The 19th Handful of Love

A Handful of Love

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Donghae’s POV

I watched Jessica tighten her scarf around her neck and put her hands into her coat pockets before she began to speak to me. I didn’t want to meet her but she was persistent. I was afraid it would be the last time she would ever speak to me…

“This will be the last time I’m seeing to you, so I want to sincerely apologise but I’m not going to ask for forgiveness.” She said, but I couldn’t reply. I couldn’t even go closer to her because I was scared of what I would do to her.

“I’ll go forward to the police to help you, but for something in exchange.” She stated, and I nodded. “I want you to promise me nothing will go out on our past. You had the ability to hide our marriage for so long, you can do it forever.” Her words pierced right through me and I swallowed an invisible lump in my throat.

“I promise.” I dryly responded, not at all interested in anything she was going to say. She began to turn and walk away from me. The last time she walked away, she meant it, and I let her. My pride didn’t let me run after the taxi, to call for it to stop. I didn’t even get to apologise for my actions and attitude towards her.

It wasn’t allowed to happen again.

I caught up with her and wrapped my arms around her shoulders to stop her.

“Donghae…” She said as she tried to pry my arms off my I tightened my grip. “I’m sorry.” I said, and she stopped but her warm hands were still on my cold ones.

“I’m sorry about everything that I did. I’m scared I’ll never get the chance to tell you this… I’ve been scared to admit to my feelings for so long, and it wasn’t until you left I couldn’t deny those growing feelings. The feelings of… love.” I confessed.

“I don’t know if you saw them, but those paintings of you in my room… I did them with the help of female artists. I didn’t turn the house where we both lived into a place where other women would spend pleasurable nights… Ladies only came to help me. Please don’t misunderstand…” I felt her grip on my hands tighten.

“Can we just stay like this for a while? Since it’s the last time we’ll see each other. Since you will move on with your new life… with your boyfriend… so can I just have this moment for myself?”

I then remembered how I found out two years ago from a source that in the month she left she, she was getting treatment for cancer. I was about to ask her about it until I felt something wet on my hands. I looked around, and it was snowing. I let go of Jessica and put my hands out to feel the snow that was becoming heavy with a huge smile on my face.

Suddenly, I felt my left hand warming up. I glanced to see what it was, and Jessica’s hand was placed on top. She intertwined her fingers with mine and turned me to face her.

“Let me have my own moment…” She whispered before tip toeing to reach my lips and letting go of my hand to wrap them around my neck. I responded and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me.

The world was cruel if they let this moment end…

/

Jaejoong’s POV

I watched from afar and clutched onto my chest to ease the physical pain in my heart. The tears ran down my cheeks as I knelt down.

From the day I heard Yoona and Eunhyuk talk about how Jessica was cruel enough to let Donghae innocently sit in prison even though they were once married, I knew we wouldn’t last.

I knew that Jessica still liked that man who was the reason to why she left Seoul for. She didn’t want me to know because she knew I hated that man, that man who her, that man who abused her feelings… the man who caused her so much heartbreak and distress.

I didn’t want her to come back because I didn’t want this to happen, but I believed our love was strong enough… but it isn’t. I do hate Donghae, I really do. I’m jealous, and I’m angry. Yet, I can’t go over to stop them because I know Jessica loves him, and he isn’t a bad man. I’m annoyed that I didn’t meet her first…. Because I know I can’t blame either of them for their feelings but myself for making them stronger.

I can’t play the bad guy in this. I wiped away the falling tears and took out my phone and dialled the familiar numbers with trouble because of the cold.

“Go to the police immediately and confess or I will do it.I couldn’t care less if you are Jessica’s any form of friend or that you killed someone to protect Jessica. Do it or I will give them the knife you used to kill Kim Hyoyeon with. I don’t care if my lawyers license will be taken off of me.” I hung up when I finished speaking and looked over my shoulder to see Jessica and Donghae gone.

I let the final tear escape before I heard a light thud behind me. I turned around and saw a lady on the ground. I hurried over to her.

“Miss! Are you okay? Can you hear me?” I shouted as I lightly shook her body but I got no response. I picked her up while holding onto her handbag just barely with my fingertips. I headed in the direction of a hospital I saw when I followed Jessica

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

For the first time, Donghae and Jaejoong's POVs! Don't you all just love Jaejoong...? Heh, so like... Jaejoong knows the murderer and has the knife that was used to kill Hyoyeon, and here's the first scene of a long due character!

Thanks to yoona4ever, cbp4815, seventeen, Kyuwonhae, and honeyy for subscribing!

sweet_selina: Here's the update~!

Kyuwonhae: Hehe, there's a good amount of Haesica in this story for a short chapter. And d'awww... sorry about almost making you cry, haha.

haestarr: LOL, I ship Haesica and Jessica wants to stay with Jaejoong... but it's as if Jaejoong is going to let go of Jessica. Haha, here's another short update... but hopefully it was worth the wait?

leeplay: Jaejoong is quite pitifil... but yeah, I suppose YoonSic aren't as close because I never wrote about their chats and shizzles in the chapters from Jessica's return, but they are close still... just not AS close as before... lol.

supershineegirls: It is sad that Jaejoong knew already...

choki2lovejessi: Jaejoong really is an amazing person to be able to help Sica, and help himself at the same time. I think that Jaesica moment was really quite romantic, haha, in a car though... lol.

RainStormRaider: Jess likes Donghae too much to let him rot in prison, plus... he apologised! Even Jae acknowledges that they aren't going to last, but LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL at Donghae becoming someone's . /dies

JaesicaIsReal: Hyomin is... someone who's not in the story, she's just mentioned. Haha, Jae would make quite a good looking lawyer, he's perfect in suits! Haha, I prefer Haesica in this too =X

mar5122: Haha, I try to get it and eventually did... but yeah. Jaejoong's heart was broken to pieces....

lalagrl: Hehehe, Sica talks to him here and it's a sweet moment for Haesica... but it's quite depressing, they're having their final moments together so quickly...