The Beach

Lavender Marriage

Even though Fei and Jackson worked together, they didn't constantly know with which clients and where the other was. Sometimes, it was unpractical.

On that day, the couple was going to visit the place where their wedding was going to be celebrated. Again, they woke up early and Suzy, again, didn't go to university. She studied law — pretty cliché, but she enjoyed it. It was a distraction from the mess that was her life, too. No one knew about her private life there and she didn't have to talk about it or hear how people were sorry for her. 

Kunpimook never had any idea of what he wanted to be. Oh, when he was a kid, he did think he'd be an astronaut and some other things kids want to be when they grow up. But when he had to choose something to study, the kid shut up. It didn't matter though, because his parents were rich and rich kids always find something. That's why he took political science, which was fun but totally useless.

The place was pretty far away from their home, because Suzy wanted a beach. She and Kunpimook were on the road, in their hot, hot car, under the sunshine. It felt like they were getting away from the grey cold city they lived in. Kunpimook saw only verdant trees through the open window and the feeling of the wind on his face was refreshing. It didn't smell like cigarettes and gasoline, like the one coming from their loft's window. Meanwhile, Suzy, who was driving as always, caught herself looking forward to visit that beach. If we're doing this, we're doing the way we want to. She tried to think of the wedding as just another rich people's recpetion — she was familiar with those. 

The little Suzy had always liked celebrations. When her parents went to a wedding or to a gala evening, she was always excited and had fun. Even if she didn't ever play with the other children that much, Suzy felt happy just wandering around, seeing all those people nicely dressed and discussing and laughing, waiting for the day she's be one of them. Everything was shiny and golden, and it was just what she liked. That's why her wedding had to be perfect; it had to be a rich people's celebration that she loves and that the kid she was loved. 

"Will we ever arrive?" asked Kunpimook out of the blue.

He didn't like being silent around Suzy, because it meant something was wrong. 

"Ah, don't worry," responded the driver with a smile, "we're almost there."

 

"Really? Because I am starting to get hungry."

"There's no food there honey."

At the same time, our other couple was also driving in a hot, hot car, on a sunny day, on an endless road. The car was much more noisy though, because nothing was wrong. And Tao loved to complain to Sehun.

"How could you say that?" asked Tao, outraged. 

"I'll buy you something baby, just be patient. It won't last too long I think," reassured Sehun.

A lot of people had the same assumption about the couple when they saw them. They thought that they didn't know each other for long enough to get married, to which Zitao often answered that there was no point in procrastinating. In reality, the knew each other fo much longer than you would think. He just liked teasing. Actually, their families were always pretty close because their moms were best friends. It was the perfect situation for them as teenager; sleepovers were not suspicious to their parents. When the couple announced they are together, it was a surprise for nobody though, and it was a joyful day. As a same- couple, they would have expected some more difficulties, but their families certainly weren't one. 

"I think we're there!" finally announced Sehun.

The air was filled with the sea's smell and it felt richer, every breath they took. Zitao hated it. "It smells like fish! We'll need to have get some air-freshener or someting," he said.

 

Kunpimook and Suzy arrived on their wedding place too, and the light of the day was already sifted and soft. Suzy loved it, because it was the first sign of evening. She felt comfortable. Her fiancé seemed a bit less enthousiast though — unlike her, he never liked golden evenings with rich guests and expensive drinks. Which was exactly what their wedding was going to be. But Suzy looked thrilled, as if she had forgotten for a moment why they were here, and he was glad to see her smile. 

There was a wooden plateform with a little restaurant a few meters away from the parking, just in frot of the sea. The couple had a rendez-vous there, so they went near it. Jackson suddenly appeared at its door as if he had been waiting for them. He had some papers in his arms and looked quite tired; it was the end of the day. 

"Ms Bae, Mr Bhuwakul!" he called. "I thought you'd never come, you know?"

"Um… Sorry, I kinda got lost," apologised Suzy nervously.

Kunpimook looked confused. "You did?"

"Anyway!" cut the woman. "Let's get into it!"

Jackson chuckled and motioned them to come with him. "You'll love this place. Very spaceful, I, um…"

He stopped and turned with a smile. "Know you have a big family. Lots of guests."

As Suzy sighed, the other felt obligated tosay something. "Y-Yeah, that's… great."

He wasn't sure, but it seemed Jackson was teasing them a little. Kunpimook had always found him intrigant. As they were walking on the beach, the bridal consultant showing them every wonderful things the place had to offer, Kunpimook couldn't focus on listening to him; he caught himself being absorbed by just his voice, not really knowing what he was saying. Wow. I'm lame.

 

The evening came surprisingly quickly and the stars were reflecting on the dark blue water, and the athmosphere was soft and made Sehun feel light as air. Meanwhile, Zitao clinged to him because he didn't like the night and the water could be full of horrible sea creatures for all he knew. Fei was making them visit the beach — Sehun wondered how the hell she could walk on sand with high heels — and it seemed perfect to them. Except Tao demanded there to be more lights, of course. 

"Well, I think we have seen everything there is to see, gentlemen," declared Feifei with a satisfied look on her face.

The couple looked at each other, smiling. "I think so too," confirmed Sehun. "I think this should be the place."

"Yes, me too," said a sleepy Tao. "Good thing it's in summer though…"

"Aw, you're scared of the dark," exclaimed Sehun, squeezing his fiancé because he was so cute.

Fei smiled at them, but then her smile fade away when she looked in the distance behinf them. "Excuse me," she said before rushing in that direction.

It was acually funny to look at her trying to walk in the sand with an angry serious businesswoman walk.

"Jackson?!" she called loudly.

Jackson turned around, seeing his partner dangerously approaching him and his clients. "Fei? What are you doing here?" he confusedly asked.

"What are you doing here?" repeated the woman while making her finals steps. "This is my territory."

Jackson made an outraged sound. "I have clients too!"

Kunpimook and Suzy were kind of in an awkward situation. Luckily, Jackson noticed. "Um, I'm sorry, you should go visit some more while we're solving this little issue here."

And they did. As soon as they were far enough, Suzy started laughing uncontrollably. "That was so dramatic!"

"Suzy, that's not very nice," muttered Kunpimook. 

But he had to admit that it was quite funny, so he couldn't help but to start laughing too. Apparently they were very loud because someone noticed them.

"Well, well, well," said someone who sounded very much like Sehun. "looks like you found your girlfriend after all."

Kunpimook turned back with a horrified look on his face. "Um…hi…"

"Hi. I think we met the other day," calmly saluted Suzy, still beaming.

"Briefly," replied Tao with a cheeky smile. "So what are you guys doing on our beach?"

Suzy raised an eyebrow. "Your beach?"

"Um, yeah, we're kinda getting married here," informed Zitao who was stil grabbing his boyfriend's arm.

The other couple looked at each other. "Well us too," said Suzy. "When is your wedding?"

"17th of July," said Sehun with a soft voice. "You?"

Suzy gaped widely. "That is impossible."