Alive

The other side of the wall

"Yes I know...Look, theres a reason why you live there. Its a very private place, is not like they are gonna give me the data"

"How come? Havent I been paying my rent? Its millions, you know? I have the right to my privacy too", he doesnt pay rent, he bought the place. Joonmyeon feels is disrespectfull to remind him this.

"You bought the place knowing that you could, at one point or another, have a neighbour. You couldnt pay an entire floor at the time and you dont want to move from there", Joonmyeon sounds tired. He sighs.

"Well...nevermind! I see I will have to put things in motion by myself. You, nor mister Noh, were here last night to hear the punching and screaming. The person is a danger, Im in danger and nobody seems to give a about it!", he hangs up. Joonmyeon sighs again.

The story is not funny. After Kyungsoo got divorsed his career was taking off, he had money and no kids. He saw this apartment and bought it because it was far away in a neighbourhood of old people who didnt cause any rukus. At the time he wanted peace, he needed peace. He found something else, he seems fine with it but people wouldnt agree. The divorce happend four years ago, its been four years since he doesnt go out of the apartment.

_____

Theres a knot on Yifans stomach. There are many reasons, but the main one is Luhan. 

He had to go in China, hiding like a criminal and he had to go out the same way. Avoiding fans and paparazzi and just crazy bastards in general. He had to go the insane distance between Incheon and Seoul also hidding, all the while calling Luhan to not get an answer. He is already imagining the worst: Luhan in a pool of vomit or blood, dead. He tries to imagine what is he gonna tell Luhans family, he already has a press statement, yeah is dark but he doesnt want to think of anything else if he has to be doing the paper work to make Luhans body travel back to China. He sighs....what the hell is he thinking?

Luhan is alive and watching tv on the living room.

"Where is your phone?"

"Uh?"

"Ive been calling you..."

"You know I dont use it...", he answers nonchalantly.

"Your mother wants to talk with you", he sounds angry as he takes his jacket off and goes to the kitchen to do the dishes.

"Tell her Im fine. She just wants to talk about one thing...Im not going back", he sounds angry too. Yifan rolls his eyes. "Do you know who lives in the other apartment?"

"No, why? Have they try to contact you?....Have they complained?", Yifan was fearing this.

"No mom, they havent complaint. See? This is why I dont need to call my mother, Ive got you Yifanie".

Yifanie is a nickname that Minseok used to use to call Yifan and that Luhan uses to tease Yifan. The manager takes a moment to breath and turns from kitchen sink to watch Luhan, to watch his back. Like always, to watch from a distance.

Luhan will never know some things about Yifan. Yifan doesnt have the courage to tell him, he didnt have it before, he doesnt have it now, he wont have it any time soon. So he watches and silently thanks the universe that Luhan made it out of that van alive, made out of that hospital alive, that Luhan is here in the same room as him, that he gets to watch him from a distance....still.

The manager puts the star to sleep after he successfully gives him his medicines, its been a peacefull day. Yifan takes a shower and cries under the water...

Yifan has lost just as much as Luhan, but usually nobody cares about that fact. Of course, Luhan wont ask if he misses Minseok too, or that other wonderfull life. Luhan never asked him if he was ok, if he was hurt...he was hurt, he still is, but who cares.

He dries his hair and his body, goes to check on Luhan. Is not only check...he goes closer, as close as he can, he feels like a lunatic, but its what he needs to do...he needs to feel Luhans breath, he needs to see if he is still alive.

Thats another thing that Luhan wont ever know: Yifan needs him to be alive.