New sounds

The other side of the wall

Kyungsoo is in one of his famous writting moments, at night, late. He likes it this way because there are no noices from cars or the elevator, is quiet and he likes it, he can focus.

Is near four am when he thinks he hears something. Five minutes later he knows he just heard a thump on the wall. Its weird because theres nobody on the aparment next to his, or is it? Then theres the sound again and, ok, he is freaking out now. The silence was so deep that he can even hear the other persons steps, or is that the drag of their feet? Now, Kyungsoo is a grown up man with an education and he wont believe in gohsts but this is very much defying his intellectuality. No, he has to focus. So he grabs his headphones and goes back to work.

Its three thirty in the morning when Luhan finally decides its time to get off of bed. His stomach hurts, well he has been drinking all day so...he drags himself to the bathroom, washes his face and wets his hair again. He pukes out his guts, again and so he starts sweating again.

The alcohol is sitll thick on his system, he cant even walk in a straight line, so he bumps against the walls of his hall and goes to the kitchen. If he is lucky Yifan wouldve leave some food, like he use to do in China. He did, theres a note. "Please eat it before wednesday". His manager is a good and efficent guy but Luhan cant stand to be treated like child anymore, actually Luhan cant really stand anything anymore. Not after the accident.

As soon as the morning comes and after having his coffee Kyungsoo calls his editor. "Did you know that someone moved to the apartment that was empty?"

"Really?"

"I dont know, Im asking you"

Joonmyeon rolls his eyes at the tone. Do Kyungsoo is the star and darling of his publishing house and his boss made him in charge of him, he had been for the last six month. Is not been a ride in the park, the writer is pretty much an excentric, aparently he is the only one who gets him. He likes the opportunity to work with someone like him but he doesnt enjoy babysitting.

Yifan thinks Seoul hasnt change that much. He knows this area, he lived here with Luhan and Minseok during their college years, he doesnt know if it was good idea to bring him here. It doesnt matter, it was the place that he trusts the most and he is almost completly sure that nobody will found them here, after all is far enough from all the fuss.

The condensated air hits him hard as he enters the light less apartment where Luhans suppose to be. He kicks beer cans on his way in, theres also a strong smell of tobacco, so he is been smoking again. He sighs and thanks all the gods that Luhan doesnt dare to look for a dealer and that he wont go out in search drugs or pain killers that could serve for the purpose.

Luhans voice comes from somewhere on the floor. Yifan goes to open the curtain so that he can see where the hell his friend is and to move him. Well, as long as he speaks he is alive right?

"What was it this time?", he asks.

"Min...", he is almost completly drunk.

"Come on you are gonna start puking and choke on your own vomit. Sit a little", he pulls him from the floor like a rag doll. The motion leaves them inches away.

"Do you like it Yifanie?", he asks sarcastic, he pulls his hoodie. "Look, look at it! Am I not the Prince of ing China?!", he laughs darkly.

"You look just fine, come on, up, up", he sits him on the couch. "Did you eat what I left for you?"

"Yes mom"

"When are you gonna take a bath?"

"Corps stink anyway"

"Dont talk Luhan"

"Has Minseok call you?", Luhan mind is... "Oh, Minseok...",he tells himself and Yifan knows whats comming. "Minseok, Yifan he...", Luhan tells him as if he didnt already know. And then it comes again.Luhan stumbles from the couch just to start throwing things away, everything on his path, a rage thats scary to watch, even if Yifan understands why.

He lets him, he watches as Luhan wrecks the house. Its only been three days and how many times its been? Just as Luhan is about to fall down again and hit himself again Yifan is there to catch him. And Luhan breaks, more, even more until his body is drapped all over Yifan, shaking, crying and choking on his own tears. He asks why over and over again, Yifan doesnt know what to say, so he just reminds him that its gonna be ok, that he is ok now, that its gonna be fine. But he doesnt know and he wonders what would be his own reaction.

After who knows how much, Yifan can feel Luhan calming or falling asleep so he carries him and takes him to his room. The singer starts to mumble something all the way to his bed. When he finally puts him down Luhan clearly sais: "Take me with you", and he is not saying it to Yifan. The manager takes the blanket and looks at the picture Luhan has by his pillow side, him and Minseok of course. Yifan stares at Minseok image and prays: "Please dont take him with you".