Beautiful

Symptoms

 

Running footstep echoed throughout the school's hallway.

Suddenly, a disheveled looking Baekhyun burst through the classroom door.

He had woken up late that afternoon and had to run to school to try to catch his last class.

“Ahhh, Key is going to mock me for getting to school so late” Baekhyun groaned as he flung the door open.

He steadied his erratic breathing due to jogging to school and tried to stroll indifferently into the classroom five minutes before the school day ended.

Mr.Heechul, the forever indifferent teacher, awakened from his nap suddenly from the loud sound of the classroom door being opened.

“Ah how nice of you to finally show up Mr.Rebel.” Mr. Heechul mocked to the Baekhyun that had the appearance of a delinquent.

The uncaring teacher couldn't be blamed for his assumptions though. Baekhyun wore a  rock band t-shirt underneath his white dress shirt that was untucked;the blazer was lost somewhere in the mess that was Baekhyun’s room. Ripped black jeans with chains paired with black vans and thick eyeliner. His dyed dark blond hair completed the rebel look.

“Hey, hormone crazed trash, listen up-Today we have the other new student who will be joining our class; he is also Kibum’s brother. His name is Baekhyun.” Mr.Heechul told his class that was already comparing the two in shock.

Baekhyun flipped his hair out of his face as he searched for his twin. Although he looked fierce on the outside, he was nervous and wanted to rely on Key for some familiarity in the new surrounding.

Key looked up when he heard the familiar name. Baekhyun simply nodded his head to Key upon meeting Key’s smirking face.

Key knew how much he and Baekhyun depended on the each other.

The final bell for the day rang as students fled from their desks.

“Oh, I guess that’s the bell. Anyways, make sure you start working on your songs for the project!” Yelled the teacher to the fleeing students.

Jonghyun had been thinking of Key the entire class-again. When he wasn't thinking of Key’s soft pink lips,surprisingly his new favorite thing, he was trying to figure out how to ask Key how he could come over to his house to work on the project.He decide to just go for it, but Key beat him to asking first.

“So Jonghyun, do you want to come over so we can start on the songs?” Key said

Key actually wanted to work with him, and Jonghyun was ecstatic.

“Yeah let’s go!” Jonghyun tried to reply casually as his heart started to beat faster slightly.

Suddenly Baekhyun walked towards them, a fierce look on his face.

“Kibum, let’s go home already” Baekhyun commanded while approaching Key who was at the back of the classroom with Jonghyun.

At home, Baekhyun was the overly caring and dependent elder twin, but anywhere else he was the cold delinquent twin that would crush you if you looked at him wrong.

Needless to say, Jonghyun was intimidated by this fierce person that resembled his Key.

On the walk home, Key walked in the middle while Baekhyun was on his right and Jonghyun was on his left.

Jonghyun looked the other way as Baekhyun stared at him from behind Key as if he were analyzing every pore of his face.

Baekhyun didn’t like this new Jonghyun character. He noted how Jonghyun’s hand twitched as it hesitantly inched toward Key’s hand.

“Ahh so that’s how it is. This Jonghyun character likes Key.Let’s see if how his little crush withstands some difficulties. ” Thought Baekhyun while plotting how to go about his plan.

Upon arriving at Jonghyun's house, Key immediately dragged Jonghyun upstairs into his room where his sophisticated sound system was.  

Key closed his bedroom door as he walked to the his white bookcase that was as tall as him and held his gigantic collection of cds so he didn't have to face Jonghyun.

“Um Y-You can sit at the table over there while I pick out some cds” Kibum nervously told Jonghyun.

Jonghyun sat down while he pulled out his lyric notebook, also aware of the awkward and slightly intimate situation they were in.

A calm,slow song played through the speakers as Kibum walked to the table where Jonghyun sat.

“So how should we write our love song-I mean the song about love for our project, not the song about our love-not that we're in love or anything…” Jonghyun awkwardly said. He was trying to talk to distract himself from thinking again about if Kibum’s lips would taste like pink cotton candy or how much he loved Key’s friendly personality.

Key just chuckled in response. His light laughter breaking the tension.

“I get what you mean . So I had some lyrics floating around in my head since yesterday what do you think about this.

Key cleared his throat and began to sing:

“You're beautiful

Give me all of your scars,

You're beautiful

Your existence alone is beautiful”

After Key finished singing, he opened his eyes to see Jonghyun with his eyes wide open and mouth slightly agape as well.

Staring at Key directly in his gorgeous brown eyes Jonghyun continued the song with his own lyrics:

“I know that it’s awkward

Come closer to me

Whisper it in my ear

I will listen to your story”

They grew closer slowly as Jonghyun sang until their faces were only inches apart.

Key’s pink tongue snuck out to his cotton candy pink lips.

Feeling the other’s breath on their faces, Jonghyun couldn’t resist.

“Key...can I kiss you?”

Key nodded his head slightly as Jonghyun connected their lips.

Jonghyun and Key both were hesitant in their movements as their lips moved againt the other’s. Jonghyun slowly brushed the side of Key’s face as he pulled away from their kiss. It didn't taste of cotton candy, but was just as sweet.

Suddenly Baekhyun flung the door open.

“Do you know where my ripped white jeans are, I couldn’t find them in my room…”

Baekhyun trailed off his sentence as he saw the rose tint on both Jonghyun and Key’s cheeks as they looked the opposite way.

“Um good work today, I should probably get home now-I’ll see you at school tomorrow.” Jonghyun said as he almost ran out of Key’s room, avoiding both Key's eyes and Baekhyun’s suspicious glare.

 

A/N: Guess who's back, back again! Are you all sick off the fluff yet haha. I was kind of stuck writing this chapter-i don't know if it shows...Anyways did you like (or dislike) the chapter?? I'm so curious yeah~( cheesy song ref) I used lyrics from Beautiful by SHINee for the song that is being written. Anyways please ♥♥comment/suggest♥♥ if you want to! Also i'm curious to know if the chapters are too long or need more drama/action?