The New Member

I Got Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark arrived in front of the big house at the morning. He threw his gaze around and he suddenly gasped in amazement when he entered himself into it.

“Oh my God… This house is so big! It will be so fun to stay here!” he beamed and he let his luggage on the floor, while he was starting to check the house.

He was going to check the kitchen first. “Hmm, it’s pretty big. Although I can’t cook, at least they have a big refrigerator so I can keep my snacks and energy drinks in it,” he said as he was scrutinizing the room. He nodded in pleasure, before he turned around and walked toward the rooms.

“There are only 2 rooms in this floor. I wonder that the rest of the rooms were located on the second floor,” he patted his chin, before he decided to walk upstairs.

 

“Anyeonghaseyo. Is anybody here?” he said in a loud voice, as he arrived on the second floor and he still yet meet anyone on that house.

Mark was about to walking toward the nearest room from the stairs, but suddenly the door of the room was opened. It made him almost jumping from his place.

“Oh anyeonghaseyo,” a girl with light brown hair showed up. “You must be the new member that Mr. Park had told us.”

“Ah yes, that’s me. I’m Mark Tuan. Nice to meet you,” Mark immediately greet and bowed politely.

“I’m Yoon Bomi. You can call me Bomi. Nice to meet you too, Mark,” she started to curl a smile on her face, and an awkward silence suddenly created between them.

“Um… Did you know which room that belongs to me, Bomi-ssi?” he asked while rub the back of his neck.

“Ah, I’d thought that you already found your room,” Bomi patted her own forehead. “Come on, let me show you.”

Bomi walked to the corner of the 2nd floor of the house and signaled the latter to follow her. She suddenly stopped when they already arrived in front of the last room.

“Jackson-ah, wake up! Your new roommate had came,” she knocked as she calling the owner of the room. “Yah, Wangkong, you should wake up now! Don’t make your new friend waited too long!” Bomi was knocking on the door repeatedly, and this time it’s louder than before.

Mark could hear a groan from inside of the room, and less than 5 second, the door finally opened.

“Noona, it’s still 8 in the morning. How could you ask me to wake up while I just got to sleep 3 hours ago,” a guy with black messy hair and bangs that covering his forehead suddenly showed up.

“It’s your fault. You only wasted your sleeping time by playing PS4 all night long last night,” Bomi scold and the youngest could only pout. Mark could not help himself from smiling to see their interaction. He thought that all of the members of the house must having a close friendship toward each other.

“Anyway, he’s Mark Tuan, your new roommate,” Bomi suddenly pointed her chin toward Mark, and made Jackson follow her gaze.

“Hello, nice to meet you, Jackson-ssi,” Mark bowed politely to his new roommate.

“Hi, Mark. Just call me Jack. You don’t need to feel hesitate toward me, dude,” Jackson still with his sleepy eyes, patted the latter shoulder and he gave him a wide smile as an introduction.

“Okay, I should go now. I’ll leave Mark with you, Wang,” Bomi was about to turn around, but Jackson stopped her by calling on her name.

“Noona, why so early?”

“I have a wedding ceremony this morning, so I’m in a hurry now. Bye,” Bomi bid her goodbye as she wave her hand toward the boys, before she immediately ran away to leave that house.

 

“So…” Jackson tried to break the awkwardness, since Mark was still standing in his previous place. “Where’s your luggage?” he said as he looked around Mark to find his things.

“Oh, I still left it downstairs. I’ll take it now,”

“I’ll help you,” Jackson said, as he followed the latter from behind. Actually, he still felt so sleepy. But, he didn’t want to give a bad first impression toward his new roommate. So, he decided to help him.

“Thank you, Jack,” Mark said as he started to go downstairs.

“Um, Mark. How old are you?” Jackson suddenly asked on their way to take his luggage.

“I’m 23. How about you?” Mark said without loosening the smile on his face.

“Woah, so you’re a year older than me. I’m 94-liner anyway,”

“Aahh, so you should calling me as hyung, Jack,”

With Mark's sudden remark, suddenly made Jackson let out a chuckle and then Mark was copying his. “Ah, you were right. I’m sorry for being less polite toward you before, hyung,” Jackson patted the eldest shoulder playfully, and once again both of them burst into laughter together.

 Mark brought 2 big luggages and Jackson helped him to bring one of them toward their room.

 

“I’m so sorry before, Mark. But too be honest, I still felt so sleepy right now and I need at least 3 more hours to sleep. So, please don’t mad at me because I cannot you to go around the house at this time,” Jackson suddenly said when Mark and he already arrived at their room.

“Oh. It’s okay, Jack. Take your time. I should be the one who asking an apology for you, because I just interrupt your sleeping time,” Mark pouted and Jackson quickly shook his head.

“Never mind, dude. We’re roommate, so we must respect to each other. Oh, if you feel hungry, you can go to the dining room on the first floor. Jinyoung had cook some breakfast for us,” Jackson finally said, before he was climbing onto his bed and get ready to fall asleep.

“Okay, thanks Jack. I’ll pack my things up before take a breakfast.”

***

Less than an hour, Mark already finished from packing his things to his room wardrobe. He felt that his stomach groaned in hunger, so he decided to go to the dining room for find something to eat.

He slowly opened the food cover, and he saw a plate of omelet and sausage. Mark smiled as he grabs an empty plate from the kitchen, before he took a seat on the dining table to eat.

When he just finished his breakfast, he could hear a sound of door knob from the main door. He tilted his head so he could see the view of the main door from his place. That was when he suddenly caught a girl presence with mid-long black hair came inside. He still could not see her face, since she was still looking down to put down her sneakers.

Mark could bet that the girl was boyish since she wore a skinny jeans and loose shirt. Her style was so different with Yoon Bomi, the first member of the house that he met earlier.

When Mark was still busying himself with his own thought, that girl suddenly lifted her chin and she was capturing his presence.

“Oh, hello new comer,” she greet him while walked toward his direction.

“Oh, h-hi,” Mark snapped out and stuttered as he could clearly see her face right now. The girl was smiling at him, and Mark could find that she had a pretty eye smile.

“I’m Jung Eunji, 93-liner. Nice to meet you,” that girl suddenly blurted out, while her hand toward Mark.

Mark immediately shook her hand. “Nice to meet you too. I’m Mark Tuan, we’re in a same liner.”

“Oh, that’s cool!” she pulled out her hand before she flicked her fingers. “You’ve just come here on this morning, aren’t you?” Eunji asked while walked toward the refrigerator to grab a glass of cold water.

Mark nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter