Chapter 1

Golden Time

"Yah, Byun Baekyun, wake up!" Mrs. Byun hit Baekhyun's forehead lightly using her ladle.

Baekhyun stirred and groand. "Eomma! I don't want to go to school!" He covered himself up with his blanket and drifted off to sleep again. He is always like this. If Mrs. Byun doesn't love his only son so much, she won't go to his bed every morning just to wake him up and persuade him to go to school. She doesn't know why his son always wants to be alone. He doesn't talk much. He has no friends. She always asks him why he's like this but Baekhyun always answers her with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

"You're always like this! Do you want to lock yourself up in this room forever?" she said, frustrated. "Eomma is worried about you. I don't want to see you like this. I want to see you happy." Her voice shook. She doesn't want to cry but she can't help it. She immediately wiped the tears that slipped down to her cheeks. "Why is it like you're afraid to other people?"

Baekhyun pushed himself up to bed without looking at his mother. It pains him to see his mother cry. He hates himself for making her cry but this is him. He wants to stay in his room because he doesn't want to interact with people.

I'm not afraid; I'm just anti-idiot and anti-bull.

"Fine, I'll go to school, for Pete's sake."

Mrs. Byun looked at him, her eyes widening. "Who's Pete? Why are you going to school just for his sake? It's not for Eomma's sake, then?"

Baekhyun shook his head. "Forget what I said just get out and I'll get ready for school."

He ignored his Mom's bombardment of questions. He immediately locked himself up inside the bathroom.

"Yah, Baekhyun! Yah! I'm still talking to you! You little disrespectful--"

He opened the shower and let his Mom's voice drowned by the water falling from it 'til he doesn't hear anything aside from the water.

***

Baekhyun let out a deep sigh and leaned his back to the bench he's sitting in. He looked at nothing in particular. Many people pass by but he didn't even look at them because if he did, he'll just think of negative things towards them. Music is beating loud from his headset but he didn't appreciate it. What he wants is to let the time pass and get these s done with. If it wasn't for his mother, he will never ever go to school or leave his house for a moment. It's not like he's afraid of people, he just hates them (as if he's not like one). He hates it when he saw couples kissing in public. He hates it when he saw people acting like they're high and mighty. He hates it when he saw families, smiling and eating together like they have no problems to deal with. He hates it when he saw children playing with their dad 'til they're tired. He hates the fact that his family is not complete and he hates the fact that he's not happy about it.

He heard a loud laugh from his side. He saw a boy laughing his off while hitting his thighs or his friend. He's not far away from where he is. He's surrounded by five people that's obviously his friends. 

Baekhyun doesn't know why he stared at the giant boy. He watched the boy as he laughed at his friend's joke. Unconciously, he enumerated every features and manerism he observed while looking at him. He started at the boy's smouldering black almond-shaped eyes followed by his plums lips and tousled grey hair. Baekhyun bit his lower lip. He noticed the boy's unbelievable height and long and skinny legs. He also noticed the side of his eyes that wrinkles when he smile or laugh. Without him noticing it, he's smiling not because he found a gorgeous boy early in the day but because of the boy's laugh that reverberated to the whole place and the constant slapping to his thighs when laughing is not enough.

For the first time, Baekhyun wants to spend his time with someone. For the first time, he felt like his dull times turned golden. For the first time, he doesn't want to waste his time in this place without knowing the boy's name.

But that's just it. The boy immediately rides the bus with his friends and Baekhyun was left in the bench he's sitting in. 

He shook his head. What a stupid thing to think about. There's no way he'll be close to that boy because first, he doesn't want to be surrounded by many people. He feels like he'll suffocate. Second, it seems like he and that boy is very opposite. They will never get along well. And third, that boy has many friends. He's sure that he will never be wanted.

"That midget over there, I think he's from our school."

Baekhyun let out a deep sigh again. He looked at his watch. The bus is not here yet. He doesn't want to ride a crowded bus. He'll just wait for another even if he comes late--his eyes widened and looked at his watch again. He only has five minutes and the class will start! He tapped his palm in his forehead. Great, first day of school and he'll come running late.

"We should call him. The class will start in five minutes and the next bus will arrive at 20."

"You do it, Chanyeol-hyung. You're the one who noticed him anyway."

Baekhyun is busy panicking and he's not aware of that the bus is still not moving.

"Yah, midget, you want to ride the bus? I believe that you're late and the next bus will arive at 20 minutes."

He was startled by a deep voice and he looked up. He was shocked to see the giant boy in front of him. His brows are furrowed and his mouth is set into thin line like he's concentrating to something. Baekhyun gulped. He thought that a middle aged man just talked to him because of his deep voice but it was the boy he was staring at earlier.

"I..uhh...I...yes...I'm..." He really wants to slap his self right now because of his stuttering.

The boy gave him a wide grin, showing him his complete set of white teeth. He looks creepy though.

"You know, midget, you should ride the bus with us. Everyone's waiting so come on." He tilted his head to the side to point the bus.

"Oh, yes...and...what did you just call me?" he asked.

"Midget." The boy winked at him and ran towards the bus. He looked at Baekhyun and waved. "Faster, midget! We're running late!" His friends laugh because of the nickname.

Baekhyun scoffed. The impression he has towards the boy changed. It's like the wind took it somewhere far away. He stomped his foot and angrily followed the boy even though he doesn't want to. The moment he's inside the bus, he regretted it right away. The bus was packed with different kinds of people. And because it's the first day for everyone, students and workers, it's too crowded. Baekhyun's right cheek was pressed to the glass because the boy kept pushing him to the side 'til the two sitter chair was filled with three people: Baekhyun, the boy and the boy's friend.

