MGIAT 11

My Girlfriend Is A Teacher (MGIAT)

“Oppa..”

Jackson tried to open his eyes and see Youngji put a bowl on table.

“Mom said you didn’t eat from yesterday.”

“Aren’t you supposed to be at school?” He ask weakly. He tried to sit but his head is too dizzy. He close his eyes again as he ease the pain.

“Today is school break, oppa.” Youngji took the bowl on the table and blow the hot porridge. “Oppa, get up. You should eat a little. Then take a medicine.”

Jackson does not move at all. His headache is too strong for him to fight.

“Oppa, get up. Eat a little.” Youngji persuaded her brother as she pulling him up.

Jackson open his eyes and sigh. He weakly get up before leaning his head against the headboard.

Then Youngji fed the porridge to his mouth.

Jackson suddenly recalling the scene when Amber fed him during their date. But the food he taste now is too hard and bitter for him to swallow.

“Eat more…”

Jackson pushed the spoon.

“Don’t be like this oppa. You want to recover soon, right?” said Youngji. She know her brother well. Even everyone see her brother as a mean or bad guy but for her, her brother is the most loving and caring person.

Like it or not Jackson have to eat the porridge even its too painful to him swallow.

Youngji smiled broadly as she a glass of milk to Jackson. “Drink until it finish then take this medicine.”

Jackson obey his little sister words. He gave the empty glass to his Youngji and take the medicine from her palm and swallow it without any complain. So easy to take care of him.

“Take a rest. I will come back later.” Youngji help her brother lying down his bed. She pull the blanket and cover his body. She walk away as soon as her brother sound asleep.

 

 

******

 

 

Amber look at her phone. She don’t know why she felt uneasy. It’s been 3 days the school is open and Jackson is absent during that day. Amber got up from her bed. Jackson even not calling her. On the Monday morning at school, she felt a bit upset when no black sport car at the parking area which he always park. And a feeling of disappointment wandering until today when the car and the owner still not come to school. Is he moved to other school? Or he too stress because of the study? Or is he sick and he hospitalized? Or he…

Amber shook her head. She suddenly felt worried. She took her phone and dialed his number. She then stop because she’s too embarrassed to call him. But is she not calling him her heart will felt uneasy. Amber took a deep breath before touch the call button.

 

Jackson awake as he heard his phone rang. He desperately get up to take his phone on the table but his head is too heavy and painful. He really hate when he had a fever. He felt too weak and slow. He sigh and try to grab his phone which still ringing. His headache really overpowering him. He felt like he want to vomit. He know who’s calling him because the ringtone is set only for Amber. He really miss her.

He finally lay empty after the phone stop ringing. He felt disappointed. He closed his eyes and hoping that Amber will call him again.

 

Amber staring at the phone screen. She felt dejected when Jackson not answered her calling. Where is he go? Or Is he enjoyed dating with his girlfriend that I saw before? She throw her phone on the bed. Is he just playing with me? That’s why he didn’t even call me or text me.

Amber took the pillow before pressed it on her face. She felt so ashamed. Jackson might be think that she’s the one who want him but he actually just make her as a joke with his friends.

Amber biting her lips. She really fetl dejected. She know what she shouldn’t feel this way because she does not love him but sometimes she had to admit that everytime Jackson looked at her, a strange feeling  creep into her heart.

 

 

*******

 

 

Youngji put the tray onto the table. She look at her brother who sleeping soundly. It’s been a long time oppa didn’t get this high fever. A last time he get a fever when he was 17. That time he has a big argue with dad because he objected to not follow dad suggestion for him to study abroad. He protest, standing at yard in the heavy rain until morning. He doesn’t even care with his body even though he look so weak at that time. And finally almost a week he had a heavy fever. And because of that fever, he didn’t get a good grades in his examination. He even disappointed with himself but we know it’s not his entire fault because he is sick t that time. Then oppa protest to not continue his study, but dad threatened him to remove him off from inheritance and will drive him out from the house. Oppa want to but mom persuade him and he agreed but with one condition. A court should be build in the school, if not then he’s not going to school as usual.

Youngji shook her head as she recalled the memory. She the looking at Jackson phone. Her hand move to grab it. She glanced to her brother who still before she grab it. She touch the screen and noticed on missed call. She touch the screen again. Her eyebrows raised when she read the name on it. She look at Jackson. Mischievous smile appear on her lips.

