kim Kibum was his new neighbor.

After goodbyes were said Jonghyun ran upstairs to room to flop upon his bed and yelled into his pillow.

Jonghyun turned to lay flat on his back while staring at his ceiling.

“Kim Kibum...Key...Keybummie...ahh even his name can be so cute and interesting” Jonghyun said aloud

Key was a very kind person who easily related to Jonghyun. That didn’t happen very often. Usually people only wanted Jonghyun for his musical talent, not because they actually wanted to know him. The students in his class even thought that he was arrogant and anti-social because of his skills and reserved personality. Because of this misconception, he only had his childhood friend Minho and music to depend on. To add to this his parents were almost constantly away for work. Kibum was one of the few people, in a long time, that was different.

 

Author's note: I tried once again *sighs*. Sorry for not updating during the week, I was very busy with school. But did you like this chapter? Was it boring? There was a lot of character development right? The song that I thought fit this chapter is the name of the title "Love should go on" by shinee ...Well I dont really have anything to add...Did you SHINee with their new haircolors for their comeback yet?

Anyways please comment/critique if you want~!