Movement 5

Rebel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It took almost half an hour, but all of us were (finally) ready to eat soon enough. Suho led the group to a little coffee shop called Muse on the corner of my street.

It was a cute cafe-style place with a cream colored front door and black shutters that covered the little windows. Various types of flowers were neatly arranged in plant beds out front and on the sidewalk was a chalkboard sign that encouraged customers to order the house special, something called the Muse Creation. There was a drawing of what appeared to be a guitar sinking in a cup that went along with it. All together, this place seemed really cool. Plus, it's COFFEE.

You have no idea how happy I was to find that a coffee shop was within walking distance of my apartment. Life is so much easier when you can face the day with caffeine and sugar.

The inside of the cafe was even cuter than the outside. Each wall was a different pastel color, ranging from a delicate baby blue to the lightest shade of ballerina pink I'd ever seen. Silver swirls accented the tiny shop, which really tied all the separate colors together, and pictures of idols were scattered across the room. Upon closer inspection, I realized that each picture was signed by the idol. Each one of these celebrities must have ordered something from here before. Before I could get too fangirly over a picture Shinee sipping bubble teas, I noticed the booths and table. Every place had a unique theme. One of the tables in the front looked like a jungle, with the chairs painted to represent different animals, like a zebra, and the table painted to look like it was covered in leaves. Another table had a supernatural theme, another had an old movie theme, and so on. I think my favorite was the superhero themed booth. The table was a collage of many comic book covers and the vinyl of the booth had been screen printed with a wide array of heroes. It was awesome. 

As I was taking all of this in, I hadn't noticed Sehun, Chen, Chanyeol, and Suho were already at the counter talking to an excited looking cashier. I couldn't blame her. I'd be excited too if I saw boys as hot as these four. Especially at 7:00 AM when there's nothing else to do but regret taking the early shift.

"Okay, guys, what do you want?" Suho asked us, pulling out his wallet. "And remember, Chanyeol. Nothing with too much sugar or you'll be crashing at noon. No one wants to hear you grump all day about how horrible you feel."

"Hyung, you hurt me in the deepest part of my heart! You never let me have the good stuff," Chanyeol pouted and crossed his arms. I turned to Chen.

"It's amazing. That guy is six feet tall and has the voice of a 30 year old chain smoker, and yet he acts like a little kid," I said, shaking my head in astonishment. Chanyeol really is something.

"Yeah, he's quite the guy. Just wait a minute and you'll get to see what he's like when he's amped up on sugar."

"But Suho-ssi said-"

"Look."

Sure enough, Suho had given up on taming Chanyeol and ordered him a giant chocolate cinnamon muffin and a large mocha with five pumps of chocolate syrup and extra whip cream covered in chocolate shavings.

"Thanks hyung!" Chanyeol grinned at Suho and skipped to a Pororo themed booth in the corner of the shop. Suho wore a pained expression as he watched him move away, but shook it off.

"Okay. Chen and Sehun. What is it for you?"

"Okay hyung. It's very simple. I want an iced vanilla latte with soy milk- no wait. Scratch that. I want a sugar-free half-caff cappuchino, hold the whip cream, with lots of toffee nut drizzle. Actually, change that to full sugar. And I want the whip cream," Chen said, tapping his chin with one finger. Suho just stared at him with his mouth open. 

"Is that all?" he asked weakly. I felt that. I wasn't even sure what Chen had just said.

"Um, no. I changed my mind again. I want a salted caramel white chocolate mocha, without the white chocolate. Replace it with dark chocolate. And a blueberry muffin! I know Mina likes blueberries so we can share it," Chen winked at me. 

"Um, no," I repeated what he said, making a face. Suho stifled a giggle at Chen's shocked expression while Sehun played with his phone. 

"Why don't you want to share with me? Is it because of earlier when I helped you cleaned off Sehun's throw up? Are you scared it's still on me? Because I'm totally clean now. I used your blueberry scented soap, shampoo, AND face wash. I also used your toothbrush, so it's like we're already married. I am CLEAN. I don't know about Sehun, though. I bet he's still dirty," Chen said. I wasn't sure which part of his speech to react to first; his use of my toothbrush, or his assumption that we were going to get married. Before I could choose what to yell at him about first, Sehun blanched.

"I threw up on Mina-ssi?" he asked, disbelief coloring his tone. He was already fair, but his face looked absolutely white now. 

"Yeah," I said nonchalantly. It was gross, but it's not like he could control it. "It's okay though. I got cleaned up and I scrubbed the carpet already."

"Oh my god," he muttered. He put his hands up to his face and hid behind them.

"Sehun?"

"Just let him be, Mina-ssi. Let him face who he truly is," Chen said wisely, patting Sehun on the back. 

"Can I have a salted caramel, uh, frappuchino, with some, um, extra whip cream and blueberries on the top?"

I have to give it to Suho. He really tried with that order. 

"Hyung! That's not what I said! That's stupid, hyung. Who orders blueberries on top of their coffee? Geez. I'll just have a double chocolate frappuchino with a glazed donut," Chen told the baffled cashier. She nodded and the order was ready in seconds.

"Stupid hyung. Making such an easy order all messed up," Chen said to himself as he walked away to our table with his food.

Suho sighed. "Okay, Sehun. The usual?"

Sehun, who was still hiding his face, nodded. I couldn't see past the hands covering his face, but his ears were really red. Is he blushing? Is this stoic guy seriously blushing?

"Alright. One small black coffee and a cream cheese danish, please," Suho said. Um, what? Black coffee?

"Wait, Suho-ssi. Sehun-ssi can't really take his coffee black, can he?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah, he does. Black as Chen's soul," Suho muttered darkly.  

"Does he hate himself?"

Suho let out a startled laugh. "Watch."

Sehun took his order with one hand, the other covering his face best it could, and strode over to a counter that had the cream, sugar, honey, napkins, and anything else customers might need. We watched as he took off the lid that keeps the coffee hot and poured not one, not two, but five creamers into his coffee. He followed it with six sugars. Not even the fake, Splenda sugar in the yellow packets either. Actual sugar from a glass canister. 

"Jesus," I whispered, shaking my head in awe.

"He's not even done. Just wait."

Suho was right. Sehun wasn't finished. He took a little plastic spoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter