Chapter 3

You Found Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mr. Han, I need to have a word with you”

Chanyeol waited almost three weeks for Baekhyun to show up at his door or atleast comeback to thank him in person like he had promised. But it’d been 17 days and Baekhyun hadn’t kept his word. Chanyeol grew impatient by the hour and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t remove that boy’s broken image from his mind.

He racked his brain for possible ways to contact him but how does one find a person in this big city when all he knew was his first name?

“What is it Doctor Park?”

“I need to access the hospital’s main database. I’m looking for a patient and I need your help.”

 

 

 

 

[353 matches found]

Oh god this is going to take a long time.

 

There was a possibility that Baekhyun had never been to Soenja Hospitals but it was worth giving a shot. After an hour of looking through each “Baekhyun” who’d ever stepped into any of the Soenja Hospitals in the city, he came across the profile of a “Byun Baekhyun” admitted two years ago.

Diagnosis: Right arm- Fractured Ulna and Right arm- sprained wrist.

Reason for visit: Fallen down a flight of stairs.

Yeah that sounds convincing.

According to the report his health insurance policy didn’t cover all the charges and some amount had to be paid in cash. The age indicated that this “Baekhyun” was only a couple years younger than Chanyeol himself and he had a male sibling along with him during the visit.

Chanyeol then remembered those nightmares where Baekhyun cried for his brother and was almost certain that this “Baekhyun” was the one.

There was no contact information provided though and Chanyeol found himself back to square one.

 

 

“Doctor Suho, Can I have a minute with you?” Chanyeol particularly disliked this senior doctor but he couldn’t access his patient files without his permission.

“I need your patient files from two years ago” Chanyeol asked, knowing he wouldn’t give it to him that easily.

“And why would you need that, kiddo?”

Chanyeol gritted his teeth underneath his smile. He hated being called a kiddo and Dr. Suho knew that.

Just pretend and be polite.

“It’s just that I found out my childhood friend was your patient and his old number is not in use anymore, so I was wondering if --”

“So you were wondering if you could get his contact information from my records.”

“Well.. yeah”

“Don’t you know anything about doctor-patient confidentiality? I’m sorry kid, it’s against the rules” Dr. Suho smirked at him walking away as he hummed softly at his victory.

“Dr. Suho, wait! This—this is really important for me. Isn’t there any way I can get his information?”

“Ofcourse there is.”

“What? How?”

“Cover my shifts this week and I’ll let you have his number.”

Chanyeol gaped at him.

“And cover my shifts next week and I’ll let you have his address.”

“Yeah right” Chanyeol scoffed at his ridiculous offer before walking away. If he did both their shifts it meant no sleep for 7 days straight plus double the amount of patients and they both knew it was humanly impossible.

 

Somehow after his 18 hour shift, Chanyeol found himself standing in front of Dr. Suho with his head hung low.

“I’ll do it.” He said mumbling under his breath.

“What was that, kid? Did you say something?” Dr. Suho asked in a teasing tone.

“I said I’ll do it! I’ll cover your shifts. Just, please… let me contact my friend.”

“You do realize that even if I give you the access

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter