CH. 5

Ties

*Beep beep beep*

‘Ugh….not today….’

*beep beep beep*

‘Why me?’

*beep beep beep*

“FINE!” I yelled at the alarm clock screeching for me to wake up. I rolled out of bed, grabbed my robe, and trudged down to the living room; where I threw myself on the couch. As usual I was alone. It was cold in my house. I looked around. ‘Why is everything so white?’ I thought. “Maybe I should go shopping for some color. Maybe that’ll brighten my mood.

A couple hours later I found myself in a large store full of colorful homing décor. Fuzzy pillows, potted plants, eccentric throw blankets, anything and everything.

I searched the store, looking for something to add a splash of color. So far, I had found a framed Korean flag for the living room, a red table cloth, and some red chairs for the bar in the kitchen. “I guess I’m doing red, white, and blue…” I found a set of burnt red vases that had motivational words inscribed in them. I also found some white orchids that would look good in the vases.

I was walking around when I ran into someone. “Sorry.” I said in unison with the person I had just bumped in too. I looked up at the person and realized I knew her. “Oh….. Hi.” It was Dara. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t paying any attention…” She said before actually looking at who she was talking too. “My friend CL sent me to get some ribbons and rugs and I kind of got lost looking for them.”  “CL, As in Chaerin Lee?” I questioned knowing the answer. She looked at me confused. I smiled and held out my hand towards her. “I’m Daesung.” She nodded and took my hand and gently shook it. “Oh, I see. You’re her man friend. I’m Dara.” Her voice trembled with disgust. ‘Was she the one who really hated men...or was that Minzy? I can’t remember! ’ I thought. “I can help you look for the rugs and ribbons if you’d like.” I offered with a smile. “Oh… uh, No need. You have your own shopping to do.” She replied pointing at the vases. “I’m actually just passing time. It won’t be a bother to help you.”  After a long pause she nodded and agreed to let me help her find the rugs and ribbons.

“So… why rugs and ribbons? “ I questioned, walking down the design aisle. “CL is a crafty person. She uses ribbons to make a lot of things. And we have a nasty stain on one of our rugs and we can’t just replace one and it not match the others. So we have to replace them all. “She spoke as she examined all the different textures, and colors, and widths of the ribbons. After a while of pure concentration she chose a light pink lacey ribbon. “To the rugs then?” She nodded and we began walking that way. “So do all four of you live together?” I asked. “Yeah… wait, how’d you know there were four of us?” “I met CL, Bom, and You…. And Cl’s told me about Minzy several times…. “She nodded.

 ”Yeah. We do. I was practically raised by Bom. Then CL and Minzy came along. Now we’re just four best friends living together.” I nodded and listened for anything I could call her out on. There was nothing this question. Maybe the next one. “What do you girls do if one of you gets a boyfriend or a man friend?” She froze for a second. “We usually don’t communicate with men.” AH-HA! Gotcha now! “Oh. Do you not like men?” I pushed the subject. “It’s not that. We don’t like being bossed around and treated as ‘just women’. ”She emphasized the ‘just women’ by using her hands to make air quotes. “I see.” I finished as we approached the rug aisle. I didn’t want to pry too much. Dara didn’t seem like the one to mess with. “Ah, yes…..” It didn’t take her long to find the rugs she wanted. She grabbed some black fuzzy rugs with shags all over them. “These won’t stain as easily.” She said sounding triumphant, as if she were the only person in the world who could come up with this ingenious idea of unstainable black rugs. We went to the registers to pay for our stuff. While Dara was cashing out, I could feel eyes stabbing us. I looked around. There he was in the very back of the store, glaring daggers at me, Taeyang. I don’t mean to keep getting in these men’s way, but dammit man! “I’ll be back… I have to use the gentlemen’s room.” I said dismissing myself from the line with Dara. I waited for her to nod before I began walking towards this man. He slipped into the dark corner of the store where all the craft books are.  “Hello again.” He said as I rounded the corner to where he was at. “Hello. “ I replied. He looked angry. “Dara’s my target. You’re lucky I’ve been following her all day and I had seen that you two accidentally bumped into each other. Otherwise, you’d be dead right now.” I nodded. Again with the threats from these men. Why can’t I just work on my case without interference? “I promise I’m not after your bounty or whatever the hell she is. Just Chaerin Lee.” He nodded and quickly disappeared behind a couple of book shelves. “Ready?” A voice from behind called. I nodded and turned around to see Dara.

I had given her a ride home, to the same duplex as CL. She said thanks for helping her today and told me that maybe I wasn’t so bad of a male…. It made me happy that she didn’t want to burn me alive. But still. It was starting to get late and that sun was going down. I finally got home and put my new décor in their assigned spots. Finally, my house wasn’t too boring. I liked it. I was so tired from shopping though. I immediately showered and went to bed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

// I'm sorry. I'm really having writers block. So heres a short update to kind of keep you from going insane. I'll try to move it along. Thanks for the veiws. Feel free to like and comment ideas for inspiration.