The 14th Handful of Love

A Handful of Love

_____________________________________________________________________________________________


The party had begun a few hours ago and it was disguised as one of Tiffany’s random get together’s with family and friends which happened every so often. Thankfully, not much people actually realised that I was the one in the scandal with Minho, including Heechul and I’m not exactly ecstatic about that. Whose brother can’t spot his sister when she’s all over the news even if it’s just the side profile seen?

I was sitting beside Jaejoong behind a window which we were looking through but they couldn’t see us because when they looked in our direction, they would see a mirror instead. 

“Those two are my parents.” I said, pointing to them for Jaejoong to see. They were boogying to the music together with their eyes closed. “Those are Tiffany and Eunhyuk’s parents.” I pointed to Tiffany’s parents that were younger looking in comparison to mine who were sipping wine while talking to talking to their in-laws with Seohyun eating her burger at the table.

“Is that your brother and his girlfriend?” Jaejoong pointed to Heechul and I laughed. “How did you guess?”

“The actions…” He smiled. Heechul was sleeping and Yoona was drawing on his face. Yoona was holding in her laugh as she went back to eating her ice-cream when Heechul woke up but he looked suspicious, maybe because Yoona wasn’t taking huge scoops like she had always done.

“So, his name is Heechul and…”

“And?”

“His girlfriends name…”

“Oh! It’s Yoona. Anyway, those two are Sunny and Kyuhyun. They’re a couple too.” I pointed to the couple that were play rock paper scissors while doing one shots every time someone lost. I could image they hadn’t reached their limits because they were still sober looking. I introduced a few other family members and friends until Tiffany started speaking through the microphone to everyone. There was absolutely no sign of Donghae though. I kept looking back at the door to see if he was coming in but he wasn’t. I couldn’t determine whether I wanted him to walk through or not, damn these mixed feelings.

“Come on, let’s head out.” Jaejoong said as he eagerly grabbed my hand to head behind the curtains downstairs which Tiffany was standing in front of.

“I have confession to make today; I’ve been hiding someone who we all haven’t seen in many years…” Tiffany began “I know you all remember her because she is simply unforgettable!”

Everyone started to talk but I was too nervous to think about what they were saying. “It’ll be alright, you just go out there and I’ll be here.” Jaejoong said as let go of my hand and pushed me forward by a tiny bit.

“Come on out, Sica~”

I walked out from the curtain and looked at everyone’s expressions; they all looked either surprised or extremely happy. Those who looked surprised were mainly my previous friends, and those who looked happy were my family, but Yoona looked ecstatic to see me. Everyone ran onto the small stage, calling my name, screaming and hugging me.

After accepting almost everyone’s warm welcomes, and also seeing Taeyeon leave the hall with her phone and a girl following her, I called for Jaejoong to come out.

They all looked confused at him since they didn’t know who he was. “Uhm… I’d like to thank you guys for the warm welcome, especially since I haven’t seen most of you for about four years, but to my family, that’s a year only…” I held onto Jaejoong’s hand and smiled at him. “This is my boyfriend, Kim Jaejoong.”

Everyone started to swarm over to him with questions except for Yoona and Heechul. They came over to me while glaring and attempting to look scary. I backed away but Yoona stood beside me while putting her arm over my shoulder. “So, Jessica… you choose to come back and not tell me after so many years?” Yoona said and I smiled back at her apologetically. “I’m sorry…” I apologised. “Forgive me?” She let out her crocodile laugh and Heechul diverted his unchanging glare to her.

“Oh, Yoona! You had to ruin it!” He said, but return to looking at me. “Jung Soo Yeon! How dare you not tell your amazing brother about this boyfriend? Aren’t you afraid I’ll chop you into three pieces?” He smirked and I bit my lips. “Yoona! Grab hold of her!” He shouted as I tried to get away but Yoona held onto me in time.

However, I was saved by the crowd who was originally with Jaejoong throwing questions at me.

/

After answering questions for the past half hour with Jaejoong, including the repeated questions that everyone asked, I finally got time to personally speak to Sunny and Taeyeon, and also the lady who I’d never met before. I gathered that Donghae wasn’t going to come, but it didn’t mean I couldn’t try to be friends again with people who I was once friends with.

“Welcome back, Jessica!” Sunny said with the smile she had since I ever met her. “You’ve gotten so much prettier throughout the years! It must be the water you drank, wherever you went!” Taeyeon added and I blushed, realising I hadn’t told anyone that I went to California because no one seemed to ask. “Thank you and the both of you have gotten prettier too.”

“Okay, I don’t know if you’re thinking of the past – but honestly, let’s be friends again.” Sunny said as she took one hand and Taeyeon held the other. I smiled and nodded.

“Oh, I haven’t introduced you to my boyfriend yet!” Taeyeon went to get the lady who was sitting with them and I smiled at them both. “Well, she’s not exactly a boyfriend… more like girlfriend!”

“Hello, my name is Jessica Jung.” I introduced myself and so did she. “My name is Choi Sooyoung, nice to meet you!”

“Well, well – Taeyeon… I never expected you to have a boy… girl… friend that’s this tall.” I laughed and Sunny almost choked on her glass of wine.

“That’s what I said when we first met too!” Sunny cried.

/

The party had ended way past midnight because Tiffany insisted on getting everyone drunk because it was such a happy day for everyone as I was back but I stayed sober. Eunhyuk and Heechil did too, but that’s because Heechul couldn’t seem to make himself drunk and of course Seohyun was driven home first. I had called cabs for almost everyone and sent them with the help of Eunhyuk because I wasn’t sure of their addresses and my Korean was extremely rusty as I was too used to speaking English with Siwon and Jaejoong in California.

I was the last one to leave and also the one who had absolutely no way in getting home because I was smart enough to tell Eunhyuk to drive two completely drunk people, Tiffany and Jaejoong, back first. I waited inside the hall for the hotel staff to come over so I could apologise for the mess even though they probably got it often. Taking out my phone, I went through my contacts to see who would be able to take me home.

I didn’t have many friends back in Seoul just yet, and most of them were in California so it was virtually impossible. I dialled Minho’s number, hoping he didn’t have a schedule to keep him busy.

“Yo! Wassup, Sica!” He said through the phone and I laughed. “Yo to you too, are you busy right now?”

“Nope, just driving home.”

“Oh…”

“Why? Do you need me or something?”

I saw someone walk past and I jumped off the stage and slowly began to walk over, thinking it was probably one of the hotel staff. “Yeah, I do – could you take me home? I sort of don’t have any money left so I can’t stay at the hotel overnight and no driver too.”

“Fiiiineee, since you’re my frieeeend.” He said, sort of whining as I glanced around looking for that person who was just here a moment ago. I walked down the hallway since it was the only place that person could have gone but no one was there. I turned to the other direction towards the exit.

“Right, thanks – I’m at the Lotte Hotel in Jamshil.”

“Sweet, I’ll be there soon. Byeee, I can’t be talking on the phone and be driving!” He said and immediately hung up.

I finally found the person from earlier amongst the crowd outside the hotel and walked up to him, tapping him on the shoulder. I took a step closer to him but he turned back too quickly and I gasped at who it was.

“D… Donghae…” I said which came out too loud and it attracted a view people to look in my direction and he put his hand across my mouth while dragging me to somewhere with less people.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks to TheVampireBunny16 for subscribing!

sicabias: Aww, thank you for the compliments! D'aww, I hope you did well in your exams though, teehee!

mar5122: Haha, well of course something will happen to Jessica~ Hello, it's Minho! Heh, anyway... here's the party~

Superfishy: Heh, here's the update!

choki2lovejessi: Haha, how did I tease you? LOL. Well, here's the small Haesica meeting rofl, and Minho has a small phone appearance in this chapter haha. It seems like Donghae was late for the party, veerrrrrryyyyy late haha.

sweet_selina: He's a sweet player though, I suppose.

supershineegirls03: Haha, Minho likes her as a friend of course but he might like her more than that... it's not like he's said it out loud that he likes her. Heh, it's probably like those little boy/girlfriends we all had back then when we were little kids!

lalagrl: Haha, I get what you mean.. well, at least Jaejoong wasn't here to see Donghae, he would have freaked out! LOL. Taeyeon's "boyfriend" is Sooyoung, inspired by the 'My Best Friend' performance, haha! Well, Haesica meeting is only just beginning!