Four

Hopeless Romantic

Seul Mi was still in a confused daze. Why exactly is Suho staying with me? Kai knows we don't get along. We never have and we never will.

"Ugh, Kai owes me one." Seul Mi said to herself. "Actually he owes me a billion. This is too much for me." 

She thought back to the moment she saw Suho in the cafe. Since when did Suho become attractive anyways? "No Seul Mi, don't think about those kinds of things. It's just Suho, the kid who bullied you all the time when you were a kid." she sighed.

Seul Mi walked back to her house as slowly as possible. She had the habit of daydreaming whenever she was alone. Seul Mi pulled out her phone and checked up on the latest K-POP news on the allkpop app. 

*scrolling, scrolling, s-* 

she stopped when she noticed that the teaser for Infinite's comeback video was on the site. She clicked on the video and watched it in complete awe. "How great would it be if I just met one of them. I could totally get them to fall in love with me." Seul Mi said. She looked around to see if anyone was watching her. I talk to myself WAY to much. She sighed again and smacked her forehead multiple times. I really am boy crazy. 

Seul Mi kept walking until she finally reached her house. She took longer than usual because she kept on daydreaming different scenarios that could possibly happen in her head, and they all came from the dramas she watched on TV. She was still immersed in her thoughts as she unlocked the front door of her house.

She walked inside and took off her shoes before proceeding to grab some water in the kitchen and sitting on the couch. "Hmm what to do now?" she thought to herself. Then she remembered that Suho should be coming over soon so she should clean up any mess in the spare room. Seul Mi ran to her room to change into some shorts and a basic t-shirt before running back to the kitchen. 

She grabbed a trash bag and walked over to the room where he would be staying in, the one farthest from hers. To be honest, Seul Mi wanted nothing to do with Suho. If he was going to stay here, she wouldn't acknowledge the fact that he was here. Any memories she shared with him or any memories about him, they were all bad, if not horrible. Suho really was a bully when they were kids. Seul Mi couldn't even begin to think about even wanting to be friends with him at this point. I bet he's the same old Suho. Seul Mi thought as she opened the door to the spare room. 

Right when she opened the door to the room, the door connecting to the guest bathroom opened up. Seul Mi's eyes were wide in shock as she saw Suho walking out of the bathroom drying off his hair by shaking it and wearing nothing but a towel to hide his...private parts. 

Am I dreaming? Wait what's happening right now, what.... Seul Mi's thought ran wild as her eyes grew bigger and bigger. Her eyes wandered down to his abs and she felt herself blushing a deep red color. Oh my god. 

As she looked as his amazing body and face, Seul Mi failed to realize that Suho looked up at her in that moment. 

They made eye contact and she noticed that his eyes grew wide too, but before Suho could say anything to her, she quickly turned out of the room and slammed the door behind her. Hard. She cringed at the sound, and instantly ran back to the kitchen. SO AWKWARD. How did he even get into my house?! She hit her head on the cabinet multiple times and slid down to the floor covering her face. Man, I've always imagined this happening, but possibly with a guy that I'm crushing on so it would be cute when I blush and run away. Ergghhh. 

 

The door slammed and Suho cringed at the sound. Seul Mi..... 

Suho looked down and realized that he was besides the towel around his waist. He sighed as he scratched the back of his head and quickly put on his clothes. Oh god, I don't even think she knew that I was in her house.

He opened the door and walked down the hallway and stopped when he reached the stairs. Just breathe, Suho. He walked down the steps and walked into the kitchen. Where is she..? He cleared his throat, hoping that Seul Mi was close by and would hear him. 

Seul Mi looked up from covering her face in embarrassment. Oh . He's downstairs. Wait, what's the big deal Seul? You hate this guy, and like you said before, you're not even going to acknowledge him. She put her game face on and stood up from where she was sitting in the kitchen. As soon as she stood up, she saw a surprised Suho staring at her across the island counter. Aish, why do I always end up finding him like this face to face??

"Hey..." Suho started. "Uh, sorry about just now. I guess you were surprised to find that I was in your house already..." he said, trying to grin.

"Oh no problem." Big problem.

"Yeah, I, uh texted you a couple times telling you I was outside and then Kai told me there was a spare key under the welcome mat." Suho explained to her. 

Seul Mi smiled. "Oh, Kai told you? Then that's okay, I guess I was just a little surprised. I don't usually find half guys in my house, y'know?" Kai is so DEAD. 

"Yeah...." Suho didn't really know what else to say. He felt bad that he had just entered her house without her permission, but he was waiting for and hour or so.

"It's not a big deal Suho, really." Seul Mi said, clearing . The situation was very uncomfortable for her and she just didn't feel like talking to him right now. "You can use the room you were just uh... in. Kai told me your situation, so it's all good with me." she faked a smile.

Suho smiled. "Okay. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to invade your house.... and, thank you so much, I mean it." And he did. He didn't have any other place to stay and he thought he would be homeless while he tried to look for another job and place to permanently stay. He was surprised when Kai told him Seul Mi even agreed to let him stay at her house, because he too knew what he had done to Seul Mi in the past, and he was hoping she forgot about the past. 

