Ch. 4

Ties

I had to admit; I was slightly nervous. I had asked Chaerin to meet me at the Cafe we first met at. After seeing her ritual, I had to be extra cautious. I wouldn't want to piss her off too badly. "Sorry I'm late." I heard a familiar voice come from behind me. I turned to see the boss herself. "Hello CL." I eye-smiled at the demonic gang leader. "Daesung. " She said in greeting. We took our seats at a table next to the window facing the sun. "Why the sudden meeting?" She questioned, jumping straight to the point. A small amount of fear crept into my mind, had she seen me or possibly the man known as Taeyang at her meeting? “Do I have to have a reason? I wanted coffee, but I didn’t want to come alone. And you seem to like coffee.” I took a small sip of my soy Irish cream latte. “Why did you come to this sudden meeting?” I questioned, returning the awkward position she had put me in.

 She scooted her seat up closer to the table and looked me in the eyes, smiling an innocent smile I knew was an act. A woman that evil can’t really be kind enough to sincerely produce a smile with that magnitude of innocence. “I wanted to see you. You’re always dismissive, but this time you were the one to make conversation…” She paused for a moment. “But…. How did you get my number?” ‘Well, . Now I have to kill you.’ “I uh…” I had to think of something believable. “I asked Seunghyun, the boy who was at the bar with you and Miss Bom that night, for your name and I found you on Facebook. That’s where I found your number.” I lied through my teeth. But I was used to it. I did this for a living. It was nothing new. It was easy. “So you did ask for me!” She said slightly peppier than I could handle. I simply nodded. We sat in silence for a little while, drinking our coffees. “So tell me about your hobbies…. Your friends… anything that would intrigue me.” I said sitting my coffee on the table and crossing my arms, looking over at her. She breathed in and in coffee, choking momentarily. “Why do you ask about this?” She looked at me, skeptical of my questions. “I just want to know about you Lee Chaerin.” She slightly blushed but immediately regained her composition. “Well, I have three best friends that I’m inseparable with. They’re great girlfriends for a girl to have. There’s Bom, which you met the other night; Minzy who’s the more artsy one. She’s an excellent dancer. Though she comes off a bit rude sometimes; she’s really a sweet heart. And then there’s Dara. She’s the little sister who’s older than me.” She finished up her small description about her friends, nodding her head. It was silent one again but only for a moment. “Tell me about your friends.” She looked at me. I didn’t have friends. “Well, there’s Stephen,” ‘my case organizer (the one who constantly beeped me)’, “He’s from America.” I was just trying to think of people I could kind of consider friends… or at least acquaintances. “I guess my next closest friend would be…’ Think Daesung; ‘Taeyang…. He’s… him.” I wasn’t sure how to describe him. I was hoping just the mention of a few people would please her. I looked over to see if my plan had worked and thankfully it did. She was nodding staring blankly off into the distance. “And as a hobby… I play soccer and study the bible.” I spoke answering the question I had asked her that she tried to avoid. “Really? The bible? “I nodded at her disbelief. “I just shop with my girls and I model for a few clothes lines.” I stared at her with eyes that were asking for more details. “Actually, I’ve modelled for Hazzy’s fashion, Vitamin Water, and Louis Vuitton.” I was actually interested. “Really? Isnt he a big time American designer?” I inquired. “Partially…” she replied, also stating that he and her were close friends.

 

                We talked for the rest of the afternoon until after the sun started setting. “Well; I should probably call a cab to go home before it gets too late.” Lightbulb! “I’ll give you a ride.” I quickly replied to her departure statement. “Oh… Okay, sure. I live near Gwangnaru-gil. Do you know where that is?” I nodded and opened the door for her to get into the passenger side of my car. After a short ride, we arrived at a duplex and she got out and went inside. After saying her fair winds first of course. I knew where she lived now. My mission just got so much easier. I went home with a smile on my face. Not because I had a good time, but because I just found out where my target lived and had avoided any inferences today. I spoke too soon. As I was getting ready for bed, a knock came from my front door. Without thinking I opened it to see the blue haired man standing in my doorway. "Can I help you?" I asked. "Stay away from my target. I will win this. I don't want to kill more than i have too. But I will. Understand?" I was actually a little terrified. This man really looked like he would kill me in a heart beat. If he could anyway. I just smiled shaking my head in amusement. "Go home. It's late." I said as I closed the doors and continued getting ready for bed.