New friend

The other side of the wall

Luhan can feel his skin burning, it doesnt hurt, but is gross and a constant reminder of what happend, what is happening. This is, and mybe will always be, a chronic issue for him and he is having a hard time adjusting to all the care that his body needs...but he is having a hard time adjusting to everything is happening to him. 

He has sent Yifan to the hotel because "this isnt your damn house"  and because he wants to be alone. Is not that he hates Yifan, no, but Yifan there is like always thinking "get better Luhan, get better", and Luhan cant deal with the pressure. He also wants to get better or something, its pretty impossible, but he just would like to stop suffering and going crazy from time to time. Yes, he has a bad attitude, sometimes he does think about killing himself because whats the point, but is not as often. Even if he acts angry, he can feel the sadness and the anger fadding a little bit, he thinks that its due to this place, to being alone, to alowing himself to process things on his own time.

Also, a little secret, he knows that Yifan is over there not only expecting him to "get better", Luhan knows that Yifan is there "expecting" something else, one thing that Luhan could never give him. He talked about this with Minseok the other day (yes they have conversations), he had always had this feeling about Yifan and Luhan has confirmed it these days...its ridiculous, they dont have time for this and Luhans last already died.

Luhan sighs...its the in the morning again and he is not sleeping. This is also why he made Yifan go home, because he likes night ok?, he is use to live at night but his manager insists that he has to sleep early, wake up at a decent time and make four to six meals a day, all of them involving plants. Luhan is not like that, he already has enough limitations with the state in which his body is to add more in his life. Thats why he is here with a beer bottle and smoking, listening at some music on his phone... 

In the back, or in the front he is not sure, he hears a voice coming through the headphones. Its the neighbour again, Luhan drags his to the window and opens it up. He listens clearly the voice that he is familiar with, soft, soulfull, sweet and powerfull at the same time. Luhan stays there at the window, when the guy stops singing he cant help but clap.

"Whos there?", a nervous voice comes.

"You were great", Luhan hurries to say.

"Are you in the apartment by mine?", yes he is not flying, wtf.The voice sounds scare.

"Yes...Im renting it...Can I know your name?"

"Why do you wanna know that?"

"Well..uhm...my name is Han I came from China to recover from a surgery..thats why I rented this place"

"China? You speak very good korean...Im Do Kyungsoo, noted author", who introduces himself like that?

"And singer?", he chuckles. "Nice to meet you"

"I sing when I cant get inspiration...Im sorry if I woke you up and bothered you on your recovery"

"Nah, dont mind me...I feel better listening to you", theres a silence, "Im a musician in my country...I have a piano here, you can come whenever you want and we can...jam together"

"Please try to use the piano on the right times, from 9 till 2pm"

"Of course!....I actually dont use it anymore", he is not sure if his hand will be able to work the keys. "But I still like music and ...your voice..."

"Ok, I dont really go out of my apartment but thank you sir. It was nice to meet you mister...uhm...Han. Have a good night", he said without giving Luhan any time to say goodbye and closed the window.

________

Joonmyeon looks how Kyungsoo carefully checks the grocery items that he brought him. Its always like this, it makes Joonmyeon feel like stupid child, he remembers his pay check at times like this, it comes in handy.

"Uhm...did you call mister Noh?", Joonmyeon is afraid.

"No, I talked to mister Han", who?

"Who?"

"The neighbour of course"

"You?...talked to...the neighbour?", he is surprised.

"Well if I was gonna wait for you or mister Noh...tsk tsk", Joonmyeon rolls his eyes and thinks that later he will have to go to the neighbour and probably apologize, he makes a note to buy a basket of something. He sighs.

"Uhm..mister Kim called again"

"What does he want this time? I told you to sign the checks...I dont need to know anything"

"He insists that theres something personal to discuss with you, he wouldnt tell me. Here have this", he passes a piece of paper with an email adress.

"I already have this"

"I will put it here", Joomyeon puts a magnet in the fridge to hold the paper there. "Maybe he will stop calling if you send an email, after all you dont have to see him nor listen to him this way". 

"Everything is correct. Thank you hyung. You should go home", Joonmyeon rolls his eyes and leaves.