Goddamnit, Baekhyun

too many ideas, too little time

 

Goddamnit, Baekhyun

[or: Baekhyun is a sly fox and Minseok wants to kill him]

Title: Goddamnit, Baekhyun

pairing: (Xiuhan, slight Taohun)

genre: comedy, crack

word count: -

warnings: none

summary: 

Baekhyun finally manages to drag Minseok outside their campus for a night of fun, but things quickly turns when Minseok becomes overconfident and Baekhyun sees his chance to embarrass him in the form of a pretty boy at the bar.

 

Excerpt:

 

“Hyung,” Baekhyun stated on his second glass. “You need to get a life,” He and Sehun had successfully dragged Minseok out on a Friday night, despite the latter’s protests that he had a test on Monday he needed to read to. Now people dancing surrounded them and strobe lights flickered as they tried to shout over the loud music. It gave him a headache but his two friends seemed to have the time of their life.

Minseok on the other hand, who wasn’t even done with his first glass, shot Baekhyun a glare. “I have a life. Just not one with huge student loans and a damaged liver,” he said. The way too loud music was killing his ears and people were too clingy for his liking, but Baekhyun looked into it there he stood and swayed beside Minseok. There stood by the bar in the outskirts of the dance floor, avoiding all the sweaty people sticking to each other. 

At Minseok’s comment, Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “That’s called not having a life. When was the last time you flirted with someone? Jeez, I bet you’ve never done it before.” He replied with a smirk.

Minseok gave him an unimpressed look and flicked the fringe he’d meant to cut forever out of his eyes. “For your information, I’m quite brilliant at flirting, really,” he emptied his glass in a swift motion, raising his eyebrows like Baekhyun had no idea how wrong he was.

Problem one: He wasn’t wrong.

Problem two: There was no way Minseok could take it back.

And it was there all Minseok’s pains started. He told himself that it was the drink’s fault that he became more daring. It had to be, because he usually held himself too good for such obvious taunting from Baekhyun. Nonetheless, done was done and now he was in way too deep.

The smirk on Baekhyun’s face revealed it all. “Well then, if you say so. You’ll have no problem demonstrating it?” it was a win-win situation for him, really. Either Minseok would have to eat his words and give up – something everyone knew his pride would never let him do, or he would have to go flirt with someone and make a complete fool out of himself. No matter what he chose, he would lose.

“I…” Minseok hesitated for a moment, before his pride ran over his rational thinking. “Of course, who do you think I am?” Good going, Minseok. Just go bury yourself already, he scolded himself.

Baekhyun’s eyebrows rose as he didn’t expect Minseok to accept his challenge, but shrugged it off as he’d get to have some fun before they left, at least. He scanned the club for a fitting person for Minseok to embarrass himself in front of, and found his target sitting alone by the bar. He couldn’t be any older than Baekhyun’s rather hopeless friend, and he had a somewhat small and thin frame. His light brown hair was brushed behind his ear, being about the length of Baekhyun’s own. He had a rather innocent face with soft features and doe eyes – Baekhyun could see it even from the opposite side of the bar, observing the guy from his side. He didn’t look too bad. Not too easy either, so Minseok would have to work a little bit as well. In other words, he was perfect.

“That one,” he mercilessly pointed at Minseok’s victim. “Go flirt with that guy. You’ve completed your mission when you get his name and number.”