Time Flies (and so does Minseok)

too many ideas, too little time

Time Flies (and so does Minseok)

[or: Minseok is sent on a mission to seek out someone he doesn't want to find.]

Title: Time Flies (and so does Minseok)

pairing: (Xiuhan, minor EXO-ships)

genre: slice of life, fantasy, slight angst

word count: -

warnings: none

summary: 

After living alone in the Dream Society since the dawn of time, Minseok is sent down to Earth by the Dreammaker to find his bond. There is one catch however: Minseok doesn't want to find him, but dies if he doesn't. But then a petite, doe-eyed boy comes along who might just change his view of things.

 

 


"Minseok," Hakyeon's previously cheery tone had changed, so suddenly serious that Minseok couldn't help but look up. And as soon as he did, he stared right into the eyes of the other, finding himself not able to tear his gaze away.
"Minseok, are you going to ignore the orders of the Dreammaker?"
"...no."
It was silent for a couple of seconds - Minseok knew Hakyeon had won, but still didn't want to acknowledge the fact that he had to go.
"I mean, I don't need it. I am happy. My division is great, and I don't need anything else."
"Do you realize that even though you are all together and know each other in and out, they will always put their bond over you? I'd die for everyone in my division, but I wouldn't want to live if Taekwoon died. Then I'd rather go down together with him." Hakyeon tried to reason, as the wings on his shoes flapped at low frequency. He had experienced it himself, starting to fade when Taekwoon came along - though somewhat confused and unwilling. In the end most without a bond started to question their own existence. Their bodies had no expiration-date, and they went on forever, their lives not seeing an end. At first everything would evolve around the Dreammaker and the assigned job, but after a while one started to look around, and the things revolving around oneself as well. One started to question if there was anything more than themselves in the eternity they had on their hands. Minseok had maybe persisted and still found meaning in his work until now, but some time he would fade or turn as well. Or so everyone seemed to believe.
"Then I won't drag anyone down with me when I die. And everyone can live on without me." Minseok forcibly turned he corners of his mouth upwards, smiling at his own reasoning.
Hakyeon on the other side, didn't seem neither convinced nor happy. "Seven may be the holy number Minseok, but there is a reason every divison either becomes eight or six, in the end."