Romantic

Symptoms

 

Key took a week off from school after his heart breaking confrontation with Jonghyun.

He couldn’t even stand the thought of Jonghyun’s name, let alone his face.

In order to stay home,he lied and told Baekhyun he had a fever. Although this allowed him to avoid potentially painful questions, he had to endure Baekhyun checking up on him very frequently.

“Key, are you asleep right now?” Baekhyun whispered as walked into Key’s room for the seventh time that afternoon. He looked at the bed to see Key deeply bundled into the covers as he slept; His chest rising and falling softly.

“At least he’s finally sleeping.” Baekhyun thought with a sigh.

Key hadn’t been able to sleep restfully for days and didn’t feel like eating very much. His face had become paler along with deep under eye circles that made his face look sickly.

“Jonghyun...please forgive me...” Key whispered as he shifted in his exhausted slumber.

“What could Key possibly have done that he would need forgiveness for?” Baekhyun wondered.

He saw Key’s hand unclench from its position on top of his chest and a wrinkled note fell out. Key had been clutching this note tightly to his chest the entire week. Baekhyun had wondered what it was but had somehow felt that he shouldn’t mention it. He knew something was wrong when he saw Key's eyes were red and irritated from crying the first time he checked on him.

"This is probably the only clue I'll get." thought Baekhyun

He leaned in and picked up the white piece of paper.

The note was crumpled and the ink was slightly smudged as if tears had blurred the inked words.

Baekhyun was suddenly filled with a overwhelming sense of guilt as he read the note.

Jonghyun completely hated Key and it was entirely his fault.

He now realised that he had ruined the special bond Key had created with Jonghyun.

Baekhyun had known that Jonghyun was outside of the door when he made Key confess those horrible words. He had only wanted to protect Key, but ended up doing the most damage.

He had to fix this.

Baekhyun ran over to his Jonghyun's house.

Jonghyun wasn’t in a much better condition than Key. He was extremely worried about the golden and pink haired boy. Every day had been a constant battle of fighting his feelings for Key. The urge to go to Key’s house and see how he was almost unbearable. But then he remembered those words and his heart was returned to ice. Although his exhausted heart thawed a little each day.

Jonghyun miserably shifted on his bed he heard the doorbell ring.

He opened the door to a shoeless and slightly panting Baekhyun.

“May I come in?” Baekhyun asked as he pushed past Jonghyun.

Jonghyun was shocked. Baekhyun was the last person he expected to see at his front door.

The two sat down on black couches on opposing sides of a glass table.

Baekhyun looked around and took in the monochrome themed living room.

“Kind of dull in here don’t you think?” Baekhyun said while trying to stall.

“I didn’t pick it out the style, nor do I care really. Anyways why are you here?” Jonghyun demanded while looking down as if the white carpet was the most fascinating thing in the world.

Jonghyun was reminded of Key just by looking at Baekhyun. It was to the point where he couldn't look Baekhyun in the face.

Baekhyun didn’t know how to kindly say that he single-handedly ruined Jonghyun’s relationship with Key so he just went for it in one quick breath:

“I thought you were a horrible person and I knew you liked Key, so I didn’t want your influence to hurt and corrupt my precious and pure Key so I decided to break your relationship up before you even started. I knew you were outside of the door that day, so I tricked Key into saying those harsh words so you would end up hating him. But now Key is actually sick and sad and I’m so sorry and I hope you'll hate me instead of Key because he actually likes you too.”

Baekhyun inhaled a large oxygen deprived breath after saying all of this. He looked hesitantly up at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun with his hands covering his face.

Jonghyun was overwhelmed. He felt shocked, regretful,frustrated, and loved all at the same time.

For the entire week, he had been tortured by thoughts of both love and hate for Key only to now find out he had been suffering without a cause. He even hurt Key’s precious heart. That was the thing he regretted the most in this whole messed up situation.

He had to see Key right away. He needed to apologize and figure out facts from fables...love from hate.

When did his life become so complicated?

Jonghyun sighed as he stood up.

“Where are you going?” Baekhyun said as he was surprised at Jonghyun getting up abruptly.

Jonghyun ignored the question and simply brushed passed Baekhyun without responding through the front door of Key and Baekhyun’s house that was already left open.

Jonghyun inhaled a shaky breath and knocked on the door to Key’s bedroom before opening it.

“Key…?” Jonghyun said nervously. He looked at the bed to see a sleeping Key.

His forehead had a slight sheen of sweat upon it.

Ironically, Key actually was now sick and had a very slight fever from not caring for his health for the past week.

Jonghyun went into the bathroom to find medicine and to wet a cloth with cool water.

He sadly looked at Key’s sickly complexion.

“I’m sorry Key. If you forgive me when you wake up, I promise I will always trust, love, and protect you in the future.”

He brushed back Key’s bangs from his forehead and placed a gentle kiss on it before placing the cool cloth upon it.

Hoping that Key wouldn’t mind, he found Key’s hand and held it.

He watched as Key’s sleeping face slowly relaxed.

After about twenty minutes of looking at Key’s peaceful face, he fell asleep at the side of Key’s bed while still firmly grasping Key’s hand. For the first time in a week, both Key and Jonghyun slept peacefully with a warm and content feeling in their hearts.

 
A/N: Thank You for reading this chapter! It took some time to write this one~ Anyway I realised we are approaching the end there's like one more chapter left I think. Also, good luck to anyone who has final exams now! And please leave a comment if you want...~