Voice Note 1

Oh? Drabble?

It has been long, since he got to practice for too many hours. Music still lingering in his head even though he was on the edge of his conscious and his body involuntary moved to the dance choreo. They surely had to stay at least 18 hours inside practice room to sharpen, synchronized and smoothen the choreo and those would need time. They prepared this comeback since December last year and June, the d-day, was two weeks away from their sweaty body, labored breath and jittery legs. 

It was 10:30 from the clock inside their practice room and he remember they went in at 5:00, after a very short snack munching. Sehun put his palms on both of his knees, panted the air shortly. He looked at the reflection of himself and cringed. Sure the practice and all of these comeback preparation ate him alive. Okay, maybe a little bit but he spotted a bag under his eyes, bruised arms and his face glistening with the sweat and pale. He looked like a zombie while sleep-walked at night. His eyes barely open at this hour. 

Seeing other members, they were in various activity. Some of sat down or stood near the mirror to look at their face and Lay could never exhausted, while he practicing his move near Kai. Suho started to dozing off on one of the bench. Sehun chuckled, they excited and tired at the same time. His attention back to the face in front of him, turned to be himself and he sighed. He needed a rest, he knew it, but his body still did not get that precisely move and he afraid he will messed up other people. 

Straighten his body, Sehun saw Kai and Lay's reflection and decided to join them. He take notice of how Lay moved and Kai gave him advice about that. Then, Kai moved and Lay did the advice part too, vice versa. Sehun followed their moves and both of them observed him. 
 
"Your hand moves, Sehun, repeat," it was Lay who talk. 

"Like this?" Sehun demonstrated. 

"Yeah, but it kinda off. You have to do that like this," Lay said as he moved. 

Sehun saw his mistake and after Lay done, he followed the moves and did that again. This time Lay smiled a little and gave him a nod. For the rest of that night, he should thank Lay for guiding him. Kai, still the . 

They heading to their dorm at 1:00 and Sehun tried not to sleep right away because his body need a shower. Gross for him if after stepped into his room, he plopped directly onto his bed. He contemplated the idea to just sleep but yeah Lay even stared at him, when he stood near his bed and ready to sleep. 

"You will regret it in the morning," Lay said like he knew what happen in Sehun's head. 

"Ugh! I'm going first," he replied and took slow step toward bathroom. 

Sehun did not see the look on Lay face when he checked on his phone and like in shocked his eyes back to Sehun. His mouth formed the 'O' word. 

Sehun thought about June and their schedule while the shower poured a temperature he want. he thought about their short comeback and continuation of their concert. The next stop and that one country he wanted to visit. Water ran down his face and he shook his head. Let it be like this for now, he just hoped for the best. 

Out from their bathroom, Sehun found Lay with his phone and he was in call with someone. When his brain could do some focus on his surrounding other than his bed, he heard Lay did not speak on korean. The fact he spoke in chinese, perked up the curiosity in his head. His ears tried to catch up on what Lay said and he caught something along 'yes, I'm fine", "we're in preparation" and the rest like a blur. He cursed on his chinese parameter and busying himself with his towel. He rubbed his hair to dry it up while his brain worked the hell of it.

Actually, who was Lay speaking partner? What did they talked about other than basic question and no way they would just talk about that, because it took a whole 5 minutes, when Lay ended  the call and realized Sehun already on one room with him. He smiled at Sehun and stood up, heading to the bathroom. 

"So...." Sehun trailed off, he couldn't surpass his anxiety and he was so damn need to know who was that. "So, who is that? I recognize you did not speak in korean while ago." 

"One of my friends, Sehun," Lay replied, "You don't need to know." 

Lay smiled and his dimple showed up. Sehun saw something fishy on his smile. He really didn't buy that. 

"Did you lie to me?" he sounded like a sulking boy.

"I'm not. Why did you think like that?" Lay crocked his head. 

"I'm.....," Sehun lost his voice, "okay. Whatever." He waved his hands and let Lay back to his business. 

Lay smiled again when Sehun turned back and he mentally pat himself for good acting. 

When Sehun heard the 'click' sound from their bathroom door, he turned back and glared at the door, scowling. Lay was lying. He knew it. Sighed at the tiredness and the accusative he felt on his body, he felt heavier than before. .

He hated this kind of feeling and he actually hated that he should do this. He didn't want to put a little trust on his friends, but he couldn't avoid that feeling when he clearly know about what Lay said is a lie. 

He looked up on the ceiling and remember something. His phone? Where the hell that damn thing? Sehun growled at himself for not take that device out from his bag. He searched for his bag and found it near the door. Stood up from the bed, he brought his heavy step and reached for that device inside front pocket. 

Lighten up the device, he saw a notification of new message. He hardly check on his phone but after Lay phone call, he should check it. At least when he found an information from his phone unnecessary, he would turn off his phone. 

Sehun clicked on his phone and a new message, scratch that, new voice note received. The hell? Did all of his hyung tried to prank on him again? One time they sent him a ghost voice and he needed 3 ing days to erase that sound from his head.

Should he ignore it? But it was in his email inbox and only a few people knew his email address.  It was not a spam too. Sehun thought about that prank again, but whatever. He could directly delete it, if the moment he heard that voice note, he got any weird sound. Bravely, Sehun clocked on that mail and the downloading icon showed up. Took a deep breath, he put his phone near his ear when he heard a familiar melody. 

He scoffed and decided to stop the song, because sure, it was hyung tried to prank on him again. Maybe Chanyeol or Baekhyun. And that bastard, Kai. His finger stopped mid air when he heard the voice, someone singing. It was a voice from his phone, because nothing voiced other than his phone and Sehun freeze. 

He knew that voice, he clearly knew the owner of that voice and damn his heart speed up. Sehun heard their song 'Don't go' solely in his voice and he sang the entire song, acoustically. Sehun felt the longing on his heart and he slowly sank on his bed, savored the song and his voice and if he could, he wanted to hug that person too. Hug him here, near his body. He missed that man warmth against his body, his touch, his kiss, his whisper, everything about him. 

For the first time in that day, he felt better and worse at the same time. They hardly contact each other because so much activity. It crushed on him when he knew Luhan did not even contact him for almost 2 months, but yeah, Sehun that type of bastard. Stepped on his pride to call or message him first will be a very hard task. Even though his heart knew what he wanted, his head said another words. In the end, he listened to his head and he lives with the feeling of longing. Only practice and tiredness could do the rick to put him away, for a moment. 

He looked at his phone and still listening to the voice when he realize, the timeline near the end and he felt sad suddenly. He heard the clearing-throat sound and Luhan started to speak. 

"Hi, How have you been?" silence. Sehun closed his eyes and waited for another words. When he couldn't hear anything after that greeting, he opened his eyes, shocked to hear only that, when at the same time Luhan said "I miss you. See you in Beijing." 


So, Hunhan for this time? unbeta-ed, will have a grammar mistakes. Please enjoy! 

note: this, maybe, will has a continuation ehehehe