The 12th Handful of Love

A Handful of Love

_____________________________________________________________________________________________


As we were departing, we saw the airport was entirely filled with teenage girls with placards that had ‘Choi Minho’ or ‘I Love You’ written on them.

Jaejoong and I pushed our own luggage together, side by side and walked in the opposite direction to where the crowd was heading.

“Argh, this is so frustrating.” I groaned as we waited for a taxi to come by, and when it did, after struggling to fit the entire luggage in, we got inside, I gave the driver the address and I dozed off again. Jet lag? That’s nothing to me. So long as it’s sleep, I’m fine with that. 

/

“Wake up, Jess.” Jaejoong said as he shook my shoulder lightly. I stretched my arms and rubbed my eyes so I could see clearly and absentmindedly looked around to see where I was. Jaejoong was paying the taxi driver and I got out. The rest of the luggage was there and after a minute or so, Jaejoong came out.

“What did you say their names were?”

“Tiffany, Eunhyuk and Seohyun.”

“Seohyun is the adult… or?”

“No, Jaejoong, Seohyun is the 5 year old. Tiffany is the adult, same age as me.” He finally understood after telling him what could have been the millionth time. We both knocked on the door and after a few minutes, Tiffany came out.

From the sleepy Fany to a completely energetic Fany, she jumped onto me and thankfully I caught her or I would have fell down on my back and probably would have hit my head on the concrete.

“Oh my gosh! Sica-ya! I didn’t know it’d be this soon! Oh my gooooosh! I missed you so much! So so so much!”

“But you see me on webcam every so often!” I said, as she jumped off of me.

“Yeah, but I mean in human flesh.”

“You came to California for Christmas, and also Chuseok!”

“True that, but that was like a year ago, who remembers that... and ohh… who have we here? It’s Mr. Good Looking! What’s your name?”

I laughed at Fany’s quick change. Behind her was Eunhyuk, coming down alone. 

“Fany! Let them in!” He shouted as he opened the living room door. Tiffany dragged us both in towards the living room and sat us down on the sofa.

“So what did you say your name was?”

“It’s Kim Jaejoong.” Jaejoong said with a smile, I could tell that smile meant he was nervous so I held onto his hand, trying to reassure him Tiffany wasn’t crazy.

“What’s your job?” Eunhyuk asked.

“I’m a lawyer.” Tiffany looked at him in awe. “Stop looking at him like that!”

“He’s a lawyer! I’ve never met a lawyer in my life!” Tiffany squealed and Eunhyuk’s face scrunched up.

“Uhm... Fany… Would you care to remind me what Eunhyuk’s job is again?”

“Oh… I’m sorry Hyukkie! I didn’t remember!”

“What’s his job?” Jaejoong whispered while we both didn’t take our eyes off the couple in front where Eunhyuk, was ignoring Tiffany and where Tiffany was trying to get him to listen with her puppy eyes.

“He’s a lawyer too.”

“So why are you guys… back?” Eunhyuk said, still ignoring Tiffany who was now pouting.

“Jaejoong’s here for a few cases so I came with him.” I answered. “Oh, how long are you staying then?”

“Just for six months but that’s not fixed since the cases might end quicker or take longer than expected.”

They both nodded. “Well, let’s take you both up to the guest rooms, its 2am and it’s supposed to be bedtime.” Tiffany said as she clapped her hands, getting up from the sofa and headed to the staircase. “Come on!” She said and we followed. “Oh, and separate rooms, we have a child in the house.” Eunhyuk added and I smiled.

/

“Jess, hurry up!” Jaejoong whined again outside the room. I stepped out, annoyed at him for asking me to hurry up continuously for three whole minutes.

“Oh, calm down! It’s not even your welcoming party we’re planning!” I intertwined our fingers as I held his hand and walked down the stairs to the front door where Tiffany. Eunhyuk stood beside her with three umbrellas but he was putting the small one away. He has just dropped Seohyun off at school. He passed Jaejoong one of the umbrellas and we headed out.

We headed to the hotel to check out the venue and I gasped. “Fany, it’s just a welcoming party – no need for something like this!”

“Well, you can have something cheap but not if I’m organizing it, pft. Are you crazy? Say hi to my stubborn pride, I hope you didn’t forget about it!”

For the rest of the morning and afternoon we organized the rest of the party and all was left was the list of who to invite and finalizing everything. We decided to all go to pick up Seohyun first, and then head back to their home and continue the discussions there.

/

“Alright, so we have all the relatives written down and the friends I made when you previously made. Am I forgetting anyone?” I said, hoping even though I asked the question, that no one would mention Donghae.

Seohyun the TV beside us and flicked through the channels. I turned to face Tiffany again but Seohyun’s scream made us all look at her.

“What is it?” We all asked.

“It’s Donghae oppa!” She cried as she pointed at the screen. I looked over and my body started to freeze again.

“Oh, uhm, Seohyun, change the channel.” Tiffany started to look worried. “Aww, why? I haven’t seen Donghae oppa in such a long time! He’s always busy and doesn’t have time for me! He’s just like Yonghwa, except Yonghwa looks better.” She whined and I gave Tiffany a reassuring smile. “It’s okay, Seohyun. Keep watching, ignore your mum.” I said and she started watching the screen again.

“Oh my gosh! I haven’t seen this episode yet! I need to go, I don’t want spoilers! You guys can finish up the rest, I’ll be upstairs!” Jaejoong yelled and ran out the room and up the stairs. I laughed at his immaturity when it came to dramas.

“Uhm… he likes dramas. Not specifically Donghae though… I think he’s neutral about him?”

“Jess, tell us… does he know about you and Donghae’s previous relationship?” She asked and I shook my head. I never told Tiffany anything after I left, so like everyone else thought we were on good terms but I just suddenly “lost interest” in him, cheated on him, and left for California. I guess Eunhyuk was the only one, and I mean only one, who was about to figure there was something odd about me and his close friend because he called me a few months after I returned to California. I doubt he knew much though, he just knew there was more to what they were told. However, Yoona knew most of it – she just didn’t know every single part of it. She was too busy with Heechul but I didn’t mind.

“Uhmm… Jess, since you guys were both in love once, are you going to invite him?” She asked.

We were both in love? I mentally laughed.

“If it fits his schedule, isn’t he a big star now?”

“Alright then, we’ll add him to the guest list! I’m sure he’ll be more than welcome to come along because that means Sunny and Taeyeon can come! Honestly, you need to meet Taeyeon’s boyfriend – he is hilarious!” Eunhyuk said.

I forced a smile. I mean, I didn’t exactly end terms with Sunny and Taeyeon the best way did I?

I began listening to Tiffany and Eunhyuk going over what was going on for the party.

The set date was next weekend. All I personally had to do is stay beautiful and find the perfect outfit for that night to surprise everyone. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

kprincess1995: Heh, I'm not going to spoil the ending to it being a Haesica ending or not, but it isn't a Jaesica ending fo sho!

lalagrl: Haha, I think looooooads like Fany, Hyuk and Seohyun as a family because they're hilarious and just have that fun factor, lol. Yeap, Donghae is famous and loved now.

choki2lovejessi: I don't think Minho has an arrogant role, I think it's just he's slightly "cool" - you know those personalities that either you hate, or love, no such thing as in-between? Haha, well... I'd choose Hae over Jae any day, lol but we'll see about when Sica see's Hae or the other way around properly rather to Sica seeing him on Fany's TV, lol.

supershineegirls03: Haha, yes Seohyun's boyfriend in Yonghwa (don't know if anyone realised, but I ship YongSeo <3 lol). Uh huh, Donghae is an actor!

sweet_selina: Here's the update for today!