Long way

The other side of the wall

Luhan raises his head from the bathroom sink, theres no mirror, he remembers now that he has broke it to pieces, that ing . Yifan went back to China for something that he doesnt give a about, he is finally alone with out the chains of his "guardian". Is not that he hates the man, is just that his manager doesnt seem to want to let him mourn...its a basic human need...to say goodbye to the ones that left. Is not what Luhan wants either, but he thinks that he needs time alone.

Its late in the night and he hears the noises again, in the other apartment. The voice, the man is singing, he perks up and stumbles out of the bathroom, to the hall and sits there with his legs crossed like a little kid, a little crazy and deformed kid, just looking at a wall.

He met Minseok when he was in college, both of them were. He was living his dream of coming to Korea, he was studying something that his parents wouldnt support, Music, it had always been his passion...When he met the other guy the first thing that drawned him in was his kindness, he seemed to be one of those rich kids that had been taught in british academies or something. He smiles at the memory of Minseoks such a formal greeting. The voice on the other side of the wall, is almost as full of emotions as his heart.

As expected, Minseok was a great student. Luhan didnt know what to think about it because he thinks some chaos is good to create art, but whatever. Some months later he found Minseok to be as sweet as sugar, like the perfect amount of sugar in his coffee, like that sweet taste that keeps the bitterness under control. The tears are falling again, he doesnt care, he needs to cry. He needs to remember, memories are all he has, he has to remember Minseok in order to remember himself, Yifan doesnt seem to notice this....but then again he has always been so cold and calculating. Luhan sighs and puts his back against the wall.

He remembers Minseoks singing voice, so smooth, so educated...he remembers the million times he told him they should do a duet, outright like that. He had laugh it off and said that Chen was already the best singer of all China, why ruin it? Luhan shakes his head at the memory. That was another thing about Minseok, his generosity, he misses that the most, the way Minseok was always there, without a question and always with a smile and a gentle touch. All he has now are Yifans hard shoves everytime that he tries to wake him up..."I miss you", he says in his heart, in his mind...He breathes in a sob that makes him shiver. He tries to replace that thought with a happy memory, some image to match with new found strength in the voice of the other side of the wall.

Now Minseok is all giggles under the covers, he remembers that sunday morning, Luhan had woke him up with a "Marry me, this is getting ridiculously long", Minseok had laughed it off, again, but had said "Yes, Ill marry you". It was one of the best mornings in Luhans life, he knows it. He actually wrote a song about it, it was an instant hit and people were playing it on wedding all across the country. "You are a star", Luhan had said to Minseok when Yifan came with the news of best selling single of that year.

It doesnt matter how happy the memory is, the tears will fall anyway. He finally gives up to the sweet voice and cries again like a baby, curl in a ball against the wall. He curses and punches the wall, he cries harder. He feels the anger make its way to his soul, he stands up searching for something to break. "Why!!? Why did you have to do this?! ing bastard!! I hate you, I hate you!!! Come back!! Come back here now!!! Take me with you now!!! Come on!!!! Come on!!!", his voice goes hoars from screaming and his heart, his poor heart, beats to the rithym of a hundred horses. He falls to the ground because his legs cant do this anymore, any muscle on his body can do this anymore...he falls hard on the floor again shaking and crying, hopeless, loveless, he wishes he also was lifeless but people cant always get what they want.

_______

What the hell is up with his new neighbour, he can hear the mess, first he thought he was punching the wall to make him shut up, but the other noises made him realise that the problem wasnt with him, at least not completly...Anyway, maybe out of reflex, he goes to lock the door. He had been so right, even if people calls him crazy, he is right. Whats so good about going out of his house? Outside there are all kind of crazy s, like this person by his house, what the hell. There are also serial killers and just ignorant s everywhere. Tomorrow he will call Joonmyeon again, he already told him to do some research about the person on the other aparment. Joonmyeon seems like an too.