Change of plans.

Beautiful angel

Thought # 4.

"People say life is unpredictable.
Sometimes you are here, and later you are far from there.
Sometimes you are happy, and sometimes you are not.
Sometimes you think that things are going well, but later they are not.

But people also say that nothing in this life is forever. And sometimes that is a good thought.

Because you know bad things will end too.
You just have to be patient."

[That night, the stars tinkled while the soft wind rocked lazily the autumn leaves of trees, while two young kids climbed the stairs to the top of the Namsan Tower. When the treads of the stairs finally ended in front of us, a young couple walked passing us by and I watched them curiously how they held hands. Smiling inside, i watched my own hand; Jinki hadn't released it although i no longer needed help to climb, but i didn't want him to let it go either. We walked around, looking the perfect place to put the locks.

When the padlocks were closed, Jinki smiled at them. I noted with joy that new way adults used to show their love. I had never heard of using padlocks to seal promises.

Then Jinki looked at me.

"As these padlocks keep my promise to you, angel, they will be with me in my heart until the day we meet again. You will not forget our friendship, right? "He took my hands and I shook my head. "I love you, my little angel."

I smiled.

That word made me feel really happy.

 I love you.

... my little angel.]

"Angel?" Half awake, i felt the shame of a child who is caught doing mischief as i felt his hand on my shoulder. I didn't understand why i had dreamed something like that or why i was ashamed of it, beacuse it was something I never ever would have been able to control. "Angel, wake up."

"Why?" I pulled the covers that rested on my waist to cover my head. "Today I have no classes and i don't have to go to work."

"We will go to the company and I want you to have breakfast before."

Our lives were very different and I didn't understand why I should be part of his.

"Why do I have to go with you?"

"Because I want to show you off." He giggled. "Now, get up."

I took one hand out of the blanket and pointed a finger to him to come closer. I wasn't sure if he would do it, but when i felt his lips touching the tip of my finger, a small, almost perceptible electricity went through me, and i understood that Onew wasn't shy with the idea of ​​marriage. Slowly, i raised my finger until i felt his nose where i pressed it lightly a few times.

"What are you doing, angel?" He laughed, still allowing me to play.

"I try to see if you turn off."

"You should try here, then..." He said, and then he caught my hand and led it back to his lips.

Under the covers... I laughed quietly. Was he really flirting with me? But I had to admit that his fresh attitude was better than keeping an uncomfortable relationship.

"If you get up now, i may allow you to see your friends of the company. See you in the dining room, angel."

Allow me? My common sense also was half awake, so I took a minute to understand what that meant, but when i took the blanket out of my body, Onew was gone. I didn't know how he found out about that, and i left the bed to know it. I put on my ugg boots even when I knew that Key didn't like them, and I left the room to walk down the hall. This wasn't my first day in their dorm, but the thought of sharing breakfast with them made my heart race. Taking my hair in a ponytail, i stopped at the entrance to the room in silence, while Onew and Key were standing putting dishes on the table. 

Onew looked up, my eyes met his and his smile took me by surprise and... I felt my knees weak.

"What are you doing, Angel? Come here." He nodded to one of the empty spaces next to Minho. "The kids don't bite."

"Speak for yourself." Jong laughed softly.

Before Onew scolded him, Key came to him and hit the back of his head. Tae and Minho exploded in a silly laugh. I sat next to Minho, Onew sat beside me and Key among Jong and Tae. The table was filled with different dishes: bossam, kimchi, seolleongtang (soup of cow bones and meat with rice), seaweed, steamed vegetables, seafood and something that I could not recognize.

"Now we are all together." Minho smiled. "Let's eat!"

The boys wore pajamas and filled the place with laughter and random conversations. The mood in the room was good because they were having breakfast as a family. I smiled to myself to see how close they were, how much they love each other and how much they enjoyed their company.

"You can eat whatever you want, angel." Onew took an empty plate and put it in front of me. "There are a lot of meat cooked in different ways, you can try all of them."

"Choose what you want, Juliette." Jong said with food in his mouth. "Try everything. That's what we do."

"Talking with the mouth full is not something we do." Key said looking at him seriously.

