The Worst Luck

My Best Friend's Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hair… check! Outfit…… check! Bomi’s killer charisma………………. I guess… check?”
questioned Bomi as she stood in front of her full-length mirror, playing with her curls and tugging at her black striped cardigan.

 

‘Ahh, let’s face it… I wouldn’t be any more ready for this date than if I was the one that was actually going on it…” she sighed to herself.

 

It was already a well-established fact amongst the girls that Bomi had no experience in the dating world. The closest she had ever even come to dating boys was a random phone number slipped to her or a few stolen glances or flirtations. Obviously, her lack of experience led to Bomi being a major wreck when it came to actually talking to a boy romantically. She had once snorted her drink all over some poor guy’s face in her sad attempt to laugh cutely… and this was one of her less mortifying embarrassments.

 

“What am I thinking…? I just have to woo him enough so that he doesn’t leave. He doesn’t even actually have to like me.” and so with that thought, Bomi decided that she had been worrying for nothing. She could talk for hours with her guy-friends, so that’s just what she was going to do, reduce him to the role of a potential friend. Her conclusion and professed plan did nothing to the knots in her stomach or the sweat dripping down her brow though.

 

‘Ahh chincha… Woo?! Great, you don’t even know this guy, and he has you talking like you’re straight outta a Shakespearean play.’ Thought Bomi, shaking her head at herself.

 

“Get a hold of yourself, Bomi! This isn’t a real date… This isn’t a real date…” Bomi shut her eyes tightly and began chanting to herself.

 

Her eyes shot open after repeating her mantra and she twirled one last time in front of the mirror.

 

“OKAY, GIRL!” Bomi started her mini pep-talk with the utmost confidence. “LET’S DO THI—“

 

“HEY!” shouted Eunji in a tone that was louder than it truly had to be.

 

“AAAAAAAAHH!!” the poor girl tripped over her hairbrush, realizing that she was caught in her little reverie.

 

Eunji had been stifling her laughter in Bomi’s open doorway, deciding when she should interrupt her clearly distracted best friend. At the moment, she was busy finding Bomi’s oh-so-graceful spill to be hysterical, to even bother to help her up.

 

“Thanks for that, Eunji. I so needed a heart attack right when I was working up courage to go on your date!” Bomi stated sarcastically while smiling thinly at the girl.

 

“Ahh haha mianhae Bomi, I just couldn’t pass up a good opportunity ^.^” apologized Eunji. “Are you ready to go to the park yet??”

 

Eunji and her penpal had decided on a casual date at the park, where they agreed to just call it by ear and see where the day takes them. Well, technically, Eunji had suggested this, so that Bomi could essentially pick and choose without having to fully adhere to a some overly complicated schedule.

 

"Yes.. well, I mean..” Bomi flitted about the room nervously, grabbing anything and everything that she thought she would need and sticking it into her purse.

 

‘Band-aids… waterbottle… scarf?! Umm……… candy bars?!?’

 

“I… No… Umm… YES! I mean… AHH OTTOKE….”

 

Eunji sat there on the corner of the bed watching her best friend get more and more frantic by the second, as one pm, the time of their scheduled date, got closer and closer.

 

"EUNJI!!!” Bomi exclaimed, waving candy bars in Eunji’s face. “Your penpal doesn’t have a history of low blood sugar, right?!”

 

“Yaaa, don’t be nervous! And just be yo—“ started Eunji as she lowered Bomi’s hands.

 

“Yeah, yeah… I know, Be yourself! I might as well start getting to know him now since we’ll be seeing a lot of each other after you guys finally get together…” interrupted Bomi cheekily, still picking up random tidbits to stuff into her bag.

 

“Ahh don’t get ahead of yourself now, Bomi… Like I said before, we don’t know if he’ll even like me…” Eunji remarked, still smiling… but just a bit wistfully.

 

“Eunji-ah, you should get a headstart by going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter