Inside the walls

The other side of the wall

Kyungsoo looks at the calendar and at the fridge. He knows why his ex, Kim Jongin, is calling. He doesnt know why he insists after all these years...

These days make him nervous, he feels like theres a volcano inside, a volcano that he has keep down, keep from bursting. Its a big effort and is taking all of his focus, thats why he cant write right now. There are things on his mind. He makes a note to call his therapist and arrage a Skype session. Yes, because contrary to what everybody believes, he is aware of his mental issues ok? 

____

"Do you mind if I ask you something?", the writer speaks to the night.

"No go ahead", Luhan encourages from his own window.

"Why did you need to have a surgery?", Luhan takes a deep breath.

"Well...I had an accident in my country...It was bad. It still is", Kyungsoo bites his lip.

The conversations had been happening more often, he listens to Luhan and Luhan hears him sing. They talk about nothings and small things about themselves. 

To be honest the last new person that Kyungsoo had met was Joonmyeon, so this is refreshing, also the fact that Han is not getting payed to deal with him is refreshing.

For Luhan the best thing is that Kyungsoo doesnt know him, doenst know Luhan the star, doesnt know Luhan the deformed one, the poor guy whos boyfriend had been killed in an accident, who almost died in an accident, who has no longer a career. To Kyungsoo, Luhan is just a neighbour that came from China, some regular chinese dude. And Luhan needs to be some regular chinese dude desperately.

_______

Joonmyeons day is very peacefull, he can plan everything, he only "handles" Kyungsoo and he is not active for a long time, he doesnt miss dead lines, he is perfect. 

The editor just books virtual or phone interviews, every time they are less, because Kyungsoo doesnt like to be questioned about his life style, his past or whatever. He has won a lot of awards and never had gone to retrieve them. Social networks had been a blessing as every now and then he teases his fans with his next work and sometimes even writes them. It has taken the publishing house some time to convince him of using it, he had say that they should use it, he wasnt interested. 

Joonmyeon checks, searches, for Kyungsoos name in the media and reads what people say about him. Sometimes is painfull to watch how people just cathegorizes him as an excentric and just that. Joonmyeon knows that whats behind Kyungsoo is a heavy and painful history and he knows, even if Kyungsoo hadnt say so, that the writer wouldnt chose to live like this if he had been asked to. 

The reason why Joonmyeon became the only one who could "handle" Kyungsoo is because they had gone to the same school, theyve met a long time ago, they havent been friends but they knew eachother. When Joonmyeon had seen Kyungsoo for the first time after all of those years the pain of the change punched him straight into the heart. The person that he met, even if he had been a child, was a person, a human, yes, with hopes and dreams and laughter and expectations. But let alone that, the adult Kyungsoo was barely a human being. He is younger than Joonmyeon, but looks several years older, and the hope and the expectation and the laughter hadnt been there anymore, are not here anymore.

If you read Kyungsoos books youll see a parade of strange and creepy characters, with sweet backgrounds and good hearts. His work is the perfect fuel to his life style, the two paired feed the peoples imagination and helps them paint him as a strange and misterious character. Sometimes Joonmyeon would like to ask about all of the people that lives in his mind, but he fears that Kyungsoo will be offended and close himself even more, it wouldnt be good for the business....also, not that he cares, but it would be bad for Kyungsoo as well. 

Sometimes Joonmyeon feels responsible for Kyungsoo, feels like he has to take care of him, thats not a good thing for him.