Assignment: 02

A Touch of Fear
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I have good news," Dara dragged out. 

We were currently sitting in her office after breakfast hours. She slid her Crystal across the desk, "This is your second Assignment!" 

I immediately grabbed it as my eyes hungrily skimmed through the information. 

"The location is The Eerie Creek. It's a bit further from here, but I'm sure you can manage it, right?" she asked. 

I nodded, "Of course, I have my Emerald if anything."

"There's been a goblin that's been stealing people's jewelry. Usually, it's only once in a while but this one keeps going after any passerby outside the Eerie Creek. It's attracted to shiny objects and collects it within a small pouch it carries. Be careful, goblins are very...tricky creatures," she said. "Very greedy."

I grinned, "Don't worry, I'll be careful."

"Just catch the goblin and ground him. Send a message over when you caught him, and we'll send a Guard over to secure him."

I took out my Emerald, "Alright, sounds easy. See ya later." Before she could finish saying something, I cut her off as my surroundings blurred out. I envisioned the murky green lake, the shadowed trees, and the eyes that lurked behind the bushes. I opened my eyes and looked around looking for the crime scene. Another rustling could be heard as I immediately turned around but all was still.

Suddenly, something jumped out and tackled me to the ground. A goblin grabbed onto my hair and tugged, "Garnet," it seethed. I wrinkled my nose and held back its head, avoiding its stinky breath and sharp teeth. With its other hand, it tugged off my favorite ring.

Oh you're going to regret doing that! Dara gave me that you little brat!

I summoned my knife and immediately slashed it across the goblins arm.

"HURT! HURT!" it cried as it immediately released me and jumped away. It hobbled away as I ran after it. It ran towards a dark oak tree but disappeared to the corner. I immediately slowed down and peeked at the corner.

I took a step forward but suddenly my orientation was upside down. I looked at my foot only find a string tied around it. I was hanging upside down from a tree branch.

"Haha. Silly girl. Goblin smart. Girl stupid!" he teased.

"Oh, but a smart goblin wouldn't forget that the girl has a weapon," I grinned. I summoned my knife and cut off the rope, landing right on my feet. "Now who's stupid?"

"Goblin bye bye!" it screamed before running off. I immediately chased after it, being extra careful for another trap. However, I lost sight of it for a few minutes. I looked around and ran towards one of the trees.

The goblin stood in the center, snickering. It held my ring in the air, watching as the Garnet glittered in the light that had managed seep through the leaves of the trees.

"Prettyyyyyy," it said as it grinned with its hideous teeth. My hands tightened around

Please log in to read the full chapter