SUHO

EXODUS

MARSEILLE 10:22

I woke up due to my phone violently vibrating in my hand from where I had fallen asleep. The silver cover blinked a message icon. I tossed the phone aside and leaned my head back on the couch arm rest and yawned.

I squint my eyes outside in the bright sunlight and felt this immense thirst for water. I walked into the bathroom and twisted the faucet on, but no water came out.

No. You can't do this to me... Not now. I must move out fast to find water and hide.

I looked up into the mirror with tired eyes. My upheaval hair was everywhere, stray hairs went in one direction then the other.

I dragged out my tired body to the outside world. I turned in circles scanning around my abandoned home. The concrete covered in dirt and dried up moss.

No water.

Walking out into the open field, I lifted my hands in hopes to feel any type of precipitation, but to only see the dried-up grass around me. It was like a desert in this moist and foggy day. There had to be some water somewhere nearby.

Please...

I'm just not going fast enough they would have found me by now. I need pick up the pace. I’m just so tired and dehydrated.

Still no water.

I walk along a path through the forest to see that it was looking almost as dry as the field of grass. No leaves on the trees.

Nothing.

I don't understand how they can survive without water. Water is a necessity for living.

I finally stumble on moist green grass and in the middle of it was a large empty swimming pool. Thunder clapped above and made the choice I step right in and stride across to the other side and sat down against the wall.

I can feel it coming. Water.

I close my eyes and just listened. I hear the faint drips of water from the sink dripping slowly down, down the drain. I can hear the water seep down into the ground replenishing all vegetation creeping closer.

The ocean.

The large wave crashed down inside the pool drenching me. I let it swallow me whole as I smile in relief.

I now hide in a blanket of water or did I trap myself in the abandoned city of the deep ocean?

Either way I was too slow, and they found me. There’s no more turning back.

I'm supposed to be on run and yet, I sit here in the comfort of this pool of the ocean

Let's just pray I can go to the place where they are, and water will take me there.