"Yeah, like I said, no big deal."  Seul Mi tried to say without gritting her teeth too much. Talking to this guy just got on her absolute nerves, just like the old times. There was a brief moment of awkward silence and Suho was about to speak when Seul Mi spoke up. 

"Well, I've got other things to do today, so just make yourself at home, and try not to make a mess out of my house, okay? Thanks." Seul Mi said, running up to her room to get changed. She didn't have anywhere else to go or anything else to do today, she just didn't want to be around Suho. As soon as she got up to her room, she changed into some nice clothes and decided to call Soo Young to see if she wanted to have a last minute girls day out. She dialed Soo Young's number and she answered in two rings. 

"Hello?"

"Soo Young, I'm bored, do you wanna have a girls day out today?"

"Seul, are you okay? You never ask to hang out first!!" Soo Young screamed into the phone.

"I know. I know. But... uh..." Seul Mi had to lie as to why she wanted to get out of the house. "I ran out of dramas to watch. So let's just go out today. I'll be at your house in 10!" Seul Mi said and hung up. 

She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. She loved to dress up so her outfits were usually more than just 'casual'. But what is there to dress up for now since I've given up looking for some boy to come and instantly like me, like in the dramas. Boo. 

She quickly fixed her hair and walked out of her room, grabbing her phone and purse on her vanity. 

 

It had only been a couple minutes since Seul Mi ran up to her room, and Suho stood in the exact same spot, taking in his surroundings. Seul Mi had a nice house, and quite big for someone who lived by herself. He found himself smiling at the style and decor of her house. This is so Seul Mi. He walked over to the front table by the entrance and found pictures of her and Kai, and pictures of her and another girl, which Suho assumed to be a very close friend. Seul Mi still has the same beautiful smile.

He heard footsteps and a door closing, and he looked up to find Seul Mi walking down the stairs in sort of a rush. She looks..... beautiful. Wait, Suho, I'm pretty sure she still hates you from how you treated her when we were kids. He scratched his head. Seul Mi noticed Suho out of the corner of her eye as she walked down the stairs, but decided not to say anything to him to avoid another awkward conversation. She walked right past him, opened the door, and left the house without glancing at him once. Suho just watched her walk out of the house without saying a word to him. "....Bye?" he waved as he chuckled to himself. Yeah she definitely still hates me.

Seul Mi walked a good 200 ft before stopping and turning around. It was hard for her to just walk by him and not say that she was leaving, especially when he was just standing there, but she told him before she went to go get changed, so he should be okay. It's not like he's gonna cry about it because I just left him there. She continued walking towards Soo Young's house and, again, her mind wandered to endless daydreams about her favorite K-POP idols bumping into her as she walked and eventually falling in love with her. I have great daydreams. Seul Mi thought to herself as she reached Soo Young's house. She rid her mind of any thoughts of anything, even Suho, to continue dreaming her romantic notions. 

She knocked on the door and Soo Young opened it almost immediately. 

"Yay! I'm so excited to hang out today with my bestie!!" Soo Young squealed. "And I'm so glad you dressed up nice. Let's take some pictures later!" she spun around in her outfit and Seul Mi laughed at her. 

"Oh I can tell this is going to be SUCH a fun day." Seul Mi said sarcastically.

"It will be! And way better than the last time." 

"It better be. And yes, I promise to stop looking for a boy to love me instantly." 

"Good."

 

Suho got bored himself as sat on the couch and went through his phone and social media. His mind suddenly wandered towards Seul Mi. I wonder if Seul Mi has any social media. He had never bothered to check before, because, well, he had forgotten about her until now. When Kai had mentioned that his sister had some extra space in her house for him to stay in, Suho had to think for a moment. 

flashback

"I'm sorry man, look how small my apartment is. I can barely live in here by myself, I don't think it'd be fun to have two people try and squeeze in here, even if it's just to sleep."

"No it's fine. I just don't know where else I could go..."

Kai thought for a moment. He knew Seul Mi had a lot of extra space since she had a house to herself. But he hesitated before speaking up. 

"Well..... there is one place you could stay, but it might be tough for me to convince that person to let you stay there."

"Who is it?"

"My sister... Seul Mi. You remember her right? She has her own house now, and a lot of spare rooms I'm sure she wouldn't mind you taking one for a while." Kai was still hesitant. He would still have to call Seul Mi and he already knew she wouldn't want anyone staying at her house. Especially not Suho.

"Seul Mi....." Suho had to think about it for a couple seconds. "Oh yeah!" He smiled at the thought of Seul Mi, but with her came bad memories. When they were children all he did was bully her and honestly, he still doesn't know why he was always so mean even though he was bestfriends with her brother. He snapped out of his thinking. "Then do you think you could give her a call for me and ask? I'd really appreciate it. I don't really have any other choice..."

"Of course I will. I'm sure she'd love to have you stay over if your other option is to be homeless." Kai laughed nervously. But he knew it would be hard to get Seul Mi to agree.

end flashback

Suho looked Seul Mi up on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat, and found that she had all three. He wasn't surprised, Seul had always been one to put herself out there. But he was surprised when he actually looked through all of her pictures and tweets. She's adorable... He found himself scrolling through her pictures laughing at her funny faces and laughing at her weird pun tweets. She hasn't changed one bit. 

"But I have." he said to himself. He locked his phone and got up. He definitely needed to do something about this.