Let's See Your Tile

Of Ghosts and DIY

Seunghyun hadn't seen Heechul for three weeks, and he hated it. He missed the man's intelligence and sharp tongue. His looks were icing on an already perfect cake. Unfortunately. Seunghyun just couldn't afford it. He finally got the money from the small house, and along with rebuilding the foundation he had to replace the flooring the the third guest bedroom. And while the room certainly looked better and felt lighter, Seunghyun was unable to obtain Heechul's company. His funds were too low.

 

 

 

The house had been quiet lately. Or at least Seunghyun hadn't noticed anything. He worked himself hard during the day, and in the evenings he was so bone tired that after a quick shower and a quick, lazy dinner he would fall into bed and sleep until dawn.

 

 

Now that the foundation was finished and sturdy, Seunghyun was going to turn his attention to Heechul's powder room. He'd found a bunch of honeycomb tiles for cheap and he was going to start tiling today. After throwing out his lunch trash Seunghyun headed towards the powder room. His journey was halted, however, by a knock at the door.

 

“Seunghyun!”

 

Seunghyun slammed the door and turned away. Unfortunately, that didn't deter his two unwelcome guests- they came in anyway.

 

“Aw, is that anyway to treat your friends?” The blonde whined.

 

“We were never friends, Seungri. You ing Jiyong ensured that would never happen.” He then rounded on his ex. “What the are you two even doing here?”

 

Jiyong shrugged. “Seungri wanted to see you.”

 

 

 

Before Seunghyun could reply, there was another knock at the door. His grumbles died away in his throat- a casual, fresh faced Heechul stood on the steps. He was dressed in a white t-shirt and jeans, his hair pulled back. He didn't have a stitch of makeup on, a backpack was strapped to his back, and sunglasses were perched on his head.

 

Seunghyun didn't even try to hold back his pleased smile. “Hi.”

 

“Heechul smiled back. “Hi. I brought presents.”

 

Seunghyun moved aside to let Heechul in. “Are you the present?”

 

“One of them,” Heechul winked. “I also brought tile for the powder room.”

 

“I have tile already.”

 

“Uh-oh.”

 

 

 

Their banter was interrupted by a throat being cleared. Seunghyun and Heechul turned and looked at the other occupants.

 

“I'm sorry, I didn't realize you had guests.”

 

Unwelcome guests,” Seunghyun corrected. “The brunette is my ex-boyfriend, Jiyong. The blonde is the guy he'd been ing behind my back.”

 

“I'm Seungri,” Seungri huffed.

 

“Pleasure, I'm sure,” Heechul replied. He turned back to Seunghyun. “Let's see your tile.”

 

 

 

Seunghyun walked over to the powder room and picked up what looked like a sheet of tile. The honeycomb tiles were white with small black clusters- that almost looked like black flowers- dispersed throughout.

 

“Oh, Seunghyun,” Heechul said, sounding disappointed. “Not for a powder room.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Where's the glamour?”

 

Seunghyun crossed his arms. “Let's see what you've got.”

 

Heechul eased his backpack off. It fell to the floor with a thunk and Seunghyun raised his eyebrows. Reaching into his backpack. Heechul pulled out two white, rectangular tiles. “Subway tile.”

 

Seunghyun took the tile from Heechul, weighing them in his hands and studying them. He moved back into the powder room, holding the tile up to the wall, then crouching to the floor, and studying some more. Finally, he emerged. “They're perfect,” he smiled.

 

Heechul rolled his eyes. “Obviously.”

 

“Where did you get them?”

 

Heechul scrunched his nose. “Lou's?”

 

Seunghyun nodded. “How much?”

 

“Fifty bucks. There's 250 tiles there.”

 

 

 

Seunghyun's eyes widened. “How the hell did you get tile that cheap?”

 

Heechul shrugged. “I his .”

 

Seunghyun's jaw dropped. While trying to think of something to say, Seunghyun noticed Heechul smirking, an eyebrow raised. He relaxed, laughing. “You're so full of .”

 

Heechul laughed delightedly. “And you were jealous.”

 

“I was not!”

 

“You so were! Awww, Hyunnie!” Heechul wrapped his arms around Seunghyun's neck, making kissy faces, which Seunghyun tried to avoid. “I think you like me! Is it love?”

 

 

 

A different laugh broke their game. Seungri and Jiyong stood nearby, watching. Heechul released Seunghyun.

 

“You're still here?”

 

Jiyong shrugged.

 

Seunghyun sighed. Walking over, he grasped Seungri by the arm. “Time to go,” he growled, opening the door and shoving the blonde out.

 

“Seunghyun, be nice,” Jiyong scolded. “He really looks up to you.”

 

“And I really don't care,” Seunghyun snarled, motioning with his head towards the door. “Beat it.”

 

Jiyong sighed but left without another word, Seunghyun slamming the door behind him.

 

 

 

Sighing and rubbing his face, Seunghyun sat on the staircase. Heechul sat next to him, pressing his knee gently into Seunghyun's.

 

“You okay?”

 

“Yeah. I just don't why they insist on constantly stopping by. I don't want to see either of them. I hate them both.”

 

“According to Jiyong, Seungri likes you.”

 

Seunghyun snorted. “ing my boyfriend isn't the best way to show me. I'm trying to get over Jiyong, I really am, but them always tracking me down makes that difficult.”

 

They were quiet for a few moments before Heechul said, “Oh god. You don't think Seungri wants a , do you?”

 

“He's such a horned up aficionado, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.”

 

 

 

They fell silent again.

 

“I haven't seen you in a while,” Heechul said gently.

 

Seunghyun sighed. “I know. The third bedroom flooring was an expenditure I wasn't planning on. I'm sorry.”

 

“You don't have to apologize,” Heechul replied softly. “I was just afraid you were tired of me.”

 

“Not at all,” Seunghyun reassured. “I missed you, believe me. Your wit-”

 

“Just that?” Heechul teased.

 

Seunghyun smiled before continuing. “Your smile, your beautiful teasing humor. But aside from low funds, I'm just exhausted.”

 

 

 

“Any more strange goings-on?”

 

“If there have been, I haven't noticed. From repairing the foundation to replacing the floor it's been so noisy and crowded. In the evenings I sleep so heavily nothing wakes me.”

 

“That's good,” Heechul replied. “Wanna have ?” He waggled his eyebrows.

 

Seunghyun laughed. It felt like it had been ages, and it had been- since he last saw Heechul. “You really have a one-track mind, don't you?”

 

“When it comes to you, yes. Didn't we go over this last time?”

 

Seunghyun just shook his head.

 

 

 

They stared out of the windows, watching the sun set.

 

“How about a kiss?” Seunghyun offered.

 

“Just one?” Heechul pouted.

 

Seunghyun chuckled before cupping Heechul's face and pulling him in for a kiss.

 


Seunghyun's tile:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

 

Heechul's tile:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic