Wars – Part 2

Lavender Marriage

Suzy and Tao had been arguing for a good half an hour, and they still weren't near to an agreement. Kunpimook and Sehun mostly listened though, and they both thought their fiancés had a really good point. 

"We've been engaged for three years," Zitao added. "You're a new couple, we don't even know if you'll make it to the wedding. So don't you think we deserve to have a nice place to marry?" 

Suzy's jaw dropped. She would have attacked the man a while ago if they hadn't been in a public place.

"Listen here boy," she began. "You don't know me, you don't know my life. If there's a couple here that's not gonna split up, I guarantee it's gonna be us."

"Yeah, of course, since you don't really get to split up…," Sehun muttered before taking a sip of his champagne.

Kunpimook sensed he was touching a sensible point. (A:N: Does that expression exist in english?)

"What do you mean?" Suzy asked with a frozen smile.

"You know what he means," Tao replied with an insolent expression.

The woman looked down and felt she was discovered. Strangely, it was kind of a big deal for Suzy. She felt like she had failed to save the looks, to make everyone believe she had a perfect little life, like everyone wanted. Kunpimook wasn't too surprised, as the couple had already shown they didn't believe they were real before. But he wondered why Suzy looked so destroyed after that remark. Why did she care? 

"Um…" Kunpimook said, seeing that Suzy wasn't answering. "Suzy, why don't you—"

"You know what?" Suzy cut him off sharply. "I'm not gonna lie here. Do you think you deserve the beach just because you, you're a real couple?"

"Obviously," replied Zitao.

Suzy drank her whole wine glass in one shot and glared at him.

"So you get to marry whoever you want, and to have a nice wedding? What do I get? A fake husband and a crappy wedding, with a family I hate and friends I hate? Do you think that's fair?" she asked the couple with a cracked voice.

Sehun looked at his fiancé with a critical gaze. The latter didn't look impressed at all, though.

"I'm sorry that you have parents, but you can't blame us for that. Our marriage is real, and I say we deserve a real wedding. Don't you think it's unfair to take that away from us just because you want to live in your little bubble? You can't ignore that your relationship is fake and—"

"Your marriage isn't real," Suzy said loudly. 

Some people in the restaurant turned to them with astonished looks on their faces, but neither Suzy nor Zitao cared. 

"Suzy, you should calm down…," Kunpimook commented, feeling that she was about to go there.

Sehun looked at her suspiciously and he felt the same. 

"What did you say?" Zitao asked with a frown.

"You know what I said," Suzy echoed to what he had told her before. 

The atmosphere became really heated and Sehun, although he was offended, tried to cool it down a bit.

"I'm sure Suzy didn't mean to be homophobic," he said calmly.

"Homophobic? Me? I'm in a lavender marriage, remember?" she answered lightly. "I'm just saying the truth. You can't really get married. So that's all just a ceremony for nothing."

Zitao was boiling inside. She really went there. Even Kunpimook was kind of shocked she dared to say that, it really wasn't like her to hurt people like that. But he knew that ever since they started planning their wedding, Suzy had been acting strangely. 

"You know as much as I do that a piece of paper means nothing," Zitao answered, trying hard not to yell. "Love is what makes a marriage. And you don't have that in yours."

"Well, it would be a shame to let you have a party on that beach when me and my fiancé need to get married for real, though," Suzy answered with a smile.

"Oh my, alright that's enough," Kunpimook intervened suddenly. "What's happening with you Suzy? She's not usually like that, I'm really sor—"

"This is a serious problem," Suzy. "Why should I keep quiet? You guys can marry wherever else you want, I don't give a damn. But this beach is mine. Go to a church like everybody else. Why do you want the beach anyway?"

Sehun and Zitao looked at each other and Kunpimook felt there was a very clear reason. Zitao's rage faded into simple sadness, and he sighed, looking down.

"No church will have us married," he explained calmly. "What do you think this is? America? We needed a nice place and that was really… Really perfect. We can't do it in a church, so where else can we go?"

The other couple felt bad for them, especially Suzy who suddenly felt guilt. She should have thought about that, of course. But she was too busy trying to prove their marriage was even less valid than hers, so she could make herself believe things weren't so bad for her after all. Kunpimook looked down, processing everything that had happened at that dinner. There had been a lot more drama than he'd expected, and he didn't know how to feel about that. It was already hard enough to be forced into marriage, but making things so complicated was too much for him. Sehun rubbed Tao's back in an attempt to reassure him, because he saw how destroyed he looked now. That problem had always been there from when he proposed to present day, but Sehun tried his best to make it as discreet as possible. The last thing he needed was his fiancé feeling even less normal, as if their relationship wasn't worth a regular ceremony. He wished Zitao didn't care so much about what they were thinking of them, but he did, and every time he was reminded of how much people hated his couple, it felt like he was punched in the face. 

Everyone at the table was quiet now. Kunpimook thought that the silence wasn't helping them arrange this whole fuss. So he decided to speak up.

"I think we all said things we didn't mean tonight," he began calmly. "Obviously, we're all a bit… stressed about our respective weddings. So we shouldn't blame each other for what happened. It was very hard for everyone."


Sehun looked at him and nodded his head softly.

"You're right, little boy. I'm sorry for the fake marriage comment…," he apologized shyly.

"And I'm sorry for saying your marriage isn't real," Suzy added suddenly. "I got carried away."

Zitao didn't speak quite yet, but he looked in Suzy's eye.

"You got carried away a lot," he commented eventually. 

Kunpimook and Sehun held their breath. They didn't need another argument right now.

"But it's alright, I forgive you. And I'm sorry for being a jerk," he concluded.

"Oh thank God," Kunpimook let out. 

After that emotional reconciliation, the two couple still needed to find an arrangement. And this time, they became very cooperative. They were all tired of fighting and they realized, there was no point in starting yet another war, when their wedding was already either frowned upon or a real pain in the . 

* * *

A.N: I haven't updated this in so long, so here are two chapters for you! I'm sorry for making you wait for Jackbam, don't worry it's coming, I just need to set up some stuff before. Expect some soon!~