Embarrassed, Jong wiped his lips with a napkin.

"Noona, you should try the seolleongtang." Taemin said. "Onew hyung woke up early to cook it, he said it was your favorite."

With food in their mouths, the boys giggled. And unlike them, Onew and I shared an uneasy laugh. Every attempt by him to be close to me, as simple as it was, seemed to make it harder my attempts to keep my distance.

"Yes. Actually... it is." I replied, and their eyes filled with curiosity while they waited for what i would do next. The beating of my own heart made me nervous. "Thank you, Onew. Thank you for thinking of me..."

And suddenly the atmosphere in the room had changed.

Onew looked at me smiling, and in my mind appeared the smile from the child that I dreamed.

"You're my future wife, it is my duty to know."

This was the second thing he seemed to guess about me. Things in this life he could ever know.

"But that means you're spying on me? Because that would make you a stalker."

"What?!" Like the others, Onew choked on the food. "No!"

Key exploded in the same laugh i had heard in the videos the fans made especially for that: the "Ahahaha" laughter, and It was the same laugh that made me laugh too.

"Having a girl in the dorm is going to be fun." He said between breaths.

"And I'm not a stalker." Onew said, as the corner of his lip was trying to hide a smile.

"How do you know that I have friends there?"

"People call me soothsayer." And he gave me that I know everything, baby smile. The same that made his fans sigh.

I raised an eyebrow.

"People call you dubu."

"People call him old man too." Tae giggled.

"And do not forget what they call him when he falls." Minho said, smiling to himself.

I chuckled, but i began to suspect who spoke about our secret friendship. Chanyeol, or maybe Baekhyun.

"How do you know it?"

"I just know." He shrugged and put a spoonful of rice in his mouth.

I sighed deeply, if he thought I would give up, then he didn't know me as much as he thought. He looked at me with an air of superiority as he chewed. But there was someone here who could tell me.

"You're going to tell me, right, Jong?" I asked innocently. If it works...

Under the surprised looks and trying not to laugh... At least 3 of them, Jonghyun's shoulders slumped.

"They did." He said. "When it became known that you were engaged with hyung, Baekhyun asked if you could visit them... and you know the rest."

"You're in trouble, Jong." Key laughed when Onew's shoulders slumped too.

"Is it because she's a girl, hyung?" Tae asked Key in a whisper.

"Yes, but she's Onew hyung's girl." Minho said.

His girl?

"Thank you, Jonghyun." I smiled at him.

"Thank you, Jonghyun." Onew said sarcastically.

"You're welcome, Juliette." He smiled at me. Then he looked at Onew and his smile fell, and he raised his hands in the air proving his innocence "It was her, hyung."

"Yah!" Onew turned his body to face me. At his surprised and slightly annoyed look, I look at him quiet and carefree. "I'm your fiance. It's me you're going to marry with. If you're going to flirt with someone in this house... it has to be me."

And then none of them could keep the food in their mouths as they laughed.

"I didn't flirt with anyone." I said quietly.

"This is better than watch TV over breakfast." Minho said.

Onew sighed deeply and continued eating.

"Don't give her the seafood, Key." Onew said when Key put it nearby. "Juliette doesn't like it."

Spoon stopped halfway to my mouth when I heard it. The boys looked at me waiting for me to answer that, and I nodded. They continued with breakfast, always trying to make me part of their conversation, while I wondered how Onew knew those things about me.

30 minutes later the breakfast was over. I offered to wash the dishes but they refused, so I thanked them for the food before I get up.

"Thanks for breakfast." I stood up. "I need answers from my friends so I'll get ready."

"Just Friends, angel." Onew said as i walked down the hall.

–––––– BEAUTIFUL ANGEL ––––––

With 23 years and a career in architecture almost over, i had the responsibility of maintaining a company with more than hundreds of workers only in Korea. All of them equally faithfuls and dedicated to what they did. It was written that it would be me who would inherit what my grandfather had created in his youth; especially with his work and effort. The way he had got what he had become a lifestyle that the family hoped to achieve. Jonah Hamilton was not always known as the founder of the company, but his strength and perseverance to achieve their goals was the best message he could leave to future generations.

And while i was reviewing this project documents of the company on the laptop sitting on the couch, a facebook's message rang again, sending the melody through the left earphone and showing Sam's inbox.

"So... what super fun things are you doing now?"

I chuckled.

"If reviewing pdf's is fun, then yes, I'm having a lot of."

"Ugh! That's horrible. Why don't you tell your fiance to go somewhere? Hahahahahaha... but I mean it."

"Onew is also busy."

"I don't think he is when it comes to you ;D"

 That message made me think about Onew; he had a smile when someone spoke about us. That made me think about myself.

"Can we change the subject?"

 "Okay. Are you in the company?"

"No..." I watched the rehearsal room; it was the first time I visited the company after I moved into their apartment two days ago. I could see the guys in the mirror that rose from the wooden floor to ceiling. They were about to start rehearsing for the concert in Jeju within weeks. And as i watched, Jonghyun and I exchanged glances and he smiled using both hands to make peace signs. I giggled and went back to the laptop. "I am in THEIR company."

"Really?!!" If we were not writing, I'll bet that she would have screamed. "But... Have you seen Luna again?"

I had thought about it and the look she gave me. Although Luna and I did not know anything about us, i did not expect that dark look considering she was close to Onew, perhaps too much. But the marriage arrangement was made so that he could convince everyone that he and I had a story. That is better than knowing they were forcing him to marry without love.

Definitely something happened between her and Onew.

"Actually, no. And I hope I don't."

"And you think, you know, maybe she likes him?"

"I don't know."

"And if it is true?"

"I don't care much." I shrugged although even she didn't see me. "This engagement will continue no matter what."

"Maybe she's just jealous, like a little sister, you know."

"Like I said, I don't care."

"Juliette..." Though writing not let us see our expressions, we knew each other too well to know she had made a face. Sam and I watched k-dramas, and they were excellent, but I didn't believe them, but she swore that this could end up like those romantic stories of happy endings. "Onew will be your husband, you should care."

"I know." I stuffed a strand of hair behind my ear, it was frustrating not to be able to tell in a few lines what I thought. "I mean that Onew is ready to marry, so don't care much what happens with Luna."

"Okay. I will trust you, and letting that aside, so... You hit Hyorin, huh? Jinwoo told me. She deserved it."

"Thanks!" I smiled. At least in this Sam was on my side.

"Give him a chance, Julie. Maybe Onew will change this twisted idea you have about love. Ha."

"Love?" I winced. "You should stop watching so many dramas if I'm not there, Sammy, you're sounding cheesy."

"Rude! You're lucky I love you. I gotta go, girl. Too much work. And Danny said we should get together to have a video call while we have dinner. Call her. Okay? Bye."

Sighing deeply, I dropped my shoulders and tried that my face don't reflect the nostalgia i felt. But before i start to feel bad about myself, my phone vibrated in my pocket. When I had it in my hands, Onew's name illuminated the screen. I looked up and tried to find his before reading the message, but the music played and they were still moving at their own pace.

A vignette appeared under his name in the message section.

"Would you like to go out with me, angel?"

I laughed quietly, only he could do things like this. But I wanted to know how far this game would come.

"No."

Pretending we were not in the same room, I tried not to see his reaction i and continued looking the laptop. I wanted to laugh as much as I was doing it inside.

"I think I wrote wrong. What was my question?"

I frowned, Onew did funny and strange things sometimes.

"Would you like to go out with me?"

He answered in seconds.

"You are easy to fool, angel. Yes, I would go out with you."

My mouth fell open. He just fooled me like that? I watched the mirror until our eyes met. I nodded slightly admitting my defeat, it was a good move. The mirror reflected his smile just when the song ended. Thirsty, the boys were dropped on the couch and on the floor with water bottles in his hands. Except Onew, who was still watching my reflection; his hands in his pockets, and a winning smile. While the boys took a moment to breathe properly, I left the laptop aside and got up to walk towards him.

Onew was not all innocence and tenderness, and that made him more fun than I thought.

