Reform

Winged
After attending classes for the day, Serena asked both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo to meet her in their suite. Kyungsoo had a feeling it was about the meeting she had with the principal in the morning and began to worry about it. Did it have anything to do with him? Chanyeol on the other hand was trying to learn to juggle with his flames as he couldn't keep still waiting around. When he was just about to get the hang of it, he accidentally dropped a flame onto the couch.
 
"OH SHOOT!" Chanyeol's hands wavered and the remaining flames also fell around.  
 
"Hey! Watch where you're using your powers!" Kyungsoo wasn't happy that the living area was being eaten away by flames. He was also concerned that once the heat rises to a certain level the sprinkler system will go off. 
 
"What the heck do I do?!" Chanyeol tried to step on the fire to smother it, but as a response to Chanyeol's emotions the fire began to flicker violently as well.
 
Kyungsoo tried to help cover the fire. "How should I know? You're the one who's controlling it! Take it away!"
 
Take it? Chanyeol was able to pick-up the flames with his hands. "Oh...I can do this?" He continued to pick them up and make them disappear. The two of them, with heads filled with sweat, sat down on the couch and avoided the area that was burnt. 
 
"...You think she would notice this?" Chanyeol was breathing heavily.
 
"For sure..." Kyungsoo took a deep sigh. "You're taking all the blame."
 
Serena came in the suite and immediately noticed a roasting smell. "Did you guys make roasted marshmallows or something?" She went over to the kitchen area to turn on the range hood. 
 
"How was your meeting with the principal?" Kyungsoo asked in hopes to change the topic.
 
"It went...unexpectedly..." Serena didn't know where to start. "She says that for Chanyeol and me to stay at the Academy I have to wing several other Marked. There's like 10 of them in total, but she wouldn't say what was the purpose behind it or why it had to be these people. She didn't even tell me all of them, just one at a time."  
 
"So we have to help?" Chanyeol complained. 
 
"Well you don't have to." Serena was a little irritated. "It might put your powers to a better use other than lighting things on fire."
 
Ouch...so she did notice. Chanyeol shrugged.
 
"I'll help." Kyungsoo volunteered after glaring at Chanyeol with an 'I told you so' look. "Who's first?"
 
"There's a guy named Minseok, have you heard of him?" Serena took out a photo of him and showed Kyungsoo. Chanyeol bent over to see it as well. 
 
Kyungsoo shook his head at the unfamiliar face. "No, I don't think so."
 
Serena stood and pondered. "I guess it would make sense that no one has really seen him. Apparently he hardly goes to class and skips almost everything in order to do part-time jobs."
 
"Part-time?" Chanyeol looked at Serena. "This guy must really need the money."
 
"Principal Kim said that it was pretty much useless to find him in the Academy. "If anything, he suggested that we headed to the beach tomorrow."
 
"What about class?" Kyungsoo asked. 
 
Serena gave him a thumb up. "Principal Kim said it was okay for us to skip classes. From what I've heard, these Marked aren't your regular obedient students."

"Oh sick! I'm in." Chanyeol nodded excitedly.
 
"Like this one." Serena said to Kyungsoo as she pointed at Chanyeol. "He's apparently one of them."
 
Right now Kyungsoo just wanted to be helpful to someon, and that someone was Serena for now. However if all these Marked were just like Chanyeol in their behaviour, it would be quite the problem.
 
"Guys, let's start planning our trip to the beach!" Chanyeol ignored all the concerns and began to list out things he'd like to do.
 
"I think we have to break his habit of being the leader." Kyungsoo whispered to Serena. 
 
"I think so too." Serena whispered back.
 

Chanyeol's old group had been wandering around for the week with no goal or ideals. They joined the group in hopes to be able to be winged faster than creating bonds, but now that their ambitious leader was gone, they had no direction. At times they were fighting with fists against each other to decide a new leader, but they couldn't find a clear winner. They took a break in a corner at the library.

"If this continues, none of us will get winged."
 
"What can we do?"
 
A figure rose from the corner. "Do you fellows mind if I volunteer myself as the leader?"
 
The looked up to see a man with a confident smirk on his face. "Allow me to introduce myself. Junmyeon, but I go by the name of Suho around here. I propose that your way to create artificial bonds is incorrect and through my leadership I will guarantee each person will get winged."
 
"If you're as good as you say you are, why aren't YOU winged?" One asked. They had never heard of Suho before. If he really was a good leader, wouldn't his name be at least known around the Academy?
 
"I chose not to get winged." Suho exclaimed. "There simply isn't anyone here that I would want as an Activator. I have been watching your group for a while in disappointment. Your almighty leader could only be winged after he left the group. Doesn't that tell you fellow something? I could change this."
 
"What do you mean by choosing not getting winged? Why are you even here?" 
 
Suho ignored the question. "Simple. I can teach you guys how to get winged, and how not to get winged. So what do you guys say?"
 
Suho sure had the presence of a leader and got his points across very clearly. Some in the group hesitated, while others nodded in approval. 
 
"Shall we decide on majority wins? All in favor please raise your hands." Suho could tell that more than half of the group agreed to his leadership. He smiled even more. 
 
"Very well then, I shall begin the reform immediately."
 
The self-proclaimed ninja overheard the entire conversation as he stood behind the bookshelf. Unlike the group, he had heard of Junmyeon before - at least the name sounded familiar to him. He can only stand being next to someone for a short while before having to walk away. 
 
It seemed as if Suho had noticed him though, but it wasn't time for him to start recruiting. He needed to strengthen the current members first. 
 


A/N: Alrighty! Now that these two chapters are finished, let the second wing arc officially begin :P