Baekhyun breathed in and out to calm himself but it's no use. His bad temper is rising and he can't stop himself right now.

He looked at the boy with a glare but the boy kept his eyes straight.

"Will please move a little? I can't breathe here." he asked politely even though he wants to smack the boy's pretty face and get out of this ed up bus he rode in.

The boy looked at him with a smile in his lips. "I can't. It's too snug here."

Baekhyun closed his eyes tightly and when he opened it, he gave the boy his death glare that he didn't use for years. "It won't be too snug if you let your friend stand. You see, this chair is for two persons only but you kept on pushing me to the side!"

The boy's mouth turned into an 'o'. He nudged his friend's side and whispered something to him. His friend stood up like it was nothing and continue listening to the music in his earphone.

"If you want to be just the two of us, you should have asked."

Baekhyun's mouth hanged open. "What the hell?" he whisper-shouted.

The boy grinned. "Just kidding. By the way, I'm Park Chanyeol. You are?" He offered his hand for a handshake.

Baekhyun looked at the boy's hand for a moment and drift his gaze to the boy. "Byun Baekhyun." But he didn't accept the boy's hand.

He looked outside the window. He now believes that looks can be deceiving. The innocent looking boy with a refreshing laugh is an arrogant . Nice (with overflowing sarcasm).

Baekhyun almost shout in relief when they arrive at the school. He immediately gathers himself up and run towards the door. He ignored Chanyeol calling him with his deep voice. He doesn't want to see that giant again. 

He ran towards his classroom and thanked God because the Professor is not there yet. Maybe the Professor is running late too or he/she won't show up today because it's first day. Professor always do it during first day.

Baekhyun walked to the chair at the end of the classroom, the last chair at the first row, beside the window. It's the safest place for him. He'll only deal with the person in front of him and beside him. He hates it when he's assigned to the center seat because he have to deal with the person in front, back and two sides of him.

"Good morning!" The boy with high cheekbones and curly hair greeted him cheerfully.

He just smiled a little.

The boy sat at the chair in front of him. When he's done putting his bag, he turned his chair towards Baekhyun and now they're facing each other.

"I'm Kim Jongdae but my friends call me Chen. The reason? Don't ask me because I don't know." he laughed. "By the way, what's your name?"

Baekhyun looked down. "Byun Baekhyun." he simply said.

"It's great to be in college, right?" Baekhyun just stared at him. "Someday, I want to be a great singer and will be able to perform in front of many people but Mom says I should study first."

Jongdae kept on talking about himself and Baekhyun just listened. He replied with a slight nod or shake of his head. He's not used to talking with other people. He doesn't know what he should say. He's afraid he'll say something that will offend them or upset them.

"Oh, hey, Kyungsoo!"

Baekhyun looked at the guy beside him. He has big dark eyes. His lips is heart-shaped that amazed Baekhyun for a moment.

"Baekhyun, this is Kyungsoo. I've known him since middle school."

Kyungsoo smiled at him and he smiled back. Kyungsoo started talking to Jongdae and him. Baekhyun was surprised at first because he thought that he'll be out-of-place because the two known each other for a long time but both of them was too nice to let Baekhyun in the conversation even though he's not talking.

"Oh, he's here." Jongdae said.

The talking and laughing subsided when their Professor walked in. The class started as the Professor introduced himself as Professor Lee followed by the introduction of the students one by one.

Baekhyun started to sweat. He doesn't like this. He doesn't like it when people are looking at him. He hates standing in front of the class. It's one of his weaknesses.

"Next," Professor Kim looked at the class list. "Byun Baekhyun."

He gulped. He slowly stood up from his seat and walked in front of the room.

Now, he's standing in front of them and he felt like he's going to faint. He looked at Jongdae and Kyungsoo. Jongdae raise his fists and mouthed 'Fighting!' and Kyungsoo smiled at him.

He inhaled and exhaled numerous times.

"Good morning, I'm Byun Baekhyun. Please take care of me." He bowed his head slightly and walked back to his sit without furder ado.

Kyungsoo nudged him. "What the hell was that, Byun Baekhyun? You looked stiff standing there. And not only that, you're sweating a lot." then he laughed. He lowered his voice when Professor Kim looked at their direction. "You know, you should hang out with us. Wanna join us for lunch?" 

Jongdae tilted his head to the side. "Yeah, Dudu is right."

Kyungsoo picked his pencil up and threw it at Jongdae. "Don't call me with that filthy nickname." He looked at his right. There was a boy sitting there with a lollipop in his mouth. "If Jongin hears you and he calls me by that nickname, you're dead, Kim Jongdae."

Jongdae's shoulder shook. He is laughing. "Fine, sorry, Dyo~"

Kyungsoo was about to throw another pencil when Baekhyun stopped him.

"Leave him be. Professor Kim kept looking at us. If you want to save yourself from detention, take revenge to Jongae later."

Kyungsoo grinned. "I think I like you now, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun smiled, flush covered his cheeks. He looked straight at the board and concentrate to their lessons.

***

A/N: I'll leave the Chapter 1 with this for now. I don't know when I'll be able to update. I want to know your reaction about this story. I was just inspired with all the chanbaek fanfic I have read and I love chanbaek so much I'll die shipping them. Hahaha! Sorry for the typos and wrong grammars if any. I'm not used to writing in pure English. I always use my native language in writing so yes...I don't know what to say anymore so I'll stop right now. Hahaha! I hope you enjoy!