“No wonder he got a fever.” Youngji giggles before her finger touch inbox. She know she shouldn’t enter his brother privacy but she doesn’t care. Her eyes read all the text. Why all the text seems like they are fight? Youngji become confuse and curious at the same time. She put down the phone back. Now Youngji think she know the reason her brother become like this.

 

 

******

 

 

Amber walked slowly while messaging her sore neck. She’s been in the hall for all morning, arrange a show for teacher’s event later. Performance by the students is getting better. She pulled the seat before sitting.  It’s class break time. No teacher in the office right now, maybe most of it in the food court and the rest of it still in the hall. Amber leaned her body on the chair. Her eyes shut, taking a nap for a while during this break.

“Slacking off?”

Her eyes opened and surprise to see Jackson stand in front of her right now. Almost a two week she didn’t him at school. And all of sudden he was in front of her eyes.

“J-Jackson, what are you doing here?” she stuttered.

“Here.”

Amber blinking looking at the paper given by him.

“What is this?”

“Just see it.”

Amber took the paper from him and read it.  Her jaw nearly dropped when examining each words of the paper. It hard for her to swallow. She realize that this week is their mid-year paper and today is a result. However, she was amazed by it.

Slowly raised her head. “C-congrat…” that’s all she can say. She still could not believe of what she saw just now.

“That’s all?” Jackson asked. Not satisfied with her answer.

She suddenly feel nervous. She glanced towards the door, afraid if there a teacher walk in.

“T-then…what should I say?” Amber pretended to ask. She know what he mean. The paper was handed back to him.

“It’s time for you to settle your debt.”

She felt nervous and shivering. She looking around and luckily no one is here yet.

“Jackson, this is not the right place to talk about that.” She said. At the same time she’s panic because Jackson still didn’t budge.

“Say it.”

Amber close her eyes. She felt embarrassed. “Jackson, please behave.”

“Say it!” Jackson still stubbornly.

“N-no..this is not the right time, Jackson.” Is he crazy? I can’t say ‘it’ here. If anyone heard this, I’m totally dead!

“Say it or I won’t leave.”

Ughhh! He so stubborn!

“Stop forcing me. What is wrong with you? Almost one month you dint call me or text me and suddenly you came here and force me to say it. Where did you go? Are you slacking off again? You know what, the promise is not valid anymore because you skipping…”

Jackson pull out a paper from his pocket and put it roughly on her desk.

MC leave for a week. He sick?

“You sick?”

“Stop asking? Say it now!”

*KRING!*

Amber stunned. The bell rang as a signal the recess time is end. Means that anytime all teacher will enter the office.

“Jackson please….”

“Say….It”

She inhaled deeply. She have no choice. Like it or not she have to say it, if not he will not move from there.

“Fine!...i…i…” Amber stuttered. Jackson stared at her, waiting for her to express those words.

“I…i….a-accept you as my b-boyfriend.” She quickly cover her face. Its really hard for her to say those words. She felt like want to drown herself into the water. So embarrassing!

“I…i….a-accept you as my b-boyfriend.”

Amber looked up at him when she heard her voice like repeated those words.

“Hmmm…Its not that bad” said Jackson as he raise his phone in hand.

Her eyes become widened. D-did he record those words?

“See you later.” Said Jackson as he winked to her before leaving Amber who still in shocked.

She grasp hands strongly. “Jackson!” muttered grimly.

 

 

******

 

 

“I…i….a-accept you as my b-boyfriend.”

James grinned as when listening to a recording that he made just now. He touch the replay button again.

“I…i….a-accept you as my b-boyfriend.”

His smile widened. Now, officially Amber become my girlfriend.

Even he know Amber might not fully have a feeling for him but he know someday she will definitely have feelings for him. He will make sure Amber fall in love with him. He will make Amber admitted that she in love with him. He replay again.

“I…i….a-accept you as my b-boyfriend.”

“Jackson, are you okay?” Mark enter the rest room before sit beside him who smiling like an idiot.  He look at Jackson weirdly.

“Mark, listen to this.” Jackson put the phone near to Mark’s ear.

“I…i….a-accept you as my b-boyfriend.”

Mark went silent while listening the recorded voice from the phone. He staring at Jackson who still smiling.

“That voice sounds like…”

“My effort have paid. She’s finally say it!” he leaned his body on the couch happily. Staring at his phone and played the recording back.

Mark seems speechless. He really don’t know what to say.

“Is that Ms. Amber’s voice?”

Jackson just grinning as his answer.

No doubt! He really look like a lovesick.

In silence, Mark admired the power of Amber able to captivated Jackson until he could turn out like this. Many girl interested to him but he not even look at them.

“Mark, what a couple should do when they were dating?”

Mark feel like fainting after heard his statement.

“I-I d-don’t know. Maybe movies? Or vacation? I don’t know. I never been in love.” He muttered. He was very surprised by the sudden change of Jackson. It’s like his not the Jackson that he knew before. A new Jackson is appear!

“Movies…hmmm good idea. What kind of movies?”

“Umm…Romantic?” he hesitated to answer.

“Romantic? Like what?”

Mark shook his head as don’t know.

“Nevermind. I will ask her. What about vacation? Where should we go?”

Mark shook his head again. He really don’t know what to answer.

“How about Paris? Or maybe Australia?” he asked himself while rubbing his chin.

“Umm…Jackson, can I ask you something?”

“Sure…”

“What is great about love until you could turn out into this?”

Jackson smiling again. “You will know it when start fall in with someone.” He pats Mark shoulder before played the voice recording back.

 

 

******

 

 

“Argh!!!” Embarrassment thickened on her face when recalling the scene of that evening. She take a pillow before burying it on her face.

“Arghh!!!” she yelled.

“Amber? Are you okay?” ask Vic at the outside.

“I’m okay…” she said loudly.

*RING!*

Amber startled by the sound of her phone. She know who’s calling her. She feel numb. Then the ringing stop. She sigh. Then the phone rang again. She closed her eyes, pretend to asleep. The ringing stop once again. Sound incoming text come from the phone. Amber slowly grab the phone and touch the screen.

                Amber, please answer. I miss you

Her eyes widened reading the message. Then the phone rang again. Like it or not, she have to answer it.

“Hello, Amber? Are you asleep already?” Jackson soft voice spiked her eardrum.

Amber bit her lips. Jackson please. Don’t talk in that kind of voice to me. Huhuhu T_T

“Hello? Amber?”

Amber inhaled sharply. “I…” The only word that come out from .

“What are you doing?”

Her heart beating faster.

“Umm…n-nothing. Just lying on the bed.” Said Amber. Fee awkward while talking with him. Almost one month they didn’t talk to each other.

“Do you miss me?”

Amber put her hand on her chest. Oxygen! Oxygen!

“Umm…uhhh..w-what are doing? Study?” She change the topic.

“Nah.. I will do it later. I miss you. I always thought about you.”

Amber grab the pillow before bite on the corner. She wanted to jump in the river right now.

“Jackson, I think you should go study. You know, final examination is getting closer. If you wish to keep a better result, I think you should start from now.”

Jackson paused, same as Amber.

“I studied because you. I love you, Amber. I would do anything for you”

I really need oxygen! Somebody!

“Jackson…actually…”

“Nevermind. Take a rest okay. I know you’ll busy tomorrow because of teachers day event. I also want to continue study.”

Amber fall silent. She even forgot what to say.

“Amber…”

Her heart pounding so hard. She know, if Jackson start calling her name in that tone, he must want to say something that would make her a heart attack.

“Thank you.”

Amber furrowed. “For what?”

“Because you willing to accept me to be in your life.”

Amber collapsed on her bed. The fact she accept Jackson because of her promise that she made with him. She don’t know how to tell him.

“Amber…” She held her breath.

“I love you…so much.” She can’t breathe. Her heart pounding like crazy.

“Good night. Take care.”

Her phone still attached on her ear. She even forgot how to breathe properly.

Embarrassing!

 

 

******

 

 

Atmosphere in the hall seemed busy and quiet noisy. Everyone is working hard to prepare preparation for teacher’s day event which will be held next week. Amber is no exception.

“Ms. Amber, where should we put this?”

Amber turned to the side. Hara showed some pieces of cloth clotted.

“Good. Come…follow me.” Amber walked up to the stage, followed by Hara. “James, can I borrow a hammer and nails?” she asked James who’s busy helping spread the banner.

“Here…” he took the hammer and box of nails from the floor and give it to her.

“Thanks.” Amber took the hammer and the nails before going to the edge of the stage for nailing the clotted fabric

James who watch her from a distance walk towards her. “You want me to help?”

“No…it’s fine.” Said Amber before continue on what her doing.

“There you are. I thought you did not want to come.” Amber heard James say to someone but she just focus on what she doing. “Put it here. Thank you guys.”

“Hara, give me a nail.” Amber asked without looking towards Hara. Her hands busy adjusting the position of the fabric that are ready nailed.

“Thanks.” She said without looking to the side. And again she knocked the nail slowly.

“Hara, what do you th…” James turned to ask Hara’s opinion not Hara who’s standing next to her.

“Jackson! Ouchh!” Small shrieked out from . his painful thumb. Luckily no one hear her.

“Be careful, can you? Let me see?” Jackson approach her but he stopped when she rounded her eyes. “What?” Jackson asked. Amber looking around.

“Don’t you understand? Look around you. You really troubling me.” Amber muttered.

Jackson fall silent.

“What are you doing here? Skip class again?”

“No. All teachers are busy today. Besides, Mr. James asked me to bring some items for him and at the same time I can watch you. Who know, you might flirting with Mr. James.” He said nonchalantly.

“Whatever.”

James walked up to them. “Jackson, thank you for lending me these items.” Said James but Jackson just silent while watching all his items organized on the table.

“Amber, what wrong? Did you hurt yourself? You should ask me to help you…”

She quickly put down her thumb. She glanced towards Jackson who still looking at those items. Even though Jackson did not show any reaction, but she could feel the heat that come from him. Amber suddenly become nervous.

“I’m fine. Not painful at all. Besides, Jackson said he wanted to help me. Right Jackson?” Amber said, hoping Jackson will not be furious and James can go from there.

Jackson turned towards her. Amber making gesture towards his eyes. He realize and understood.

“Yeah…I can help Ms. Amber. You can go set up all the items. Make sure everything is fine”

“Okay. Amber, call me if you want any help, okay?”

Amber nodded while giving him a smile. But her smile died when she saw Jackson face which looks really scary seems like he can eat her.

“Enough with smiling. Don’t smile to other guy, but for me it always fine” said Jackson before took the hammer from her hand.

Amber pouts. “Well, I can smile to whoever I want.” She retorted.

“Nail.” He extended his hands to her before she give it to him. He took it and start nailing. Amber stiid still beside him while watching him carefully nailing. Wow! He is good at it. I thought he just knew to be grumpy, swearing and annoying person.

“I know I’m good looking, don’t stare too much. You distracting me.”

“Excuse me.” She murmured.

She then saw James playing a drum to test if the drum is fine. She never thought James could play the drum greatly.

“Can you stop hurting my feeling?”

She’s awake and blinked. “Huh? What did you say?” Amber was dumbfound looking at Jackson who is holding his anger.

“Stop hurting my feeling.”

“When did I hurt your feeling?” He glared at her before looking at James who playing the drum. Amber realize. She’s too engrossed with James until she forgot someone besides her.

“I just take a glance.”

“Do not look at him again. Just look at me.”

“Before this you said that I’m distracting you.”

Jackson give his icy glares to her.

“F-fine…just look at you.”

Jackson continue his work. Amber stare at him who too engrossed nailing the decoration.

He look calm. He also look neat and careful while nailing same when he eat. He has long finger too. He’s good at nailing. I thought he just knew how to play basketball. Hmm.. what else that he good? Cooking?

Amber smiled at the thought of him wearing an apron and chef's hat and holding a spatula and pan.

“Falling in love with me already?”

Jackson whispered voice made her wake up from dreamyland. She look at Jackson who giving her naughty smiles.

“Don’t be too full Wang Jackson.” She scoffed. She looked embarrassed. Jackson just smile by her reaction.

 

 

SORRY FOR THE VERY LATE AND SLOW UPDATE. I'M SO BUSY RIGHT NOW. I WILL NOT NEGLECT THIS STORY AS I PROMISED. HAPPY READING GUYS!