"You tricked me." I crossed my arms, still talking to his reflection.

"It was fun, right?" He laughed. "So... Where are we going? Where would you like to go?"

"I don't know." I answered thoughtfully; i had accepted easy considering it had been a trap.

"I know where we can go." He said in an enthusiastic tone.

I knew what he meant to see his eyes.

"Chicken!"

"Pizza!" I said with the same joy, right at the same time as him. I let out a laugh when he looked at confused. "Okay. Let's eat chicken."

"No. I'll be a good boyfriend. Let's eat pizza."

I nodded and looked away uncomfortably. Boyfriend?

"Are we invited?" Jonghyun asked from across the room, sitting on the couch. "Or it is exclusively for couples?"

"Couples." Onew giggled, with his eye smile.

Sitting on the floor with legs straight, Key growled through the mirror.

"That's rude."

Taemin chuckled.

"I think they should have a moment alone too." Minho said, lying on the floor, his head on Tae's belly. "Juliette is going to marry hyung, not with SHINee."

"Which is a pity." Jonghyun whispered, chuckling.

But maybe he wanted us to hear it and start a "discussion" with Minho, because he got up immediately, watching him with the same expression that Onew had just like the other. And just like that, they began to talk at once, as he said it was a joke, the others argued that it was not fun and he could not say things like that. I shook my head in disbelief at his behavior and stopped paying attention when my phone vibrated.

"This is so mature of you, guys." I laughed and they stop doing that. "But you continue, I will answer this message."

I walked out of the room and toward the hall; the walls was holding pictures of the company's bands. Pictures of the covers of their albums and awards. I stopped at an open door, and i realized it was another rehearsal room. With no one inside and risking myself of being caught, I entered, I saw my reflection in the mirror and thought that practicing of their choreography were very elaborate and fun. What does it feel like to be on stage? With so many people looking at you.

"Good morning, unnie!"

I turned toward the voice and saw Luna at the entrance of the room.

"Hi, Luna." I answered politely. I suddenly felt uncomfortable, not knowing if she was jealous as Sam said, or just trying to protect Onew.

Luna walked in and moved across the room to get to me. Although the mirror didn't reflect it, in my mind I saw the girl looked at me suspiciously.

"You're not for him, you know."

Her comment took me by surprise, but I decided to play along "We have been dating for years." and remain calm as she did.

"Why are you saying that? And how could you know that?"

The mirror reflected no expression on her part. 

"Because I know him, and you too. You two are totally different."

"Well, there's no rule that says that people should be equal to have a relationship." I answered quietly. I didn't like lying about the false relationship between Onew and me. For that reason and although she would never know, I started talking about couples in general.

"I think we should make this easier..." She turned toward me, forcing me to do it too. "You should tell Onew oppa you can not marry him."

"What?" I frowned in confusion. Then I knew that this was not about Onew and her, this was about her and me. "Are you kidding? Why would i say that?"

"You must realize. You're not good for him. Do you think we don't know the problems you had in the U.S, all the problems you made?"

I didn't stop looking at her, although my stomach tightened at the thought that artists from here talked about what she said. Not all was true, but they didn't know it.

"This is not about me or what I did before. Don't try to find an excuse to hide your little crush. I'm really sorry, Luna, but Onew chose to be with me. I can not do anything about it."

I tried to walk out but she blocked the way with her arm up.

"I just don't want him to get hurt."

"If you want this to end you say that to Onew, Luna." I said to her tensing my jaw, i was beginning to lose patience. "Because you're talking to the wrong person."

Celebrity or not, I will not let her treat me as she wanted, but she saw that in me, because she smiled.

"Are you losing patience? Is that what happened before? You can not handle the truth?"

I wasn't going to give her the pleasure of being right.

"This attempt to end the engagement is pathetic, Luna." I stared at her. "You're pathetic."

Given end the conversation, I tried to take a step, but she raised an arm again.

"I have not finished."

"Well, i did. Move."

"No."

"I won't repeat that, Luna."

"Or what?"

"Don't play with me." I took her wrist and put it away from me, but not bothering to let her go. "Don't talk about me or what you think that happened that night." I approached her. "Because you don't have the faintest idea of what really happened."

