Chapter 4: Empty picture

Be hyung's model

----- Donghae POV -----

 

I drove back to the dorm from the cafeteria. I noticed there was nobody there, the other members probably went out or something. I had the dorm all for myself. With nothing else to do, I sat down an watched TV, but there was nothing good to watch.

After a rather long time of just changing channels, I looked up to a clock on the wall and noticed it was already past five in the afternoon. The sun would set soon, so what a better time to go out and take some pictures?

I got up from my seat, put on a coat, grabbed my treasured camera and my car keys, went to my car and started driving. As I drove down the streets of Seoul, I could see appreciate how the sky gradually turned red, as the sun started setting.

I finally got to my destination, just in time for the sunset. With my camera in my hand, I walked towards a tree that looked familiar, on the shore of the river. This had been the place where I met Jimin for the first time. I captured the moment with my camera, this time without my model.

"I wish he was here." I thought to myself, as I put down the camera and appreciated the empty scene, missing a model to complement it, like a rainbow missing it's colors, or a beautiful flower missing it's fragrance. Regardless of how beautiful it was, I couldn't avoid the feeling of something missing.

That was the only picture I took that day. I didn't feel like it made sense to take anymore. The rest of the evening I just walked around, enjoying the sunset. 

Once it started getting dark I went back to the car and started driving back. It was already night-time when I got back to the dorm, and the other members had already returned as well. I greeted them as I came in, took off my coat and went directly to my room.

I printed out the only picture I took at the river and walked towards a really special wall in my room. That wall happened to be where I put up some of my favorite pictures, the ones that meant the most to me. I held up the picture, printed in a grayscale tone, and put it right next to the one I had taken the day before, enriched with bright colors, and featuring Jimin, posing next the the tree.

I finally took off my shirt and laid on my bed, where I suddenly had the idea of texting Jimin.

"Good night, Jimin-Ah ;)" I sent him, and just a few minutes later, I got his response.

"Good night. Hyung!" Replied jimin, which made me chuckle. I still found it cute that he called me that, even through texts.

I finally put aside my phone and fell asleep with a slight smile on my face.