Seven Days (and counting)

too many ideas, too little time

Seven Days (and counting)

[or: Minseok misses having a destination]

Title: Seven Days (and counting)

pairing: (Xiuhan)

genre: slight angst (?), reflection. 

word count: -

warnings: none

summary: 

It's been several days since Luhan's departure and Minseok can't seem to move on, having given up on trying to live normally a long time ago. And all he does is stare out of the window as the seasons pass, remembering random moments from their trainee days and up until present time. It seems like the presence of Luhan had a bigger impact on the eldest hyung than he thought himself.

 

Excerpt:

Even though the city seemed as much as drained for colours with the fog that hid behind every corner, some shades of life still made it through. The leaves of the trees planted beside the pavements fell off, changing colours from green to red and orange before they lost life and blew off the trees, yellow. Minseok had seen them gradually change as he sat there, something he had never done before and couldn’t understand he hadn’t until then. The last years had gone in a blur and he almost hadn’t noticed it becoming autumn and then winter at all in between everything that happened. But this time he watched intently as it slowly changed, picking up on every slight change as there wasn’t anything else to do. When had he last done it like that? He hadn’t had this much time in ages. He didn’t really have time now either, but he ignored everyone who tried to approach him, so they had stopped trying.

Minseok had tried to live his life normally the first week, he really had. But his routines were too dependent on another, and he completely forgot to change them. It was only the fourth day when he cracked.

He had woken up, made two cups of coffee and sat down to have his usual breakfast. But that was where he first slipped, as he made two cups. He had put on his shoes as normal, preparing to get in the car to go to the studio. That was where he made his second mistake, waiting for the one that never came. He had practiced the dance-routine as usual, doing his best until break came along. That’s where his third slip-up happened, as he looked around for the one he usually went down to the cafeteria with. He came home and went through all the things he usually did, making sure that everyone went to bed safely as the eldest hyung. That’s where he made his fourth mistake, arranging their shoes for the next morning, confused as he only counted ten, not eleven (even though he would always secretly wish for there to be twelve). After that, Minseok couldn’t pretend everything was okay anymore.