The Reason

Symptoms

As soon as Kibum closed the front door to his house he jumped up and down excitedly.

He was thrilled that he had actually made a friend on the first day; he was afraid that he would have to be alone again. His fraternal twin, Baekhyun, was overly protective of him. He wanted ensure that no one would be able to have a chance to hurt Key again. This meant that none of Key’s classmates had beeen able to talk to him. As a result, Key was left to spend most of his days sitting alone with only the music flowing through his headphones to keep him company; that was how he got into music,his only companion.

But now, he was already looking forward to spending time with Jonghyun,his new neighbor and potential best friend...and maybe more.

Hearing the front door open, Baekhyun walked to the entry way to find his excited twin.

"Did you have a good day today? Was everyone nice to you? Is there anyone I have to beat up already?" Baekhyun questioned worriedly while sniffling.

He was home due becoming sick immediately after he and Key moved. He would have been able to accompany Key to their shared classes if he hadn’t become sick.

Key laughed while looking at the sick Baekhyun covered in a baby blue blanket from head to toe who looked the exact opposite of menacing.

"No it was the exact opposite actually. I made two new friends and one even lives next door.” Kibum said while walking into the kitchen to find an after school snack.

“Okay well...that’s good. But make sure you don’t trust him easily just because he is the first person you befriended.” Baekhyun advised while Key walked out of the kitchen with a bowl of grapes.

“Yeah, yeah I know the rest of the speech M O M. I’ll be cautious and alert, blah,blah,blah” Key grumbled as he walked out of the kitchen and upstairs to his room.

“ HEY, I am most definitely not your mom!” Baekhyun yelled in response.

He only wanted to protect his slightly younger twin. He had been bullied so harshly at their previous school. Other students had taken advantage of Key’s friendly personality in order to steal Key’s skills for their own music projects.When Key tried to defend his music, they turned against him.

His so called friends had made the entire school turn against him. Key was shoved against lockers, tripped in the hallway, and even had his personal belongings stolen. All of these little things had added up, especially because Key hadn’t told anyone, he simply hid it all behind his gentle smile.

Once Baekhyun figured out what was happening to Key, the person who he was closest to in the world, he had to protect him even more. Being the leader of a delinquent gang, he and his gang simply fought the other students enough to scare them badly. Baekhyun’s attempt to help actually got them both indefinitely suspended from their school. Their uncaring parents simply used their great amount of wealth to transfer them to SM High school-no questions or opinions asked.

Key and Baekhyun only had each other for their real family,and Baekhyun would protect the gentle Key.

Key popped two grapes into his mouth as he walked into his room, a place of refuge.

The pale green walls combined with the soft white furniture to create the calming atmosphere that Kibum needed on the days he wanted to be alone. He happily reflected on his first day at school while flopping onto his cozy king sized white bed. Key thought of how those days of wanting to be alone might possibly be reduced due to the already great first day he had with Jonghyun. While he slowly drifted towards a relaxing afternoon nap, his last thoughts were of Jonghyun’s kind smile before he drifted into a peaceful slumber.

 

 

Author's Note: Lovely readers~, I have once again tried. I realised that I really only have time to update on the weekends sadly. But, did you like this chapter? I know it's lacking drama and stuff...Oh and Baekhyun and Key are fraternal twins-shocking right? In my head they seemed to have a similar face...i dont know. Anyways, p l e a s e comment~! : )