The 16th Handful of Love

A Handful of Love

_____________________________________________________________________________________________


I unwillingly came to my senses and pulled away from Donghae, turning around so my back faced him and stayed like so before taking a deep breath and turning around again. “Im sorry, that wasn’t supposed to happen.” I apologised but he furrowed his eyebrows.

“You still love me, I know it. Don’t try denying it.”

I gulped. “You’re right, I do. I buried my feelings for you, I then covered it with a brand new love, and you just dug it back out. However, the love you dug out from the past doesn’t mean you’ve thrown the love on top of it away.”

He remained quiet but he stiffened and it was obvious. However, he started speaking. “I’ll drive you to wherever you’re staying, you seem to want forget what just happened, so we’ll ignore that it happened.” He walked to the other side of the car and got inside, I went in after him.

“I’m staying at Tiffany’s, do you know her address?” I asked but he didn’t give any response.

/

We arrived outside the house we previously lived in together. I looked at him, confused at why we were there.

“I don’t know where Tiffany lives.” He plainly said and I nodded while we both got out of the car. He unlocked the door and we both entered.

It was exactly the same to how I left it but there was a different aura.

“I hope you don’t mind, this home became a place where many ladies have… come to.” His attitude completely changed as he started to speak, he became arrogant and cold. In simple words, this place was his house.

“Feel free to head to your ex-bedroom if you can get inside, it’s now a storage room so you can stay in my room if you don’t like it there, I’m going to go home, it’s already 2am. Oh, and try not to touch my stuff. Leave the keys in any flowerpot outside when you leave.” He threw the keys at me and left while lightly closing the door behind him.

I bit my lips and sighed before making my way up the stairs. I tried to open the door to my room but it didn’t open much, I peeked through and stuck my hand through the small gap and the light to see what was inside. It was crammed full of boxes with letters scattered everywhere. I gave up knowing I wouldn’t be able to get inside since it was so crammed. I walked over to the guest room which was Donghae’s bedroom and opened the door. I entered and opened the lights. Looking around, it was a plain room but it hurt to know that this was the room where he and so many girls… did their thing.

I spotted a relatively big but flat rectangle piece that was covered with a white sheet. Even though he told me not to touch anything I still went over to it and slowly pulled off the sheet and revealed a painting of myself. It was drawn in reference to one of the wedding photos I had taken with Donghae when we first got married. This was the first time I had entered his room. I scanned the photo some more and found something written at the very bottom in black ink.

“Jessica Jung,” I read my name that was written above the bottom and below it was more writing. “Lee Donghae, April 7th 2012”

It was dated to two years ago only, so did that mean… he drew me? Well, of course it does! I glanced around the area and found a couple more paintings of me behind the one I found first. They were dated back from February 2010 and the latest one was only two months ago in mid-July.

“I have someone I love too…” His sentence replayed in my mind over and over. Under the bed, I found a book and I grabbed it. I noticed it was a diary and I hesitated, pondering if I should read it or not.

“One entry wouldn’t hurt.” I said and opened the diary.

[‘June 23rd, 2008

A few months ago, Jessica told me she was determined to change my mind about her… that she could make me fall in love with her. She keeps on pestering me, what do I do? I don’t hate her like she thinks I do, I don’t like her either. I was nice to her because she was related to Tiffany, but I didn’t like her at that time… I judged her before I even met her because Tiffany told me about her drinking and smoking habits.

She doesn’t try hard on improving her image for me because she just pestered me and Yuri in the most ridiculous ways ever. Ugh, this is so annoying. Why am I so nice and good looking?]

I ended my relationship with Donghae in 2010, so it was written 2 years before that… was that what Donghae kept asking me about? That thing I told him? That I could make him fall in love with me?

I flicked open another random page that was near to the end. “Another entry wouldn’t hurt too…”

[October 16th, 2010

Yuri broke up with me a few days ago ago, but I’m not angry that she left me for another man – I’m angry at myself for treating Yuri like that. She knew fully well that I was falling for Jessica, and hard too… I knew it too, but I denied it all, I didn’t want to let go of my stupid pride and lose to Jessica because she succeeded. I’m angry and annoyed at my own feelings and Jessica Jung! I want to hate her so much… I keep trying to convince myself that I do indeed love Yuri but I can’t, but I can’t let Jessica know how I feel… but it seems like she’s drifting away, like she has no hope in changing my mind anymore.

Was I too harsh on her?]

/

~One Month Later~

I the TV and flicked through the channels to see what was on. I spent the night at my ex home and had Minho take me home because I didn’t want Eunhyuk to ask questions about why I was there and how I got inside a month ago.

Jaejoong got the both of us an apartment for us to share for the time that we were staying here and we moved in a week ago after everything was refurnished. I started singing along to the music on tv until Jaejoong sat beside me when it was finished.

“Finished washing the dishes already?” I asked, and he nodded with a smile before changing the channel to something he wanted to watch. I snuggled into his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist while leaning my head on his chest, letting me hear his heartbeat. “So, how did the trial go today?” I asked.

“It was tough but I still pulled through…”

“I don’t know why they said you would stay here for six months when you finished all the cases in one month, all of them were handled within the first trial.” I said. “Anyway, you said you had one extra case that you took on, what’s it about? You’re on the prosecution team this time! It’s been a while that you’ve been prosecuting someone…”

“its murder this time, family of the victim want me to sentence the suspect to prison. You’d be surprised…”

Jaejoong and I diverted our attention to the TV when we heard the tune that played whenever there was breaking news.

“The suspect of the murder of Kim Hyoyeon, a member of a 5 member girl group has been revealed in the afternoon at a press conference. It was revealed that it was actor, Lee Donghae who had been capturing all the female hearts in Korea. Lee Donghae is currently the second suspect after Yesung, a solo singer who was proven guilty.” The reporter said and everything became silent, I couldn’t hear anything else going on as I broke out of my snuggle with Jaejoong and straightened my back at the report.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing; Donghae… a suspect of murdering meaning there was a chance that he did kill her. What was going on?

“I told you that you’d be shocked.” Jaejoong said and I looked at him, confused. “This is the new case, I’m prosecuting Donghae for murder.” He casually said and my breathing became heavy.

This was not happening.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks to gabie_16, kyuhyunlover, golocka, hsloovvverr, sicappuccino, and haestarr for subscribing!

haestarr: Hehe, thank you so much for that compliment~! Well, all of the compliments, haha. Well... how was the ending to Chapter 16 then?

mar5122: Haha, it could have been obvious because I like to link my characters altogether so they have some form of a connection to one another...

hsloovvverr: Awwwwwww, thank you and I feel so happy knowing you registered just for this story <3 Thank you so much~

gabie_16: D'awww, thank you very much <3 Haha, I'll see if I can check out your fanfic if I have the time since I have an exam on Tuesday. Eeeek.

peachmacaroon: Jessica didn't get found out on cheating on Jaejoong thankfully, but it wouldn't be pleasant when Jaejoong finds out, surely.

choki2lovejessi: Hehe, yeah - Minho and Yuri are still together in this and lol... what was Sica trapped between, rofl...

sweet_selina: thank you~

supershineegirls03: I'm pretty sure everyone liked the entire Haesica moments but ended up going "poor jaejoong" at the end of it, rofl.

ah_thien: It gets confirmed in this chapter that pretty much Donghae loves Sica, haha. A few saw the MinhYul thing coming, a few didn't... haha. It's true though, Donghae didn't even get to know about Nicole...

lalagrl: Hehe, Minho is not a wheel in this story, he's just a cool friend, like Yoona, NOT A WHEEL, haha. It's pretty much like this... Jaejoong <>Jessica <> Donghae and that's it, haha.