As if i had said something good, she smiled and pushed my hand away with a jerk.

"You made it too easy for me."

And she totally changed her expression; and then she began to cry while saying i should not talk to her like that. I watched at her totally confused, surprised, thinking that this was not going to end well.

"What happened here?!" Key was the first to enter and observed us both before walking toward me. "Are you okay, Juliette? Are you hurt?"

I opened and closed my mouth, but i didn't know how to respond to what was happening. Key was followed by the other members, followed by the girls of F(x).

"Oppa!" Luna whined getting close to Onew. "Juliette unnie brought me here and told me not to approach you."

"That's not true." I watched all those who were expecting an answer. "I was here when you came in, Luna, and i said nothing."

"Luna..." Victoria said, watching her seriously. "Tell us what really happened."

"That's a lie." She shook her head, her acting skills made her eyes began to crystallize. "She even hurt me."

She lifted her sleeve, showing a small red line that i made. When Onew saw it, for the first time since I met him, he had changed his way to look at me.

"What's wrong with you, Juliette? You can not do that."

"I didn't mean it. I didn't..." I closed my mouth, i was not going to mention in front of everyone that she had used the right words to provoke me on purpose.

She had planned everything and I fell into her trap.

"You didn't...?" He asked skeptical. "Say you're sorry, Juliette."

I wanted to laugh, but i knew it would make things worse. This conversation had left everyone speechless. 

"Yes, of course i will." I said sarcastically. "I did exactly what she did to me, so I don't see why I have to."

"That's not true, unnie. I didn't do anything to you."

I stared at her in disbelief, there was a feeling of helplessness burning in my chest because i couldn't prove what had happened.

"Don't be spoiled, Juliette." He felt ashamed of what I had done, or that's what I saw in his eyes. "Apologize to Luna." 

Spoiled... That was a word I heard a lot.

"No." I had enough of this. No more problems with people who didn't understand the situation. I would not continue to endure ill-treatment. "Is this what I will have to endure? Because I have respect for myself to know this will continue. I've seen a lot of Lunew..." And added firmly. "And I don't have to endure this."

Trying to not look surprised, i looked at Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun and Chen at the door.

And Baek shook his head.

"Juliette..." Minho said softly, trying to get my attention.

He was trying to stop me like Baek from saying what they seemed to guess i was going to say. But this was all; this was my moment.

"I don't want to marry you." I said without hesitation.

Onew looked at me with surprise and fear, because his eyes expressed everything. The boys looked at me in surprise as well, the girls held her hands to her lips, and i didn't need to mention the discreet smile that Luna had.

"Juliette..." Onew whispered approaching me.

I stepped back and shook my head at him. She had won, so I walked between them and left the room. I smiled at my friends and nodded trying to tell them that everything was going to be okay when i saw their sad expressions.

And i just walked away from there.

FLASHBACK

"It was you who didn't tell us you were engaged with hyung." Baekhyun crossed his arms over his chest, under the gaze of his group. "Dishonest! You could tell us that you knew about the idol's life."

"And you're angry with me?" Juliette asked in disbelief. "Did you hear what he said? He must keep it secret to avoid causing inconvenience to the fans. I thought you'd know understand considering that we did the same with the friendship that you started!"

"Guys, stop." Chanyeol stood among them. "We will solve this problem as people."

"No!" They said at the same time, and the happy virus got upset for the first in his life.

But the discussion ended in a promise; Juliette would go to see them to the rehearsal room every time she could.

FLASHBACK ENDS.

I didn't know where, i just ran away from there.


Hi.
I hope you like this chapter and is dedicated to my cousin Ale, who really loves Exo. They are really amazing and i enjoy their music too.
In my fictional story, i want them to be good friends with Juliette, because they seems really cool and funny guys.
And about Luna, this is fiction and i needed an antagonist. But I really love her voice, she's beautiful and give me goosebumps when she does high notes. Just like Onew when he sings ballads.
Maybe i'm just jealous of the good relation they have TT^TT  XD

(This gif is not mine. But thanks to the fans who post it for us.)