Chapter 5

Golden Time
"Good morning, Midget!"
Baekhyun's mouth almost drop when he saw Chanyeol walking towards him with a bright smile on his face as if he didn't do something last night. He wants to shove his knuckles into the giant's face but he restrain hisself. He doesn't want to spend his day in the detention early in the morning. Instead, he chose to ignore the latter.
But before he could walk away, a firm hand gripped his arm and found his self in front of Chanyeol. He rolled his eyes. He bit his tongue to stop hisself from throwing words at the giant's face.
"Is there a problem?" Chanyeol asked, his brows are furrowed in confusion. His grip on Baekhyun's arm tightening.
Baekhyun wanted to laugh so he did. He didn't bother to stop hisself from doing so. Chanyeol looked more confuse than ever.
"You're the problem, . I don't want to see your face again." His words are dripping with venom. Every words that came out from his mouth sents spikes at the giant's chest.
"Why?" Chanyeol asked, frowning. His voice barely audible. He looks like he has been hit by a truck.
Baekhyun pulled his arm from Chanyeol's grasp.
"Ask yourself."
Baekhyun walked away. His chest is heavy with the emotion he can't explain. He's fuming mad at Chanyeol but as he saw the hurt at the latter's face, he had the urge to take back all of what he have said.
He sat in his chair with a loud thud and moments later, he heard another thud coming from his side. He saw Kyungsoo with a big frown on his face. He looked annoyed for a reason Baekhyun didn't know. Before he could ask, Kyunysoo looked at him. He realized they have the same expression on their face.
"I'm so done with Park Chanyeol!"
"I'm so done with Kim Jongin!"
They said in unison. After that, they found their self laughing together.
"So, what about Park Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo asked while wiping the tears in the corner of his eyes.
"Nah, you go first. It's really not a big deal. I want to know what happened between you and Jongin."
Kyungsoo huffs. He looked so tired and sad and it's all because of Kim Jongin. He made a mistake by falling in love with an and now he's dealing with the consequences.
"I don't know what will I do to him anymore. One minute he makes me feel that he likes me and the second he disregards me like he didn't know me. It's so frustrating!" As he tells Baekhyun the whole story, the latter observed how his eyes widen and his heart-shaped lips puckers as he speaks.
"How about the incident at the bar last night?"
Kyungsoo combed his hand through his hair. "He says sorry for for his friends. He explained that they're all drunk that's why it happened."
Baekhyun didn't say anything after because Jongin went inside the room and went straight to Kyungsoo.
"We need to talk." Jongin said while looking at Kyungsoo's eyes.
Baekhyun loves observing people. As he observes Jongin, he saw the intimacy and passion in his eyes while looking at Kyungsoo. He's looking at the shorter male like he's the only thing he wants to see in his life.
"There's no need for that. Our project is done and so is our partnership." Kyungsoo said.
Baekhyun scratched the back of his head. The situation is getting awkward for him now that there's only the three of them inside the classroom. "Uhh, I'll just excuse myself." He stood up and gather all of his things. He was about to walk out from the room when Kyungdoo stopped him.
"Stay, Baek. I need you here." he said firmly.
"But--"
Kyungsoo looked at him and his eyes are begging for him to stay. He sighed and sat back in his seat again.
"Do Kyungsoo, we need to talk and it means that it will be just the two of us." Jongin said while looking at Baekhyun sideways.
"I don't want to talk to you," Kyungsoo said stubbornly. "Can't you understand or you're too stupid to?"
Jongin looks so frustrated. " it!" He turned around and kicked the chair in front of him. He walked out from the room muttering incoherent words 'til he was out of their sight.
"Why don't you talk to him?" Baekhyun asked.
"The same reason why you don't want to talk to Chanyeol."
Because I'm mad. He thought.
It amazed him how he and Kyungsoo are so alike. They're always thinking the same thing and always feeling the same way. Baekhyun felt that Kyungsoo can be his best friend.
"Hey, guys!" Jongdae greeted energetically but the smile in his face wiped out when he saw the two's frowning face. "Oh, are you two preparing for an opera or something?"
Luhan came up behind him and smack the latter's head.
"It's boy problems, idiot! You shoul find a person for yourself for you to know what's happening to us!"
Jongdae looked at the pretty boy beside him. The under of his eyes was shaded black as if he's up all night. This is the first time he saw Luhan like this. The latter is always conscious about his physical appearance so it shocked Jongdae to see Luhan with thick eyebags and pale face.
They joined Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. Jongdae listened to all their sentiments. Before they met Baekhyun, Jongdae is always the one who listens and understands. He's full of jokes and pranks but he's the most caring of them all.
"So, what about you, Luhan? What happened to you and Sehun?"
Luhan propped his elbows in the table. "He gave me a drunk call last night," he started. "He said nasty things at me like I'm useless, I'm a , something like that. I tried to ask why he's saying such things. I didn't do anything wrong towards him! But the only answer I got was a heart-breaking 'I really hate you.'" He bit his lip. He immediately wipe a single tear that escaped from his eye.
Jongdae sat back in his seat. "The three of you fell in love with s."
Baekhyun drifted his gaze at him. "I'm not in love with that giant!" he exclaimed.
Jongdae looked at him, poker faced. "Yeah, yeah, say that to my face." He wave his hand dismissively.
Baekhyun was about to protest when he heard a voice that he doesn't want to hear anymore because just a mere voice can make his heart flutter. And he hates it.
"Baekhyun."
He sighed and looked up. He saw the giant standing in front of his table. He wants to run away but he's glued to his sit.
"What?" he asked. "If you want to talk, I don't want to. I don't want to see you again either."
Chanyeol didn't answer. Instead, he grabbed Baekhyun's hand and pulled him. Baekhyun has no choice but to stand up because the giant is much stronger than him.
"I said I don't want to talk to you--" Chanyeol pulled the shorter male again and brought him outside. The students are looking at them and started gossiping. But Chanyeol doesn't seem to care.
Baekhyun got tired and stopped pulling away from the giant male. Before he knew it, they're inside Chanyeol's car. They're facing each other, not saying anything, just looking at each other's eyes.
After the long awkward silence, Chanyeol cleared his throat. "I'm sorry." he said, his voice is a little shaky.
Baekhyun looked away. He can't bare Chanyeol's heavy gaze. The boy's eyes made him feel like he's been in a deep black hole and he didn't know how to escape or if he will be able to escape at all.
"For what?" he asked. Some people apologize just for the sake of it but didn't actually know what's the mistake they have done. Baekhyun wants to make sure Chanyeol knows what he's apologizing for.
"For what happened last night. I swear I didn't remember what I've said to you and you friends because I was too drunk. My friend, Jongin, told me what happened," he paused. His eyes never leaving Baekhyun. "I didn't mean what I have said. I'm really sorry."
Baekhyun sighed. There's no point of making this conversation longer. "Apology accepted."
Chanyeol smiled. "Yes!" He pumped his fist in the air and it hit the ceiling of his car. He grimaced and examined his wounded knuckle.
Baekhyun can't help but to laugh. "Idiot giant."
***
"Yah, Do Kyungsoo. Will it hurt if you talk to me just a minute?" asked Jongin while trailing at the latter like a lost puppy.
Kyungsoo didn't stop walking. He completely ignore the presence of Kim Jongin. He wants to forget the latter because his love for him is useless. He's giving up.
"Hyung!"
Kyungsoo shut his eyes for a second. One word coming from the younger's mouth made his heart pound that he's afraid it will jump out from his chest.
Big callused hand gripped his arm and he's now facing flushed cheeks Jongin. His hair slightly disheveled. His lips slightly parted as he pants.
"Why are you avoiding me? I thought we're...okay."
Kyungsoo snorted. "I thought so too!" he exclaimed. "But you're so confusing! I know you knew that I like you and you're taking it for granted. One minute you're making me feel like you like me too but in the next, you're not. Seriously, Jongin? If you don't like me, just say so because I'm willing to stay away from you. I won't bother you again."
The younger stared at the doe-eyed male. Minutes passed and he found his self smiling like a complete idiot.
It annoyed Kyungsoo more. "You found this amusing, huh? Well, I'm not! I'll be over you and when it happens, you'll--" come begging for me, he was about to say but Jongin held his face and crushed his plump lips to heart-shaped one.
Kyungsoo's eyes widen than before. His mind swirling and it's making him dizzy. All he could think of was "What the actual ?! Jongin is kissing me! In the hallway I might add."
Jongin's kiss became deeper. He latches the boy's lower lip using his teeth, a little and lets go with a pop. He bumped his forehead onto Kyungsoo's, both of them gasping for air. They didn't even bother to look at the shocked and confused glances from the people around them.
Kyungsoo watched as some of the girls walked away , looking down with a frown on their faces. Jongin is quite popular with the girls. But he never had a girlfriend. Kyungsoo isn't surprise at all if he's going to be hated. Their Kim Jongin kissed a guy in front of them.
"W-What was that for?" Kyungsoo asked, still dazed. He felt light-headed. His heart is pounding so hard in his chest.
Jongin smiled and Kyungsoo felt like he's been punched in the gut. He gasped. Jongin rarely smiles but if he did, it will knock you out of breathe.
"What do you think?" he teased.
Kyungsoo pouted his lips. The younger's eyes darken because of the sight. There's a huge urge to take Kyungsoo right there, right now. But he controlled his self.
Kyungsoo saw how Jongin looked at his lips like he's contemplating whether to kiss him or not.
"Do you...like me?" he asked nervously. What if Jongin kissed him out of fun? What if he's just assuming? There are many possibilites and he's afraid where it will take him.
Jongin sighed. Using his long fingers, he Kyungsoo's cheek. "Yes, I like you since you walk in to the room with a smile on your face, emphasizing your attractive heart-shaped lips, and since you sat beside me greeting me. I always wants to wrap my arms to you like this," He wrapped his arms around the shorter male. "And hug you to make sure that you're mine." He hugged Kyungsoo tight.
Kyunsoo bit the inside of his cheek. Tears are pooling in the corner of his eyes. He's too happy he can't say a single word.
Slowly, he wrapped his arms around Jongin and snuggled in his chest, enjoying the scent of him.
"I'm yours." he whispered.
***
A/N: Thank you to all who subscribes my story! <3