The Final Handful of Love

A Handful of Love

New Story: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/12220

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

~2 years later~

“Donghae, we didn’t want to agree to it… but there’s no way she’s going to return to us.” Mrs. Jung said but Donghae just turned around. He wasn’t going to agree to it but it was true. Jessica showed no signs of waking up. The door opened and Donghae turned around to see Mrs. Jung at the door.

He knew she didn’t want to do it either. “I’ll do it.” He said as she closed the door. Mrs. Jung left and Donghae walked over to where Jessica had laid for two years and took a seat on the chair he sat on every night. He held tightly onto her hand and placed his head on it as he gazed at Jessica.

“Why didn’t you listen to Jaejoong, Jess?” He asked. “When he said that once you walk away from someone, it means that your part of their story is over… why didn’t you listen to him?”

“If you didn’t walk back in my story, you wouldn’t have returned to Seoul with Jaejoong… you would be in California, having the time of your life instead of laying here lifelessly.”

“You can hear me right? I miss you…” He kissed the back of her hand.

/

“Are you ready?” Dr. Park asked Donghae. Donghae barely managed to nod as Jessica’s parents left the room. They didn’t want to be there. They didn’t want to witness the death of their beloved daughter.

Dr. Park turned the life support machine around so the back was in sight. He pointed to the button which had ‘Off’ written on it.

Pressing the button meant that the machine would turn off, and because Jessica was in a coma – she was living off that machine, that she would die peacefully.

Donghae shakily moved his right index finger towards the button as he looked at Jessica’s sleeping body.

Heechul turned around because he couldn’t bear to watch and Tiffany buried her head in Eunhyuk’s chest, refusing to look too.

Donghae wiped the tears falling from his eyes as he pressed down on the button. After a minute, there was a deafening beep.

Donghae knelt down and buried his head in his knees as he cried to himself. The ache in his heart was unbearable as he clutched his chest.

“Come back…” He begged, but Jessica was gone. Forever.

Memories from the first day he met her, to the day of the car crash filled his mind.

“I didn’t deserve you… I never did.” He sobbed.

/

~15 years later~

“…And two years after that, the princess finally died.” Donghae said as he combed his fingers through his daughters hair. His adopted daughter, who was 7 years old now cried once again after hearing her favourite love story.

“Appa, do you know the princess?” She asked as Donghae wiped her tears away.

“I did know the princess…”

“Then what’s her name?” She asked another question and Donghae just smiled. “She was called Jessica…” He replied. She made an ‘o’ shape with and nodded before she sniffed.

“Well, come on, Sooyeon, get to bed.” He said as he pulled up her blanket but she looked at him with purse and innocent eyes. “Appa, tell me the part where Prince M calls up the princess and ruins the moment with his screaming and shouting.” She pleaded but Donghae shook his head.

She obediently lay down and Donghae pulled her blanket to her shoulder.

“Appa, if you ever find your princess, I’d be more than happy! I want an umma!” She said before closing her eyes and pretending to sleep so Donghae wouldn’t whine at her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The final chapter that includes euthanasia... Sica's parents agreed to do it and they let Donghae do it, he turned off her machine and she peacefully died like that... then Donghae tells the love story to his adopted daughter who asks for a mum (so don't get confused, he's a single dad)! Well, her name is Sooyeon... (the child), remember who's Korean name is Sooyeon?

Thank you AAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL so so so so so much for reading this! I want to apologise for the short chapters and I sincerely hope you enjoyed the story but the first is always the best (haha), so if you haven't - read the other story in my signature!

Thanks to Soshified and Syi_kin_Jonghyun for subscribing!

SkyHeeSplits: Here's the last chapter!

lala_love: Awww, thats so sweet... the new fanfic is at the top of the chapter!

hsloovvverr: Heh, Jess doesn't wake up in the end... and hope you will read my next fanfic!

leeplay: Yeah, Heechul MUST be depressed but in the end, he probably turned out to be the happiest! Since 2 years+ 15 years = 17 years = Yoona's sentence = Yoona being released! Haha. I hope you read my next story!

haestarr: Awww. at least that was the final obstacle and there aren't any more after that. Thanks for reading and commenting!

sweet_selina: Yoona got out in the end, =D.

Kyuwonhae: Heh, she was set free in the end but Sica... no more Sica.

JaesicaIsReal: Hehehe, it was quite unpredictable but not entirely random, rofl. Sorry, no happy ending sort of...

supershineegirls03: Yeah, this was the final handful of love.... lol. Next story is Haesica indeed.

gabie_16: Yeah, it's ending.

lalagrl: Haha, Yuri isn't in the rest of the story, lol. Sadly, Donghae didn't get the chance.... rofl. Hope you read my next Haesica story!

choki2lovejessi: Haha, Haesica didn't end up together, sadly. The link to the next Haesica story is at the top! I hope you read it!

Soshified: Awww, thank you <3

peachmacaroon: Sadly, Sica only managed to give the chance... but Donghae didn't exactly receive the entire chance, lol.

yoona4ever: Hehe, here's the final chapter!

mar5122: Sadly, she isn't okay in the end but yeah. Why do you think I chose her? Haha~ new fanfic is at the top of the story!