Friend Fiction?

The other side of the wall

"Did you order a book?", Yifan says waving an Amazon pack at Luhan.

"Yes, thank you!", he says taking it away from the managers hands."Whats with the face? My face is deformed not my brain. I can read you know?", Yifan knows.

Yifan doesnt say it, he is a little scare. See, Luhan had been saying that he became friends with the neighbor, Yifan has never seing the neighbor, has never heard the neighbor. Yifan is starting to think that Luhan has finally lost his mind and is talking alone. Also, since Luhan is talking with the "neighbor", he is in a better mood: eating his meals, taking his medicines, doesnt drink as much, when Yifan comes to see him he is not on the floor pass out drunk, he doesnt burst in tears out of nowhere anymore....Yifan has conflicted feelings about this situation. He fears that if he points out to Luhan that the neighbor might not exist his friend will go completly crazy.

________

Theres a knock on the door, Kyungsoo checks the camera, theres a tall man outside. What? This is not the time for Joonmyeon to come. Maybe he sent someone? This guy?...

"What do you want?", he speaks through the intercom because, yes, he has an intercom and a camera at his door inside the building where he knows that the only person who "visits" him is Joonmyeon.

"Uhm, hello , my name Wu Yifan...uhm...you can call me Kris. I work for mister Lu", Yifan is scare because the neighbor sounded angry.

"Who?"

"Your neighbor sir"

"Oh Han!", ok so he knows him, Yifan sighs in relief. "What do you need young man?", yes what does he want?

"Uhm...nothing I just came to introduce myself, we havent had time, I just wanted to let you know that if you need anything you can count on us", Kyungsoo can see the guy pulling a name card. "I would like to give you my name card, it has my contact information and...."

"Thank you, you can slip it through the mail box", yes he has a mail box in the door of his apartment...thats inside a building. Yifan is use to excentric people and to not question the crazy, so he just slips in his card.

He leaves with a peaceful heart: the neighbor is real, thank you God.

_______

The mains character name is Jisung, his life , Luhan concludes. So Jisungs life goes like this: he is a loser that got divorsed and then got accused of a crime he didnt comite, his kids hate him and nobody believes him, Luhan wonders how much he could take. The novel is very good, however, Luhan imagines Kyungsoo as a very kind and gentle looking person, how can someone with that voice have these ideas. The way in which everything is written is so dark, the profound pain and misery of that man is almost palpable. Luhan is hooked with this book, its brilliant. He will tell this to Kyungsoo tonight.

________

"Whats this?", Joonmyeon asks.

"Its a manuscript, obviously", they dont need this he can just send an email and an attached file, but no, he would rather print. "I managed to finish chapter three. Wasnt this what you wanted?", he is not even looking at Joonmyeon.

Yes it is what he wanted, what the company wanted, they all want Kyungsoo not going totally crazy, thats what they want. 

Now the point is that Kyungsoo has changed a lot, well as much as someone like him can, since he became friends with the neighbor. Joonmyeon doesnt know the details nor how they communicate, maybe they exchanged emails? But Kyungsoo talks about, well maybe he mentioned him twice, Mister Han. Joonmyeon doesnt know and it kind of scare him? Cause Kyungsoo is...not well and he might be taken advantage of, like who is this Han person.

So the next morning when he takes the elevator to Kyungsoos apartment he sees the man thats on the elevator with him press the same button, he has to speak.

"Oh! Are you mister Han?", he asks with a smile.

"Are you Do Kyungsoo the writer?", the other man asks surprised.

"No, my name is Kim Joonmyeon", he extends his hand. "Im Mister Dos assitent", well he is also that.

"Oh nice to meet you. Im Wu Yifan, Im Mister Hans caretaker", yes these days he is also that. The word surprises Joonmyeon.

"I see, is he ok?"

"Yes he is", Yifan sighs. "Look, Han, he is recovering from an accident, he needs care, privacy", love, hope, health. "Please send my regards to your boss because since they became friends Hans spirit has lift off"

"Im glad to hear that. Mister Do, is not ill like that, but he also...uhm...he is special and talking to Mister Han has done wonders for him, this month is difficult for him", they both smile and exit the elevator. There are two small chairs by a huge window in the lobby to the two apartments, they stand there to exchange information.

"If you dont mind me asking...Has Mister Do come to Hans apartment?"

"I was gonna ask you the same since is...unlikely that my boss goes out of his place..."

"Really? Well in his condition Han cant really move that much", they wonder.

"How is it possible for them to talk?", Yifan shakes his head.