Confused and Assured

Only For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Jessica didn’t know why Jiyeon suddenly become distant with her. These couple of days she’s nowhere to be found, unreachable and when Jessica visited their house she’s not there. She can’t focus to work, dead worried on what is the girl up to, where she could be, is she sick? It frustrates her that she can’t do anything to figure out on what is happening. “JESSICA JUNG!” Taeyeon yelled and smacked her best friend’s head for ignoring her.   “What the hell is that for?!” Jessica asked more pissed because she almost spilled her coffee on her work clothes. Taeyeon glared at her and hissed. “What’s that for? I’ve been talking here ‘yet your mind is somewhere else! Seriously! What’s wrong with you? You already ditched me last night then you came here to my office ‘yet you still ignoring me” Taeyeon said sound upset. “Look I’m sorry for ditching you last night I just don’t feel like partying when I’m so damn worried of Jiyeon. She’s not responding to my texts! Her phone is off, I can’t find her!” “Maybe she got tired and bored being with you and got a new chic now” Taeyeon joked and smirked. “HA HA HA SO FUNNY. SHUT UP!” Jessica huffed which received a giggle from Taeyeon. Jessica was about to punch her for being annoying when a knock heard and the door opened. It’s their CEO’s secretary...   “Sorry to interrupt you’re conversation ladies but the CEO wants to see Ms. Jung” . . . Jessica’s eyes widened surprised. “Me? Why the CEO would want to see me? Are you sure about that?” The secretary nodded in firm. “I am very sure Ms. Jung. He asked to personally get you to meet him as possible” “I wonder why” Jessica mumbled ‘yet followed the secretary of course not forgetting to say byes to her best friend before that midget sulk again.     On the other side, there’s the Hwang shopping for tomorrow’s dinner. Krystal is with them but the girl asked for permission if she could walk around since grocery shopping is not her thing and they let the kid go. “So Nickhun is coming tomorrow?” Mommy Hwang asked her daughter as she checks her lists to buy. “Yup and I promise to make his favorite dish” Tiffany answered looking at the ingredients she needs for her boyfriend’s pad thai. “Awww… I’m glad that you’re taking care of him he is nice” Tiffany was surprised and stop pushing the cart. “What? Did I say something wrong?” Tiffany shook her head. “Not really. I was just surprised that you compliment him, all I thought is you don’t like Nickhun” “Just because I never compliment and asked how is he that doesn’t mean I don’t like him sweetie. I’m just being careful to not hurt someone’s feelings” “Someone? Who?” Tiffany asked pretending that she doesn’t know though she really does. “Stop pretending, I know that you knew its Jessica that I am talking about here” Tiffany kept mum. “That other daughter of mine was hurt and broken because of you Tiffany. Don’t think that because you’re my real daughter I am letting you break someone’s heart and you our Jessica. I know it’s inevitable but at least you should be considerate and gentle.” “So you know Jessica has feelings towards me all this time?” Tiffany surprisingly asked and she got a nod from her Mother as an answer. “And you’re okay with that?!” another nod. “Yes I am. I’m not ist and I don’t judge people” Mommy Hwang straightforwardly said and Tiffany sure is guilty. “So you were waiting for this chance to talk to me about her?” “Yes that’s why I let Krystal go somewhere else. Let me ask you this, what did you feel when Jessica confess to you?” Tiffany recollects that night, the sincere and loving stare from Jessica although you can really tell that she’s nervous and scared but still the blonde decided to let her feelings out. “Surprise? Caught off guard? I really don’t know what to say and react Mom.” “Disgust? Shame?” “What? Of course not! I will never be disgusted to Jessica! She’s my best friend!” Tiffany defended but Mommy Hwang decided grill her more. “Then why did you pushed her away? Why did you accept Nickhun’s love the day after Jessica confessed?” “B-because it’s wrong! So wrong, we’re both girls what do you expect me to react when your best friend tells you she’s in love with you?! We are open to each other more than I am open to you ‘yet she has that feeling for me that’s why I think that she took advantage of it!” “And you denying that you’re not disgusted? You’re being judgmental right now Tiffany. Okay let’s say that Jessica loves you a long time and she didn’t tell you but when did ever Jessica use the friendship that guys built just to get you? She became the best friend that everyone wish to have, she puts you first than anyone else even sometimes you’re being a brat and hurting her without you knowing. Did you hear any complain from her? No! She even helps Nickhun courting you because for her that young man will give you happiness than what she can offer! Jessica decided not to tell you and held it for long because she’s afraid to lose you. She better have you as a best friend than nothing. It was my fault for pushing her to confess when since then she knows she will lose at the end. I didn’t give her hopes that you will love her back but I expect you to be mature but what happened? You didn’t just broke her heart Tiffany you crushed it” 

 

Tiffany is loss of words. She has nothing to say because everything that her mother had said is true. She’s being in denial that she caused the pain of the person who did nothing but to love and take care of her. She’s the one to blame why everything between them changes. It was her fault why Jessica is being so distant and cold to her. Tiffany knows she deserves it, it’s just she doesn’t want admit that she regrets everything.

 

“And we both have this feeling that there’s a person behind Jessica’s smiles and being herself again. You witnessed how broken she was because of you but now she become happy and positive again which I am so glad. If you only see her as a best friend I am totally fine with it. You have Nickhun anyways, that young man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter