Discovered

Winged
Serena's wounds were still healing after a few days she was released from the school's hospital wing. Kyungsoo assisted her in carrying her school bag around and Serena was thankful for that. Although Kyungoo was still awkward in interacting with Serena, he was getting better at conveying what he was thinking of. On the other hand, Serena was getting more fearful of the day Kyungsoo would realize that she wasn't the one who winged him. 
 
In addition, Chanyeol's pranks were getting worse and they always occurred when Kyungsoo wasn't around. She never had the opportunity to catch him in the act, so she had no evidence that she could report to the school. One time he managed to set up a flood in the girls' bathroom while she was inside. Another time was when he purposely distracted her during class by causing a commotion outside and the teacher kept calling on her for answers to make sure she was paying attention.
 
Serena didn't want to prank back at Chanyeol or harm him, because she felt that it would make herself a bully and Chanyeol would be getting the response he wants. 
 
"You...seem to be thinking about a lot lately." Kyungsoo stopped walking and looked into her eyes. 
 
"I don't think I'm still used to the change of schools." Serena looked down. "Everything's different here."
 
Kyungsoo wondered how he could help. He's been enrolled at this Academy since kindergarten and hasn't been anywhere else. 
 
"Have you heard of Chanyeol before?" Serena asked casually.
 
"The troublemaker?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. Was she into that type of guy?
 
"Yeah, I guess you can say that he's a troublemaker." Serena sighed.
 
"I'd suggest that you don't mention his name around other Activators." Kyungsoo advised. "He's done some pretty bad stuff to some...wait, don't tell me he's after you now?"
 
Serena nodded slowly.
 
"How long as he been at it? You should have told me earlier about this." Kyungsoo was alarmed. "Activators don't come like raindrops. You're the first Activator in this Academy in two years." 
 
"Does he stop?" Serena started to fidget. 
 
"Only if he knows for sure he can't get anything more out of you. I don't know him that much, but that's what I've heard from overhearing conversations. Just...stay safe. If he comes up to you again, let me know."
 
In the evening Serena went out to the convenience store to grab a few snacks and came across Chanyeol, who had a bruise on his cheek, as he walked into the store. 
 
"Tch." Chanyeol looked back to make sure he wasn't being followed. "Those guys hit hard." When he noticed Serena his face slightly lit up. "Well hello there."
 
Serena held tightly to her newly bought chips and Chanyeol noticed it immediately. "Heh, you won't mind giving me one of those, right?"
 
"Stop bullying me." Serena said with a scared tone. "Me and Activators. Whatever you want I don't have, so don't bother anymore."
 
"You're an Activator, so you already are what I want." Chanyeol's height towered over her and he begun to tug on one of the chips.
 
Serena completely blew it. "I'm not an Activator or whatever, so stop bulling me!" The words fell out of so fast she couldn't stop herself from saying it.
 
"Hold up..." Chanyeol was confused. "You're not Kyungsoo's Activator?"
 
Covering , Serena walked briskly out of the store but Chanyeol followed her. "Hey, what did you mean by you're not an Activator? Didn't you wing a Marked?"
 
"Stop pestering me." Serena swatted the air with her uninjured arm.
 
"If you don't tell me now I'll let the whole school know about this." Chanyeol threatened and Serena stopped in her tracks and turned around.
 
"I-I didn't wing Kyungsoo. I only ended up here because of a huge misunderstanding. I'm just a regular person who just got lucky, okay?" Serena quickly left Chanyeol, who was out of words.
 
"So all my efforts were wasted this time?" Chanyeol looked up and asked the night sky. "All I wanted was an Activator who was willing to wing me, but all I get this time is an impostor?"
 

The next school day, Kyungsoo had already left for school before Serena even had breakfast. He even left his notebook on the table in front of the door. 

 
"That's strange." Serena picked up the book. "I haven't seen him in a rush for anything before." 
 
Along the walk to her classroom, Serena noticed snickering and glares from people around her, but when she looked directly at a group of people they would all look away. In her classroom, there was also a group of people hovering around Kyungsoo, who looked sullen. She walked over only to notice the group dissipated when she arrived at Kyungsoo's desk.
 
"Is it true?" He asked without looking at Serena.
 
"What's true?" Serena tried to have a smile on her face, but she knew something was up. She took out the notebook. "You forgot this back at our place."
 
Kyungsoo didn't dare look at Serena. He slid out his phone and played a recording that was posted on the Academy's student forums.
 
"I-I didn't wing Kyungsoo. I only ended up here because of a huge misunderstanding. I'm just a regular person who just got lucky, okay?"
 
Serena froze. That was the blurb that she said to Chanyeol the night before. She dropped her bag and ran out of the room to find him. Because this was a Winged and Activator building, he would definitely not be inside. Her footsteps were heard across the hall as she dashed out with bystanders glaring at her.
 
"Chanyeol where are you?!" She shouted angrily around the campus. "You promised you wouldn't tell!" 
 
"Hey, I never promised anything." Chanyeol's deep voice was heard from behind.
 
"Why did you do this?!" Serena pointed her index finger at him. "Seriously, what did I ever do that made your life miserable?"
 
"It was a mistake for you to come here, why would you be so upset about revealing the truth?" Chanyeol spoke louder. "Why would you waste everyone's time just so that you can be happy?"
 
"I"m not wastin-"
 
Chanyeol interrupted her. "You wasted the school's effort in finding and developing Activators. You wasted the person whom you supposedly 'winged'. You wasted MY time too! Do you think this is all just a happy show? Well, it isn't and I'm just saving all of our time and getting you out of your delusions."
 
Serena was shaking. She never meant her choice to have such a big affect over anyone. 
 
"Enough Chanyeol." Ms Won came over with a strict face. "Serena, I would like to have a word with you. Come now."
 
Serena and Ms Won arrived at the same room where Serena was instructed to meet Kyungsoo before she started to attend class at the Academy. This time the emptiness of the room gave Serena the chills and fear crawled up her back.
 
"Have a seat." Ms Won sat on the other end of the table. "We were informed this morning that there was a rumour and evidence in question about your title as an Activator."
 
Serena's hands were out of her control as they shivered under the table. Her voice cracked when she tried to speak. "Actually..."
 
She looked up to see Ms Won waiting for her to finish her sentence. "I-I didn't wing Kyungsoo...I was just there when was already winged, but he was alone and-"
 
"That's enough." Ms Won opened Serena's student file. and scribbled a couple of words and signing it. "You may pack your bags and leave the Academy."
 
Serena's eyes had begun to water. "B-ut I-"
 
"We don't accept Regulars at the Academy. It's strictly for the Marked to grow, the Winged to develop and Activators to assist. You are none of the above."
 
This wasn't a mistake that Serena made, she didn't want to leave due to shame. "I didn-"
 
Ms Won took of her reading glasses. "Ms Serena Lee, the decision is final. Please pack up your belongings. We expect you to be off the campus by an hour's time." She stood up to lead the way back to her dorms as the other students continued to give her the worst looks. 
 
Serena didn't even get to see Kyungsoo one last time to even apologize. Once she walked out of the front gates, everyone went back to their own business. Lizzy watched the entire scene from the hospital building window. 
 
"Sungjong, can you help me prepare for a small trip outside the Academy?" Lizzy spoke softly.