Now That I Can Appreciate

Of Ghosts and DIY

Seunghyun blushed. “Uh....”

 

Heechul smiled. “Aww, you're shy.” he slung an arm around Seunghyun's neck. “I can work with that.” He leaned up to give Seunghyun a little peck. “How about some wine?” He held up a bottle.

 

Seunghyun smiled back, looking relieved. “Now that I can appreciate.”

 

What?” Heechul scoffed. “Not me?”

 

Seunghyun turned to Heechul, walking backwards towards the kitchen, motioning Heechul to follow. “Yes, but wine relaxes my nerves, whereas you make me nervous.”

 

Heechul's smirk returned as he moved towards Seunghyun, who had wiggled his eyebrows and turned around again.

 

 

 

The kitchen was clean, except for the forgotten sander still on the floor. Seunghyun was searching through the drawers and frowning.

 

I don't have a corkscrew,” he muttered. “Why don't I have a corkscrew?”

 

Here,” Heechul fished a miniature one from his pocket. “Just moving in?”

 

Seunghyun worked the cork, grinning broadly at the pop. “Rehabbing. It's how I make my living. I buy old homes, fix them up, and sell them at a profit.” He poured the first glass and breathed it in. He smiled, and passed the glass to Heechul. “This is a good wine.”

 

Heechul inhaled the scent of the wine and took a sip. “Not bad. I'll have to thank that cute clerk at the liquor store. I told him I need a good wine for a hot date.”

 

Seunghyun blushed but managed to swallow his mouthful of wine before choking.

 

Heechul smirked. “What are you working on over there?” he asked, tilting his head towards the sander.

 

Cabinets,” Seunghyun mumbled. “Let's go into the living room.” Seunghyun linked their fingers and pulled Heechul into the other room.

 

 

 

 

Sitting on the couch, Heechul was practically in Seunghyun's lap. He feathered his fingers over Seunghyun's lips. “Man, you're gorgeous,” he said, leaning in for a kiss.

 

Whoa,” Seunghyun pulled back.

 

What?” Heechul asked. “Too fast?”

 

Actually... I was hoping we could just... talk?”

 

What,” Heechul demanded. “Are you seriously one of those s who calls escorts just to talk?”

 

Seunghyun lifted an eyebrow. “Yes?”

 

Heechul huffed and flopped back, blowing his bangs out of his face.

 

Is that such a bad thing?”

 

Yes! I want to get laid and you're hot and I'm hot and the would be even hotter! And you're ing me!” Heechul pouted.

 

Seunghyun blushed again, but before he could respond, he heard the familiar sounds of footsteps and giggles from upstairs.

 

Heechul turned and glared at him. “There are people here? Lovely. I don't truck with audiences. Or threesomes.”

 

Seunghyun shook his head. “There's no one here but us.”

 

More footsteps and giggles and Heechul gave Seunghyun a look.

 

Seunghyun sighed. “You wouldn't believe me if I told you.”

 

Heechul's face softened, and he looked attentive. “Try me,” he whispered.

 

My house is haunted,” Seunghyun answered softly.

 

 

 

Really?” Heechul asked excitedly. He turned his body towards Seunghyun and folded his legs Indian-style. “Tell me everything,” he demanded.

 

Seunghyun raised an eyebrow, but still told Heechul his experiences. He expected at every moment for Heechul to laugh at him, but it was still nice to unburden himself to someone not involved.

 

I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was still pretty creepy when it happened.”

 

Especially the thing with the sander,” Heechul replied. He looked around him. “It makes sense, though. Whenever you do construction on an old home it tends to wake up any lingering spirits.”

 

Seunghyun nods. “Do you study ghosts or something?”

 

I study television.”

 

So, what now?”

 

 

 

More noises come from upstairs- this time with a sound like something being knocked over. Seunghyun is startled off the couch, staring at the ceiling. Heechul eases off the couch as well.

 

Any ideas?” he asked softly.

 

No,” Seunghyun answered. “I don't have any furniture upstairs except for a mattress.”

 

Let's go see!”

 

Seunghyun grabbed Heechul's wrist. “That's... that's not really necessary. We can just stay down here, drink some wine...”

 

Heechul whirled around, a mischievous grin on his lips. “You're scared!”

 

Seunghyun spluttered.

 

You are! You're a total scaredy cat!”

 

I AM NOT A SCAREDY CAT, I'M JUST SCARED!”

 

Heechul laughed delightedly and Seunghyun flushed. Walking over, Heechul linked his arm with Seunghyun's. “Come along, Mr. Choi. I shall you,” he wiggled his eyebrows, “upstairs and we shall see what we can find.”

 

 

 

 

Heechul led Seunghyun slowly up the stairs, flipping on lights as they went. Everything was quiet. A curtain ruffled, and Heechul reached out only to have Seunghyun tug his wrist. Raising an eyebrow, Heechul leaned forward, and shut the window. The curtain went still.

 

Shut up,” Seunghyun mumbled.

 

Aw, sweetie,” Heechul cooed, leaning over and pecking Seunghyun's cheek. “It seems like you need to replace the windows.”

 

I did,” Seunghyun replied. “Right after having the utilities . All the windows in this house are brand new.”

 

Well, maybe this one needs to be replaced again.”

 

Maybe.”

 

Heechul noticed that Seunghyun seemed lighter and more relieved as they moved down the hallway. “What are these rooms?”

 

Guest bedrooms. I'll work on them last. My next project is to rebuild the foundation. That will only happen if one of my other homes sell. In the meantime, I have some smaller projects around the house to keep me occupied.”

 

 

 

Heechul stops in front of the last door. “What's in here?”

 

Seunghyun flushed. “My bedroom.”

 

Heechul grinned widely and stopped inside. The room was barren- only a mattress on the floor and a duffel bag. But that's not what catches Heechul's attention. “It's a turret room!” he exclaimed, smiling.

 

Seunghyun smiled, and Heechul happily noted his dimples. “I have a lot of plans for this room. Bright colors- maybe a yellow, or a soft blue or green. I think in the turret I'm going to put a sitting area.”

 

Heechul grinned, and stretched out on the mattress. He his lips. “Sounds lovely. Now, since I solved your window problem, how about we...” he waggled his eyebrows.

 

Seunghyun chuckled. “You're really hell bent on that, huh?”

 

Heechul stretched his arms above his head, his shirt sliding up his torso. “Mmm, can you blame me? Have you seen yourself, baby? You're exquisite. Your muscles, your arms. I'd love to have those strong hands all over me.”

 

Before Heechul could continue, a ping sounded from his pocket. He fished out a cell phone and groaned. “Time's up.”

 

Already?”

 

Yup. You only paid for one hour.”

 

Seunghyun offered a hand to Heechul and Heechul took it, pouting as he stood. “I'll walk you to the door.”

 

 

 

 

Thanks for the company, and making me feel like I'm not crazy,” Seunghyun smiled shyly.

 

Heechul kissed softly. “Don't let Casper keep you up too late, Scaredy Cat.”

 

Seunghyun scowled but couldn't help the grin that worked its way through. He turned Heechul around and sent him off with a smack on the .