Desperately Seeking You

I Got Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hayoung noona,” a nasal voice greeted her from behind and Hayoung slightly jumped in surprise. She turned around and saw Yugyeom was smiling at her.

“You surprised me, giant!” Hayoung hit his chest lightly before she busied herself with her papers at the school cafeteria.

Yugyeom took the seat in front of her, he was propping his elbow up while his cheek rested on his palm.

“Stop staring at me. Or I can't focused on my task because of you,” Hayoung hissed.

“I saw earlier that you and Youngjae hyung walked together to school. Where’s Namjoo noona?”

“So, you’ve been following me, huh?”

“No, I was not. It’s just a coincidence that I saw you and him near the bus station. I wonder where’s Youngjae’s girlfriend was because it was so rare to see him without her,” Yugyeom shrugged.

“It’s not your business anyway, so you better grab your lunch,” Hayoung told him before she focused to her works again.

“Okay, I’ll be back,” Yugyeom got up from his seat, he ruffled his hair before walking to the food corner.

 

Less than 5 minutes, Hayoung had done her works and she wanted to arrange the papers. But, before she could do it, Yugyeom suddenly showed up in front of her with a tray with two plates sandwich and 2 glasses of ice milk.

“I bought some food for us,” he smiled and taking his seat in front of her again.

“Us?” Hayoung blinked her eyes in confusion, and Yugyeom chuckled by seeing her expression.

“I don’t want you to get hungry during the lesson, so I bring you food. Eat it, juseyo,” he pushed the plate of sandwich and a glass of milk in front of her.

“But---“

“No but, noona. You have to eat whether you like it or not. Unless you want me to feed you,” Yugyeom put a playful smirk and Hayoung immediately grabbed the sandwich, un-wrapping the plastic faster, before she took a huge bite of the bread. Yugyeom chuckled after seeing her, but he was happy because she ate what he brought for her.

“Why you still can’t accept me, Hayoung noona?” he asked while still watching her eat.

“I can’t,” Hayoung said in the midst of munching the food.

“Why? Is it because I was Eunji noona’s former boyfriend?”

Hayoung nodded. “That's one of the reasons.”

“Oh, noona…” Yugyeom let out a groan. “I’m just dating her less than a month. And I don’t even think that it was love. It was just for fun and---“

“How I know that this time you were not wanted to play around with me too?” Hayoung suddenly cut his words.

“N-No, it’s different now,” Yugyeom stuttered.

 “I don’t trust you, Kim Yugyeom,” she answered coldly.

“You can try me if it can make you trust me. And I will show you how much I like you,” Yugyeom was gazing at her this time, he tried to show her that he really fell for her.

“Forget it, Kim,” Hayoung put the plastic wrap on the plate, as she sipped the ice milk.

Yugyeom let out a deep sigh. “Noona, please listen to me and look at me now,” he whispered while he grabbed Hayoung’s shoulder.

“What did you do, Yugyeom-ah? All eyes in this cafeteria were staring at us now,” Hayoung hissed.

“I don’t care,” Yugyeom eyes were still staring at her. “I knew you were hurt. I know you couldn't forget him, but please, give me the chance and I’ll promise you that I will make you happy and I can prove it.”

“You don’t know anything, Kim Yugyeom. It’s not because of him anymore,”

Yugyeom blinked his eyes for several times, because he thought the reason why Hayoung was looking so sad during these days is her fake former boyfriend.

“Thanks for the food. See you again,” Hayoung got up from her seat before she walked away, leaving Yugyeom with his own thoughts.

***

 

“So, it was the reason why she looks so desperately sad…” Yugyeom said when he got the explanation from Bambam, Chorong’s boyfriend. Both of them were sitting together in Bambam’s living room.

“Yeah, poor Hayoung noona. But I cannot help her since I can understand Chorong noona's feeling too. It must be hard for her to face the truth since she still feel disappointed with her father sudden decision,” Bambam shrugged.

“I thought that it must be hard for me to chase her heart,” Yugyeom looked down.

“You are wrong, dude. It’s your good chance to get her heart,” Bambam patted the youngest shoulder till making Yugyeom looked up. “She must be in her low, now. So, all you need to do is staying beside her whenever you have the chance. She needs someone that she can lean on. She needs someone who can soothe her. So, it’s your chance.”

***

 

“Bomi eonnie? What happened with you?” Hayoung said as she saw her roommate’s eyes were swollen. Hayoung just came inside their room and she found Bomi was sitting alone on the couch.

“Hayoung-ah, did you meet Jinyoung? Did he already come home?” Bomi asked, ignoring the youngest question.

“Oh, yes he did. I just saw him and he was entering his room,” Hayoung said as she closed the door.

“Okay, I’ll go downstair,” Bomi got up from her seat and started to walk. But she suddenly stopped when she was just a meter away from Hayoung.

She frowned as she could see the dark eye bags on her face.

“You should take a rest, dear. You seem very tired,” Bomi the youngest hairs. “I knew that the problem had burdened you a lot. But you should believe that the beginning is always being the hardest part.”

“Thank you, Bomi eonnie,” Hayoung curved a thin smile on her face.

***

 

“Yugyeom-ah? What are you doing here?”

“Oh, hi Eunji noona. I---“

“Yah, what are you doing here, giant? Don’t you dare to flirt Eunji noona again!” Jackson suddenly came from behind Eunji as he was pointing his finger to the youngest. He acted like he wanted to warn him.

“Yah, Jackson-ah, what are you talking about?! Go inside and finish your task!” Eunji glared and Jackson immediately ran away since he knew how scary Eunji if she was angry. Yugyeom was chuckling by seeing them. “So, who are you looking for?”

“I… want to see Hayoung noona… Did she at home?” Yugyeom stuttered as he rubbed the back of his neck. He never knew that met his ex could be so awkward like that – although he was really sure that he didn’t have any special feelings toward her anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter