Chunky Monkey Self-Soothing

My Best Friend's Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Okay… so maybe leading the conversation with the whole nosebleed debacle was not the best way to start off the conversation about Eunji’s possible/future boyfriend, especially without context… and okay… maybe as her best friend, Bomi should have seen this coming, since Eunji often liked to peel off her band-aids at painstakingly slow rates (rather than rip ‘em off quickly). Quite possibly the biggest factor that should have deterred Bomi from hitting her with the bad news so fast was Eunji’s penchant for drama, which right now would be a good time to add that Eunji did not actually faint (but more so, she feigned fainting).

 

“Yaaa… Eun-ma Watson, your acting is amazing.” Bomi droned sarcastically as Eunji sat slumped over the counter. “And by the way, he reacted really well to it since it was an accident...”

 

There was no response from the slumped-over Eunji, not even a twitch of indication that she had heard anything that was just said. Bomi came closer to examine her best friend… I mean, she couldn’t really have fainted, right? She poked her arm a few times, just for good measure.

 

“Eunji-ah…” she paused, getting closer to the girl’s head. “Did you rea—“

 

“YAAA!!!” Eunji shot up as quick as she could with the sole intention of scaring Bomi. “Eun-ma Watson was seriously the best you could come up with?? Chincha?! It’s barely clever.”

 

“Oh… my… GOD…” the poor girl stood clutching her chest, flushed with surprise before the anger began settling in. “JUNG EUNJI, EUN-MA WATSON WAS A PERFECTLY PUNNY-ISH REMARK!!”

 

“Arasso… It was perfectly punny…” Eunji replied half-heartedly. “And… a heart attack for a heart attack!!”

 

“You should already know that I prefer the sandwich method! Y’know… good fact, bad fact, good…” Eunji smiled sheepishly, feeling just bit guilty for jump-scaring Bomi. “You don’t just hit me with what is presumably—hopefully—the worst part of your date AKA MY DATE, and not preface it with an explanation…”

 

“Yaa! I—“ Bomi stopped mid-sentence realizing that her best friend did have a valid point. Bomi was just so wrapped up in the fact that she possibly got friend-zoned (albeit, in place of Eunji), and that she may have more or less ruined her best friend’s pen-pal relationship (despite how she thought the date went). Plain and simple, Bomi just hadn’t been thinking…

 

“Fine…” she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. “Maybe I deserved it… but I barely deserved it, considering what I did for you today!”

 

“And… you are correct!” Eunji smiled sincerely at her best friend, her face devoid of any mischief. “And to show you that I am oh-so-grateful, we’re gonna get comfy with two hot bowls of budae jjigae and you, my dear, are going to fill me in on everything!”

 

“You got me…” Bomi’s eyes widened as she watched her best friend leave the room, only to come back with a rather large bag of takeout.

 

“Tada!!” she handed the bag to a starry-eyed Bomi. “Your favorite…”

 

“Eunji-ah… Gomawo…” Bomi beamed, touched by Eunji’s actions. Her best friend had thought of her and despite the jumpscare, was thankful for what she did.

 

“Chincha… I should be saying that to you.” Eunji replied as she watched Bomi untie the knotted plastic bag so that she could heat up the stew. Eunji truly meant it, and she’d be damned if she wasn’t going to give Bomi a few consolation prizes aside from the 2ne1 cd that she had promised…

 

After all the food was finally hot and ready (with Bomi practically drooling from just the smell) and both bowls were brought out to the living room, the pair settled into the couches so that Eunji could finally hear about her soulmate in the “first-person”. Before Bomi could get on with her story though, Eunji had one thing to say.

 

“By the way…” she put her finger on her chin, pretending to think really hard. “Doesn’t Eunji-lina Jolie sound sooo much better than Eun-ma Watson??”

 

The question earned a pillow to the face from our lovely Bomi to our silly Eunji.

 

“YAAA!!! Do you want me to tell you about this date or not?!”

 

And at that remark, Eunji got comfortable with her bowl of food, sat down, and shut up.

 

 

“Ottoke…” muttered Ilhoon in an apartment not too far away from our leading heroines. Since Minhyuk was supposed to be at his parent’s house for the next few days, Ilhoon had arrived to an empty home. Quite honestly, it actually didn’t bother him much because he seriously wasn’t in the mood to talk about the date anyway.

 

“How am I supposed to start that conversation anyway…?” he placed his keys on the kitchen counter and began to pace across the kitchen floor. “Ohh… right… Minhyuk-ah, your date was perfect. You have the perfect girl… Oh and by the way, she’s so perfect that I might even have a crush on her…”

 

A wave of guilt passed over him and Ilhoon stopped abruptly… Was he crazy?? In what world wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter