Double Date

Lavender Marriage

Sehun and Zitao were at their friend Chanyeol's place, as usual, ranting about the recent tragic events. 

"I'm sorry but they're not even a real couple," complained Sehun at some point.

Chanyeol gave him a disapproving look. 

"You don't know about their life," he replied. 

"If you had seen them, you wouldn't say that," added Zitao to back up his fiancé.

Sehun nodded and Chanyeol gave up. "Anyway, I know you'll get that beach. You always get what you want, don't you?" 

"I sure do!" confirmed Sehun. "Just look at my fiancé right here…"

The couple then smiled at each other and started kissing in front of the poor, lonely Chanyeol. He got up and they didn't even notice when the doorbell rang. The tall man opened it, knowing that it was Jongin who Sehun asked to come earlier. 

"Hey," he greeted.

"Hello…" replied the other boy.

Zitao suddenly appeared by them, breaking an awkward athmosphere. "Jongin! you're finally, we have SO much to complain about to you!"

The guest was then dragged to the living room and joined the couple in their wedding rant. Chanyeol stood there a little while before joining them, still feeling a bit troubled.

 

The other couple had the misfortune to have a dinner with their parents that night. The Bhuwakul and Bae families were gathered around a somptuous rich people's feast, all you could ask for. Except Suzy and Kunpimook were of course not happy at all, and above all they didn't want to cause even more problems by telling their parents that their wedding place was in danger.

During the dinner, everyone was talking just like any family would do, until Suzy's father asked about the wedding.

"So, how is it going with the wedding planning?"

The couple gave each other panicked looks. 

"Um, good, good…" shyly answered Kunpimook, looking down.

"Perfect," said his mom before sipping some wine. "Have you decided on a place yet?"

Suzy seemed upset. "Yes, we did."

Kunpimook looked at her, shocked. She could have said no, and no questions would have been asked. But Suzy had a strange behaviour these days and this issue seemed really important to her.

"Oh, good!" exclaimed the mother. "Where is that? Not too far away I hope, you know I hate—"

"The beach. An island near here. You'll love it," Suzy cut with an ambitious attitude.

Kunpimook took a sip of his wine. 

 

Jongin didn't talk much, but he never stopped listening to his best friends complain about everything and anything. He didn't ever really get tired of it, though.

"So, what should we do?" finally asked him Zitao.

The couple was sitting on the armchair, Sehun on its arm, and Jongin was on the couch with Chanyeol. He sit up straight and answered in a quiet voice:

"Why not… have a discussion with them in private?"

"What, like a double date?" asked Sehun in a chuckle.

Jongin shrugged his shoulders. "Not really, but I guess you can call it like that."

"Have you forgotten we hate each other?" contradicted Zitao.

"Then call them," proposed Chanyeol.

"No!" immediatly exclaimed the couple.

"This needs to be solved face to face," dramatically added Zitao.

Chanyeol and Jongin were a bit amused by their friends' behaviour.

"Oh by the way, I forgot to ask you!" suddenly yelled Zitao. "Jongin, will you… be my bride's maid?"

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. "Bride's maid? Don't you mean best—"

"Of course I'll be your bride's maid," gladly answered Jongin.

The friends then hugged each other emotionally. Sehun got up and reached for his phone while no one was looking, before Chanyeol caught him. When he asked who he was calling, Tao turned to him with a suspicious look.

"You wouldn't dare…" he told him.

"Doch," Sehun answered sassily.

Zitao and Jongin gasped, while Chanyeol was chuckling on the couch. After a few glares and seconds, Sehun had reached the couple's number. No one knew how he got it, though.

"Hello darling," he greeted her.

 

In the Bae-Bhuwakul house, Suzy had excused herself to answer the phone and left Kunpimook alone in an awkward position.

"Who are you?" she asked when she heard someone greeting her seductively.

"I'm Oh Sehun, your rival," Sehun answered. "Anyway, I'm really sorry things turned out like that… I think we should try to find a solution without conflict."

"Oh you started all this!" Suzy yelled.

Her mother's voice asked her if everything was alright from the dining room.

"Yes mother!" she answered with an angel voice. "Listen here you little jerk, if you want a compromise, you're talking to the wrong woman," she muttered angrily.

A sigh was heard on the other side of the phone.

"Honey don't get angry, I'm willing to talk," Sehun proposed. "Let's have a, um…"

 

Back to Chanyeol's place, Jongin mouthed "double date" to his friend Sehun.

"A double date?" repeted Sehun.

"What?" Suzy exclaimed.

"So we can talk," he added.

"Like a dinner? If you pay for it, I guess I'm in."

Sehun nodded to his friends to show she agreed and Zitao glared at him. After the phone call was ended, the latter got up to ground his fiancé.

"How could you do this to me?!" he angrily asked, shaking Sehun. "I don't want any compromise—"

"Don't worry, we'll win…" Sehun assured.

 

When Suzy came back to the dinner, she saw the parents were getting up. 

"Oh honey, you're here," said her mother. " We're leaving, it's getting late. You know I hate going to sleep too late."

After a moment everyone was gone from the house, leaving the couple alone. When they were sitting on the living room's couch, exhausted by their parent's visit, Suzy explained what she had been discussing with Sehun to Kunpimook, who didn't seem too excited. He didn't want to see them as well, but he agreed, as Suzy's wish to have her wedding on that damn beach was more important to him than his fear of the intimitading rival couple.

"Do you think they'll give up the beach?" he asked her doubtfully.

"Oh, trust me," she answered with confidence.

She looked out the window dramatically.

"They won't have a choice."