In Your Eyes

Symptoms

“In order to write good song lyrics, it is often best to write from strong emotions such as love…” the teacher Mr.Heechul blandly said as the rain fell strongly outside.

Jonghyun faintly heard this as he scribbled a response to Minho’s passed note.

According to Choi Minho, it seemed as if there would be two new transfer students soon.

This was extremely rare.

The academy Jonghyun attended wasn’t any ordinary academy,it was the SM Academy. The place where students who had the potential to be the best musicians or artist went to become the best in the industry. This meant that the new students were either extremely talented or extremely rich.

Either way, this would be entertaining for Jonghyun. He was one of the best songwriters and vocalist there. “The new competition will be fun for me to destroy.” he thought cockily.

“CRASH”

A suddenly loud crash of lightning occurred outside. The class was shocked back to life from their previously sleeping state. Even the teacher was taken aback from his boring lesson.

Perhaps the violent crash of thunder was to warn Jonghyun of the way Key would violently affect his life because the next second,the classroom door slammed open.

Jonghyun’s attention was locked onto the soaking wet figure at the front of the classroom.

The room seemed to glow around the student. His blond hair with sporadic pink highlights brightened his already glowing pale face. His build was more towards the slender side, but definitely muscular. The almost see-through white dress shirt under the wet navy blazer hinted at defined abs. His brilliant brown eyes were the most amazing thing Jonghyun had ever seen. They reminded him of delicious hot chocolate on a cold winter day, comforting and warm. As if this wasn’t enough to capture Jonghyun’s full attention, a timid, but kind smile with bright white teeth formed on his face to complete the ethereal aura the boy had somehow unconsciously created.

Jonghyun’s mouth was wide open at this point. He had never seen someone so, well, breath taking before. He was entralled. He wanted to know him better-no...he realised that he had to.

The teacher clapped his hands in that annoying, overly loud way that teachers do.

“Okay class, we should have two new students today, but the other new student is unfortunately sick today. They were both at the top of their classes, but had to switch mid-semester due to reasons you all don’t need to know... *cough* Umm...Please introduce yourself to the class.”

Jonghyun saw the students eyes widen slightly and his smile fall as if he thought he wouldn't have to introduce himself today. “ahhhh so adorable” Jonghyun thought “like a confused little kitten!...Did I just compare him to a kitten…?”

The new student started to speak “O-oh um… I’m Kim Kibum, but I prefer to be called Key...nice to meet you all…”

Key's voice was somewhat deep, but had a soft melodic feel to it.

Key said all of this while looking down along with an awkward sweep of his pink and blonde hair to the side with his hand. Another adorable heart squeezing smile was given along with brief eye contact with each of his new classmates. This made Jonghyun almost get up from his seat hug him for being excessively adorable.

Jonghyun had never been known to give out hugs...ever, so wanting to hug Key at that moment was an extremely strange thing for Jonghyun to experience.

"So adorable! How can he be so enthralling when I've only met him seconds ago!" Jonghyun thought.

“Okay thanks for that oh so wondrous introduction. Please take a seat in the back next to Kim Jonghyun back there. “Hey, Mr.i-don't-know-how-to-close-my-mouth back there, wave your hand so Kibum can find his seat!”

Jonghyun automatically closed his mouth and lowered his eyebrows.

Key snickered while Jonghyun died of embarrassment internally.

Mr. Heechul continued with his lesson then not caring enough to ridicule Jonghyun at that moment.

“For your mid-semester project, you will be making two songs from scratch-”

the class groaned in response

“Hey shut up you plebeians! Anyways, The topic will be *drum roll*  L-O-V-E , love~~! This can be interpreted anyway, but you must work with the person sitting next to you for this project.”

With this, the bell for the end of class rang. As the students stood up around them, Jonghyun and Key remained seated.

Their gazes were locked. Kibum’s in curiosity and Jonghyun’s in amazement. The sounds and area around them dulled and faded into the background; as if the other's eyes were the only thing tethering them down from floating away together.

The perfect opportunity had appeared for Jonghyun to get to know Kibum-the mysterious,gorgeous,kitten-like and possibly very talented new student. To say Jonghyun was excited would be an understatement of the century.

 

 

Author's note: ...I know...its not angsty yet-dont hate me. But dont worry its coming. I thought it would be easier to have them fall in love/like first before the real drama happens lol. Its kind of boring and extremely cheesy...sorry... but i tried! Also, who is this other mystery student hmmm??

Another side note" im trying to incorporate SHINee or kpop songs a lot in to this story-they relate to the story kind of...the title for example...anyways

: ) Comments and critque are very welcome!