Searching...

A Touch of Fear
Please log in to read the full chapter

The Royal Guild was bustling with activity as Guardians and Aiders scurried all around the big office area. I quickly stepped back as one of the Guardians passed by, almost bumping into me. The sounds of the Crystals beeping were heard constantly as they rang from more assignments and updates. I headed upstairs towards the third floor where a clear glass office stood, overlooking the rest of the office area. I gave a gentle knock on the wooden door.

"Come in."

I twisted the knob and opened the door, sticking my head inside before the rest of my body entered the room.

A lady sat behind one of the desks, filled with paper work. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a tight bun, framing her sharp features. Her dark brown eyes were keen, matching her feline glasses.  

"Alexis! Have you finished the assignment already?" she said. 

"Hey Dara," I said as I took a seat on one of the couches.

"Don't talk to me so casually!! I'm your Director here! It's Director Park!" she exclaimed. "Well? How was it?"

"Well...it didn't really go as I had imagined," I shrugged. "Besides, see for yourself." 

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Check your Crystal, I sent you the report a few minutes ago," I said. She grabbed her Crystal from her desk and opened it, her eyes trailing through the report.

"Is that all?" she said with a raised eyebrow. "For your first assignment, this was supposed to be easy."

"What do you mean 'is that all?' I waited 20 minutes, crouching behind a bush and nothing happened! Then I had to fight against a giant 15 foot spider and I tried to be reasonable and gave so many chances for it to flee but it just kept going... so I ended up killing it."

"Well, that's what you're trained for, isn't it?" she walked over and sat down beside to me.

Please log in to read the full chapter