The 18th Handful of Love

A Handful of Love

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

It had been three days since that night I was shouted at by Eunhyuk, and slapped by Yoona for refusing to help Donghae. I knew I was being selfish, and it wasn’t right because this wasn’t just a small joke, it was his future and it was serious business yet I wasn’t helping because I was scared Jaejoong would leave me though I clearly love Donghae too.

I was waiting inside the car park in Jaejoong’s car as I waited for the first trial to end. It had been almost three hours since it started. I saw a flock of reporters chasing in a direction creating a riot on that section of the car park and the door to the driver’s seat opened in the car. I glanced to my side and it was Jaejoong still in his lawyers outfit.

“How did it go?” I asked as he started the engine and put his seatbelt on. The car soon started to move but reporters were now heading in our direction while snapping photos. Jaejoong sped off away from the reporters and drove in the direction to a secluded area.

“Jess, how do you feel about me doing this to your friends?” He randomly asked and I just looked at him. He had that depressed look on his face and I tried to smile. “Actually, forget I asked that… and to answer your question, it was alright… Eunhyuk managed to bail Donghae out until in two weeks time for the next trial.” He said with the same tone throughout the sentence.

“Jaejoong, you’re sounding weird. What’s wrong?” I asked as I turned my body to face him. “Nothing’s wrong.” He shook his head. “Jaejoong, I’m not being funny – I’ve told you so much times this already. If you’re having problems, need to talk to someone or having problems then you can come to me. I know when something is up with you so tell me now before I get angry.” I said, sounding relatively demanding.

“I… I… I overheard Eunhyuk and Yoona talking about you… about how you’ve changed over the four years… and how it must have been me who changed you… for the worse.” Jaejoong said as tears threatened to fall. I immediately undone my seatbelt and crawled over to his lap, sat on it and hugged him tightly as his tears wet my shoulders.

“You’ve changed me; you’ve made me become a better person, Jaejoong. Don’t listen to Eunhyuk and Yoona, they don’t know you.” I said as he pulled his head away from my shoulders and looked me in the eye.

“So I changed you for the better?” He asked as I wiped the remaining tears on his face. I leaned in and kissed him. 
“Please tell me if I’m ever being protective over you, please.” He begged when we parted lips and I nodded. “I don’t want a repeat of Hyomin…” I hugged him again when he mentioned Hyomin.

“Please don’t leave me for anyone else like she did, please Sooyeon, I beg you.” He pleaded as his grip on my back became tighter.

“Don’t leave me for Donghae, please…” I heard him whisper.

Jaejoong definitely overhead much more than Eunhyuk and Yoona saying he changed me for the worse. Ugh, Eunhyuk and his big fat gob! No one has any right to say Jaejoong has changed someone… changing Hyomin made him so insecure about life.

I feel ridiculous to know that when Jaejoong was solving my problems, he was also solving his problems which were much worse than mine.

I needed to meet Donghae one final time, alone, and actually speak with him this time since last time he didn’t say a single word nor even come near me with Eunhyuk and Yoona around.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks to lala_love for subscribing!

lalalove: Awwwwww, thank you so much for the compliment and glad that you liked IY, LDH too~! Haha, and I don't think I have talent, I'm baaaaaaad when it's English (meaning the subject, I'm a born English speaker, rofl...)

hsloovvverr: Jess should really save Hae, but yeah... Jaesica in this chapter~! Haesica next!

JaesicaIsReal: Hehe, Sica is quite unpredictable in this story indeed. Hyo's murderer will come up soon, haha, and it might be Yesung, rofl. Who knows? Yuri will also come in the story soon~

leeplay: Hae should really be proven innocent because he is innocent, but Sica isn't helping... and she is key!

supershineegirls03: Lol, even you think Sica should be his witness~

haestarr: It really isn't fair for Donghae, lol, it's serious business! Well... Hyuk's big mouth gets Sica into some trouble here, rofl. Hyoyeon's murder comes in soon, lol. It might be Minho... who knows, rofl.

RainStormRaider: Jaejoong probably isn't going to win it, and I don't think Sica will get revenge on Donghae... I mean, she's not that kind of person and she's already in love again, rofl.

mar5122: Aww, thank yuo so so much <3 Haha, I'm not doctor-ish AT all, lol. I just watch a lot of forensic and law stuff... lol. Dramas~!

peachmacaroon: Hehe, the murderer... who knows?

lalagrl: Haha, of course her story with him isn't over just yet because she's back in it again.......

kyuhyunlover: It's not about what she was doing that night, it's because they will eventually dig out that Jess was his ex-wife, and that's something Donghae has been hiding from the public for a while so it'll make his career go lower than it already is, rofl.