Returning to the Academy

Winged
Ms Won wasn't too pleased at who she needed to recruit to the Academy. "I'm not quite sure if we even allow those we kicked out to be back into the Academy. This case has never happened before. Let me notify the principal about this and I'll get back to you two." She walked over to the side for the phone call, leaving Serena and Chanyeol to stare at each other blankly.
 
"Serena, get back inside, it's cold-" Her mother popped out of the house, only to realize the temperature was just fine. "Hold on, the weathermen said that it was chilly today...Oh hello, Chanyeol." Serena' mother was seemingly overly-friendly with Chanyeol.
 
"Mom I..." Serena was trying to find words again. She pointed to Chanyeol. "He...we...?"
 
"Oh my, are you guys dating?" Serena's mother placed her left hand on her lips. Both Serena and Chanyeol began to shake their hands and heads in disagreement.
 
"Mam, that's not it." Chanyeol panicked. "I just got Winged by Serena."
 
"So you guys are dating!" Serena's mother said ecstatically. "You guys are even making cute excuses!" 
 
Serena whispered to Chanyeol. "I told you, my mom had high hopes for us."
 
Ms Won came back with the principal's message. "I've been notified that both of you should be transferred to the Winged section by tomorrow. "Serena I hope you did not throw out your uniform yet." Serena didn't. She wanted to keep it as a sort of keepsake. She was worried at how people in the class were going to think about her, especially when she winged Chanyeol whom they all knew and disliked. 
 
Chanyeol helped Serena move her luggage back to the Academy. Serena was still concerned about his bruises but Chanyeol said that he was re-energized through today's events. At the side of the Academy's entrance, Lizzy was waiting for Serena. Beside her was an unfamiliar guy.
 
"See? I told you." Lizzy waved at Serena, who was happy that she at least had one friend at the Academy. She looked at Chanyeol, "Though, I really didn't expect that it would be with you. Things might get a little rough for a while, Serena."
 
"I've been thinking about that." Serena's shoulders went down. 
 
"Don't worry too much about it." Lizzy pointed at Chanyeol. "His known presence between the Activators might help mitigate some of your fears. What's your power?"
 
"Fire." Chanyeol said immediately.
 
"Fire..?" Lizzy's face suddenly grew slightly concerned. She whispered under her breath, "So that's what the principal really meant..."
 
"Lizzy," the guy beside her interrupted. "Are you gonna introduce me anytime soon?"
 
"Ah, right!" Lizzy showed jazz hands in front of him. "Serena and Chanyeol, meet Dongwoo. He's another one I winged. His power is speed, but being such a klutz he tends to trip over himself."
 
Serena tilted her head. "Another? You mean you winged more than Sungjong?" Dongwoo had a huge smile on his face.
 
"Actually, Chanyeol should know something about this since he was after Activators for the longest time." Lizzy began to explain. "I'm sure you've noticed in class that the number of Activators is much smaller than the Winged. Strong Activators have a tendency to wing more than one Marked simply because the have the qualities to be able to maintain a bond between each of the Winged."
 
Serena looked at Chanyeol. "Is that why you were bullying Activators into winging you?"
 
"Maybe." Chanyeol whistled in ignorance. "Trust me though, 
 
"Sure it's forced, but creating artificial bonds isn't unheard of." Lizzy continued. "Over time, some of these bonds turn into real bonds. Speaking of which, you should probably look for Kyungsoo again. He might still be living in your suite right now, but he has to choose an Activator to temporarily partner up with until the school can identify his real Activator."
 
At the suite, Kyungsoo was in his room staring at the ceiling. Time was running out for him to find someone at least compatible to be his temporary Activator for training purposes. He heard a card pass beep and the entrance door opening. 
 
Did they already find someone before the deadline? Kyungsoo opened his room door and saw Serena and Chanyeol. Why is she here again? His anger bubbled inside of him. Serena's eye caught the sight of Kyungsoo and he quickly closed the door.
 
"I guess I'll let you guys talk it over." Chanyeol roamed around the living room area before turning on the television. Serena didn't want to knock on the door. She took out her phone and went to the texting app.
 
Serena: I'm sorry I lied.
 
Kyungsoo had read the message, but didn't respond. After a few minutes passed, Serena tried again.
 
Serena: I didn't mean any harm. I feel awful that I had hurt you this way. I came back as a real Activator
 
Kyungsoo had also read this message and immediately connected the dots between Chanyeol in the room and Serena. At this point he felt jealous that even Chanyeol had an Activator now. How Chanyeol managed to make Serena wing him was not clear. Serena had once belonged to him.
 
SerenaIf you'd like, I'd be happy to continue being your Activator until you find your real one
 
Kyungsoo was surprised she was still willing to partner with him even though she had her own Winged. The past day he walked around and no one even dared to approach him. He was also too nervous himself to ask. 
 
Serena: If you'd give me one more chance, I promise I won't leave you
 
Kyungsoo couldn't keep it in any longer. He opened the door and stared at Serena. Serena looked hopeful and eager for him to answer. 
 
"Alright." Kyungsoo admitted defeat and Serena pounced to hug him almost immediately.
 
Chanyeol suddenly started to yell at the TV. "Hey, why the screen all fuzzy?! I'll burn you up if you don't work properly!" 
 
"Hrm," Serena looked over Kyungsoo's shoulder, "Seems like he's still a bit violent." The television screen flickered before displaying a message line at the bottom. 
 
|| Serena please come to the principal's office tomorrow at 8am || 
 
The message rolled across the screen and Chanyeol was complaining that it blocked the subtitles. "Please dismiss this message!" He yelled at the inanimate object. "Serena you got the message right? Remember it so I can try remove the banner!"
 
"Try turning the tv off." Kyungsoo suggested and Chanyeol followed. The message was still there after they turned the screen off. "Huh..." They predicted it would probably stay there until after the time shown. "What now?"
 
Serena pointed at the two beds in the room. "I guess you guys will have to share a room?"
 
"Fine with me." Chanyeol shrugged as he walked in and claimed a bed. 
 
Kyungsoo's eyes grew big as he rushed in to make sure that Chanyeol didn't touch any of his belongings. He could try to trust Serena again, but Chanyeol was an entirely different situation from what he heard from others. He'd have to be extra conscious when he slept. 
 
"Seems like it's going to be a bit livelier here from now on." Serena smiled to herself, wondering if she'd be able to wing others as well.